WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    We finally had our late gift exchange with our son tonight - including gifts from our daughter which had been waiting for several weeks! I was away over the holidays, then had covid - so this was the first time we could sit together and enjoy a meal and the gifts. We are all concerned about keeping each other warm! There were gorgeous woolly socks, warm mittens, even a pair of heated gloves - there will be no cold people in this family any time soon :smiley: As is his evil way, my son brought lots of fancy ice cream. Of course, I did not resist...

SO! Energy is coming back, so I have to get moving more. I'm about to hop on the exercise bike to use up some of that ice cream. Tomorrow will hopefully bring enough snow to get out the snowshoes. Can't wait!

Thursday line-up in the wings - ready to go, right?
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

@PlaneMonkey I'll join you on those planks and core work - it helps everything.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    So sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis and the worry this puts on your family
    Thinking of you all right now as he waits on additional testing
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Options
    1/9 exercise: 10809 steps + 10 mins strength
    1/10 exercise: 8095 steps + 26 minutes Peloton
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear of your father's diagnosis @conleywoods. I will keep my fingers crossed for you all.

@AshenMoon that's lovely!

I've had a busy week - too busy, I think, as I am exhausted this morning. Monday night was lady physio, Tuesday I had PT, smear, worked late, yesterday I started work at 7.30, and had the car in the garage (finally sorted), plus I did 30 mins walking on the treadmill listening to a podcast. The podcast was a Tim Ferris one, but with James Clear who wrote Atomic Habits - felt timely as he'd been discussed in here recently! I've had a decent weight loss too. I have to remind myself it's not the focus right now, but very pleased all the same. I only weigh once a week now (used to do daily) so I'm less aware of the fluctuations.

My session with the dietician was interesting. I'm now tracking my food intake using the Practice Better app, which is her tool (or one of) as a professional. I am taking photos of my food - so obviously I have to do that before I eat it! - no need to weigh or record portion sizes then. We talked about protein sizes generally being a fist (carbs, fruit and veg), palm (protein) and index finger tip (fats and oils), so that's the basis I'm trying to work on for now.
  • jugar
    Options
    @conleywoods hang in there :heart: That sounds like one big rush of tough stuff. Come by when you can, but definitely keep the pressure off. Try to take care of yourself too, though. We're holding your hands - hope you can feel us there with you!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse so far I like it. Everything - communication, appointments, invoices - is done through there, which is convenient. I do get email/phone notifications too. She was able to turn off the calories on the food logging, and food logging itself wasn't turned on to begin with. My only complaint is that it's a bit slow to open on my (very new) phone, but that's a minor thing, and it's fine once it's running. Before we started logging via the app, I could upload photos of my on-paper food diaries, or anything else, and she shares a lot of attachments for me.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 That's awesome!

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods thoughts are with you

@bowens1973 fantastic loss

@DD265 never heard of that app, like the idea of not looking at numbers for accountability

Wanting to jump on as I'm quiet in the chat latelly with school, work and mom life
    scrolling through the dialoge makes me feel like I'm not alone in this journey and love the positive vibe.

Hope your week is going well - so close to Friday
  • jugar
    Options
    Wanting to jump on as I'm quiet in the chat lately with school, work and mom life - scrolling through the dialoge makes me feel like I'm not alone in this journey and love the positive vibe.
    That's what it's all about - quiet, gabby, brief, or full of news - it helps! I'm glad you mentioned this, and it is great to know that reading the posts makes a difference for you.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I am thinking about you and your family in this challenging time. I think one of the worst parts is the unkown and waiting for test results. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 5 years ago and has now been in remission for the past 3.5 years. A long round of surgery, chemo, and radiation (they don't always do radiation but hers had spread from her colon). Let me know if you need anything! I hope it was caught early! 💕
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods hugs to you. The waiting is the worst. Thoughts are with you.

• jugar
    Options
    Let's serve up some hot Friday! Get ready for it ----

@ashleycarole86
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune

@PlaneMonkey and I are also weighing in on the maintenance team - hoping not to have bounced back up over the top.

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your well wishes. My dad is finally scheduled for the 25th of this month. We should know more after that appointment. My sister's a nurse and she wasn't as freaked out as I was so that helped. My sister and I both feel like it's a good chance it's been caught earlier. Fingers crossed.

I'm feeling less stressed today and it feels like things are settling down for the moment. I stayed late at work to finish paper work up. I never stay late and it's definitely a point of pride that I always have my paper work done promptly and on time. Not this week. I was disappointed to stay at first but it felt good to have it all down. Now I can enjoy my 4 day weekend! I haven't worked out all week and I think it was a good choice. Just too stressed and needed the extra sleep. It's the week before my period so I usually do lighter workouts anyways. Do any of you who have cycles change your workout based on where you are in your cycle? It seems like that's a popular topic "training with your cycle" with some of the you tube fitness people I watch.
This discussion has been closed.