Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    good evening everyone! it is a mostly sunny and very windy day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone. she worked at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i got in my strength training session this morning and i really enjoyed it! I went for a walk in the afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing in a while. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    @Tabatha_Cain Happy Birthday to your son tomorrow! How old is he going to be? And yes, I'm hoping the dip is amazing, we shall see! Figured I'll chop up some celery sticks and make us some tortilla chips out of a few of our low carb tortillas and I think both of those will pair well with it. I need to go to the grocery store today after work to grab supplies!

@LindieMaeP your recipes and food choices sound absolutely delicious! I was thinking about making some onions, mushrooms, and sqaush as a side dish this weekend, using olive oil to sautee them in. We try to buy from local farmers, since we only have herbs and tomato plants right now in our home that we can pull from. The brand of the low carb bread that we are able to get from Costco is called Natural Ovens, not sure if yours carries it, maybe could order it online if needed? I can help with Noah's Ark, my husband has been teaching me woodworking! :wink: we are so ready for fall too! We live in the deep south of the US, so we are ready for a repreive from the heat.

@cormierannie glad to hear things are going well! do you do a strength training routine at home or at a gym? My husband and I are looking at starting with resistance bands at home until we can start buying and building our home gym.

I am feeling super confident in my ability to continue strong with this new lifestyle. Last night, we cooked for our boys their usual fare, and my husband and I made our low carb variety. We figured now is the best opportunity to lead by example for them and make sure that the majority of the carbs they are taking in are from 'healthy' sources. They are all very active kids, growing super fast, so we know their bodies need much more than ours do when it comes to those macros. Being an active family certainly helps! My husband commented yesterday while I was in the kitchen how my waist is looking smaller, and that excited me! :smiley: I will have to take progress pictures next week and compare from when I started to see how noticable the changes really are right now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

drpiwkifb7m2.png

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,958 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I am so glad it is Thursday. Only today and tomorrow until my 3 day weekend. I am looking forward to it. I think things are going well here at home. I am getting ready to go to work today and work has been a lot of fun. I have been going through rerating people and that is always fun. It is also a lot of work. Today I hope is going to be a good day. I think it will but we will see.

@LindieMaeP - That is great that she created her own game. She should get a patent on it before someone steals the idea. Yes it was a hot one yesterday. I too hope it cools down some but I don't want any rain or snow.
    @Kurtize - Rain seems to always be needed yet grass does well without it and I don't water my lawn. So it is still green at the end of the year.
    @cormierannie - Glad everyone is doing well. I hope you enjoyed your dancing last night.
    @cosmiccurves - That is great that he noticed the change. My son will be 18 on September 17. We are just getting around to going to look at the venue I booked and decide on decorations. You will have to let me know how that dip is and post the recipe or the link to the recipe for that exact one you made. Kids do need more than we do. They are growing alot faster.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,927 Member
    Good morning everyone. Up early today.
  • shortmom5
    shortmom5 Posts: 25 Member
    As this is my first challenge, I’m not quite sure when it starts and the process. I did come over from SP, but I never did one of their monthly challenges. This looks like a very active and encouraging group I’m excited to get started
  • cormierannie
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on after supper. my daughter works at her part time job today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,389 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, another hot day here, but I will survive. Going to go to Denny's with my sister, Alice, or rather meet her there, not sure what I will have but I will try to make it low carb. I just had a sandwich for lunch with the low carb bread I have - I know I will not have bread or anything breaded for dinner, bread is covered for today.
    @cosmiccurves by all means do come help with the Ark, I certanly do not know much about wood or working with wood. Come to think of it, I am not very good with math, think we better recruit @Dianedoessmiles1 as she is good with math and she can find the several football fields we will need LOL I'll see if I can find that bread at the lowcarb store online or even if Costco here has it, most likely not. I am glad low carbing is going well for you and your husband. I know here, my son eats a lot of high carb foods, but being a 115 lbs bean pole well half the size of a bean pole - he says he needs them. So often food is cooked for low carb then I portion out his and he can add all his carbs. He's learning too not to add so many carbs to anything he might want me to eat. BUT I still enjoy fruits such as blueberries and cookies - Peakfreans Lifestyle - only 2 a day these days.
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope today was a good day for you. Your son and my daughter have the same birth date - 17 SEP - I hope your son enjoys his day, I know my daughter will. Yes I guess Charise should look at patening her games, course I never play it so no idea how good it would be...
    @Patti241 hi back at ya !!
    @cormierannie enjoy your dancing and hope your daughter has a good shift at her part time job.
    @shortmom5 I am sure one of the leaders will see your post and answer you @Dianedoessmiles1 can you answer this ? Thanks In the meantime, do go to this link, as it will answer so much for you - just right click on the link and open in a new browser or window - https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Ceriusly1/view?id=5-challenge-faq-1006029
    Well I gotta get things written up, dishes done and that before I brave the heat and go meet my sister. We have not done this in a while. In the meantime, welcome to September, it's gotta get cooler now right ?????
    9hghp47q7imx.gif

