WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    PW:189.4
    CW: 189.6

@conleywoods - Thinking of you and your family and hope the appointment goes well on the 25th.

I do not specifically workout based on my cycle, however, that could be really interesting! I know that the week before my cycle begins, I have cramps and sweet cravings, but now I’m wondering what workouts would be great during that time.

I felt like this week I did decently well with nutrition - I pre-logged my meals in the morning, and I did not indulge when my husband showed up with sweets from a local bakery. I’ll give it another week and then adjust if I don’t see any change.

Tomorrow we’re going to a glassblowing class to make our own ornaments, and then dinner with our friends after at an Italian place. Sunday, my niece has a rock concert and I’m looking forward to it.

For workouts, I’ll wrap up work and do Sydney’s 45 minutes Glutes and Abs workout today. Saturday will be a rest day, and Sunday will be a spin class.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Had a fun evening with the raclette grill and niece & boyfriend but definitely feeling a little off this morning from all the cheese/meats - maybe I've gotten used to cleaner eating already. Back to it today.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,158 Member
    Options
    Glad it was fun @eggfreak and that it just makes you want to get back to your regular eating style

@conleywoods I don't change my workouts but I do have to take prescription NSAID during my period because I have dysmenorrhea. So, if for some reason the pills don't get taken at the right time and I get in the pain hole.. it may be game over for working out that day as it would get so bad I wouldn't be able to. But if I manage my pain well then I can usually continue my normal activities no matter the time of the month.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,143 Member
    Options
    Great job @DianaGetsFit512 ! It is always so nice to get that kind of shock :wink:

A couple more Friday people, and then the Saturday people - line up and send the numbers:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017
    @Isitua
    @zankash23
    @jimprogress

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    I hurt my knee on the Peloton on Tuesday, seems odd given that cycling is low impact but I did a class that required really high resistance (which I never hit) and I clearly overdid it.. I didn't realize at the time I was but it's sore now.

I have been able to walk just fine and I did the elliptical in the hotel and a very light Peloton ride last night. The worst is when I'm doing stairs, getting up for a chair, or squatting down to sit in one - the bend to straight action is what hurts.

Anyway, I didn't hit my exercise goal yesterday but it had nothing to do with that.. sorta just timed out to get all my steps and chose movie night over going out for one last one. It happens! I'm thinking what I need to do when I get home later today is to bust out an ice pack.

1/12 exercise - 5961 steps + 30 minutes elliptical
    1/13 exercise - 6401 steps + 21 minutes Peloton
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 have you tried voltaren? I find it helps with my joint pain. Ice packs are great too, just don't leave it on too long. Frostbite is real!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,166 Member
    Options
    Here's your link for next week's Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us for a new all-inclusive BINGO game! Hope to see you there--starts Sunday, Jan 15th!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881987/january-week-3-group-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    Good suggestion - I know Brad definitely has some Voltaren in the cupboard.. I'll likely try that tonight!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,143 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 have you tried voltaren? I find it helps with my joint pain. Ice packs are great too, just don't leave it on too long. Frostbite is real!

Voltaren is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.