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,317 Member
    eydg1qiiqt95.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,934 Member
    HI ALL!! SUPER BUSY!! Those who were active during the Summer 5% Challenge, have you signed up to remain active? Please read this and sign on up!! Its so much fun with 4 teams on 2 teams, you'll see those you may of lost track of from previous 5% Challenges
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871601/sign-up-here-for-the-in-between-challenge#latest

All Members please continue to chat here, I'll be in here also as I can. LOVE THE CHAT!! Also if you have time and if you wish to do so, comment on anyone post. GREAT way to have more support.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 3,958 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. I am so glad it is Friday. I have a 3 day weekend this this week. I am super excited. An extra day to cram pack everything into. I have a wedding Saturday. Get together with BF family on Sunday and Get together for my Family on Monday. So not a super busy day, but enough. I love being busy though. I need to make sure I get a lot of exercise in. I am going to need it with the food we are eating.

@shortmom5 - It will fall into place soon. It does take time to adjust to Saturday weigh ins though
    @cormierannie - I missed my walk yesterday an have had issues and ended up having to work out another way. I miss my walk. Definitely getting one today.
    @LindieMaeP - It does have to get cooler now, but hopefully not to cool. I don't need freezing temps just yet.
    @Kurtize - Happy September to you too.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, WOOHOO Tabatha during the break we'll be on the SAME TEAM!! @Patti241 you also!! FUN FUN SUPER FUN!!! Tabatha, have such a FUN WEEKEND!! It looks fun!! Keep track of that exercise to report as you can (Any time during the break is fine). Patti, OH GF I HAVE to tell you I could NOT sleep last night with the windows open. YEAH YEAH It was to cold!! Oh it was so wonderful not running the AC! Though it's much quieter than the others I have used, it still makes a little noise. I smiled so hard going to bed, i am shocked I slept!! I can also tell it's colder, LOL Woke up with a kitty on me.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,317 Member
    Good afternoon, another day with some more rain, which is good. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Daily Affirmations by Jonathan Lockwood Huie: I choose my life-path.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kurtize ,, Good afternoon back to you!! We have a little bit of rain coming in early Sat, and again on Monday. Being still in a drought we are okay with that!! We can let others tell us what to do, how to do them, and at times that's a must, but overall hopefully we get to have our dreams.
  • LindieMaeP
    dva6n3p15w41.gif
  • cormierannie
    happy friday everyone! the weekend is here! hurray! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! it is a mainly sunny and mild day here today. i got in my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk earlier in the afternoon and i am feeling great! i will be dancing to the 80's later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Lindiemaep ,, That's so CUTE!! Tweety has always been a favorite. You ENJOY Yours too!!
    @Cormierannie ,,, WOOHOO on the exercise. ENJOY the evening!! We'll see ya tomorrow!

WOOHOO cooler today at 72 as a HIGH it's now 10:20 and it's 57 AWESOME!! Though my place is still at 74.
  • Patti241
    Diane: It is not that cold here yet. Hopefully Fall is just around the corner
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 ,, HOPEFULLY it is!! Today will be just right at 72. WOOHOO!! Getting ready to go down to the grocery store. LOL on a SATURDAY AM at THAT!! I may wait til noontime. It might Not be quite as busy. HA!! This store is super busy even at closing! We used to chase customers down. I once told one "Hi, we'll are closing" they were about 1/4 of the way through the store who replied "Well I AM NOT DONE SHOPPING!" I just looked at her. "I realize its not convivence for you that we are closing. Its the holiday season, many of us upfront have worked 8 plus hours today. We really want to go home and put our tired feet up (I had a smile on my face, pleasant of course) Is there something you'll need for breakfast? I'll help you find it so you can have a yummy breakfast." She got that point,,,, thanked me. She had a rough day herself and that was all she could think about. But, she got the breakfast stuff ,, thanked me for being nice. That PLACE IS CRAZY!! LOLOL I WISH Patti, SO BADLY I could still work there!! I had WAY WAY TO MUCH FUN!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Good morning all, it's much cooler here this morning and hopefully stay that way. Tomorrow should bring needed rain and my congregation group meets at the Kingdom Hall for the first time since Covid hit way back when, bring the rain, I gotta umbrella! I've been thinking about the LTGL that I can choose for this IB and I will rotate between 3 of them, stretch, vitamin, no random eating. I found this week's stretch very beneficial so will continue with this first. @Dianedoessmiles1 tweety has been a favourite of mine too, so was Tom and Jerry, but as I realised how violent it was, even parts of tweety I had to stop watching. I do not want to promote any kind of violence. Have you seen the new planet from the James Webb ?? It's interesting how they do the search in space ! Course you and I know someone who knows them all by name and destination! AP is going well and will go well. How are you doing with your pain and infection, are the meds helping ?
    WELL it's almost 9 am and have to get ready for my meeting. It's gonna be a goodun. Have a nice 1st day on the IB folks !!
    09gbmgz41pm7.gif