TEAM: The Belly Flats (January)

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday, January 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (after adding exercise calories burned)
    Exercise: Yes (πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ60 min; πŸ’ͺ42 min; πŸ’—50 min; πŸ€½β€β™‚οΈ56 min; πŸ‘£10,474 steps)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hey Belly Flats! Question - is anyone else having an egg shortage in your area? I heard there is a nationwide shortage. I went to our store today, and shelves were 100% empty. I am bummed, because a hard boiled egg is the most filling snack I have discovered. I am resorting to string cheese, but it is not the same.... πŸ₯šπŸ³πŸ₯š

Yes a shortage in Orange County, California also. Costco was completely sold out, so I picked up some liquid egg whites. Stater bros has some, 8.99 for 18 eggs! I bit the bullet and bought them, we eat a lot of eggs. Ugh!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Meo1t66254937.jpg
    My drink choice tonight, very delicious and only 30 calories for the entire bottle. πŸ˜‹
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Let's have a great 2023!

Thanks!

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I am new to The Belly Flats.
    I'm committed to this challenge but not up to typing much right now as I had a severe pain attack this morning.
    After that I have rested for the rest of the day.
    I have a lot of health problems.
    As a result of one of the health conditions, I can have debilitating pain episodes.
    Wanted to let you know so you don't wonder where I am on days I am not posting.
    I will for sure post on my Saturday weigh in days.
    I'm not feeling up to reading the posts tonight (but I skimmed them).
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Everyone, I'm not using MFP for logging food and activities. I'm trying another programs.

Daily Post: Monday, Jan 2nd
    Calories: Under
    Exercise:Treadmill for 60mins
    Water= 83oz
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Jan 2

Carbs: Under (I do Atkins high protein - low carb)
    Exercise: no
    H20: 10 glasses - (my goal for the day)
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey Belly Flats! Question - is anyone else having an egg shortage in your area? I heard there is a nationwide shortage. I went to our store today, and shelves were 100% empty. I am bummed, because a hard boiled egg is the most filling snack I have discovered. I am resorting to string cheese, but it is not the same.... πŸ₯šπŸ³πŸ₯š

It is hit or miss here. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't. The price has gone up over a dollar since last month. I'm trying to let the Wife let me have some chickens, LOL.
  • pauletzl
    pauletzl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Daily post for January 2

Tracked calories: yes I was under in calorie intake
    Activity: outdoor run 1 hr 5.52 miles 830 calories burned
    Total steps for the day: 16,579

Good luck everyone in there journey to a healthy you.
  • HigginsTheBrave
    HigginsTheBrave Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: Β»
    I'm trying to let the Wife let me have some chickens, LOL.

I hear ya! I'd do it, but we have mountain lions in our neighborhood... and foxes!
  • HigginsTheBrave
    edited January 2023
    Options
    pauletzl wrote: Β»

Activity: outdoor run 1 hr 5.52 miles 830 calories burned

Nice run!

• HigginsTheBrave
    edited January 2023
    Options

I hope today is a good day for you, with less pain
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    I am new to The Belly Flats.
    I'm committed to this challenge but not up to typing much right now as I had a severe pain attack this morning.
    After that I have rested for the rest of the day.
    I have a lot of health problems.
    As a result of one of the health conditions, I can have debilitating pain episodes.
    Wanted to let you know so you don't wonder where I am on days I am not posting.
    I will for sure post on my Saturday weigh in days.
    I'm not feeling up to reading the posts tonight (but I skimmed them).

Good to hear from you, and welcome to our little group! I hope you are feeling better today. :)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks @HigginsTheBrave and @looneycatblue for your encouragement. Still not feeling good today so unfortunately it has to be another rest day for me. Joining this group and knowing I have a Saturday weigh in is helping me to keep my eating in check today though.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    looneycatblue

Daily: Mon, Jan 2
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: just under (I use my exercise calories)
    Exercise: 2 x Walks, 9,246 steps

Comments: Took a morning walk to the store, p/up lots of healthy stuff, with plans to make a big pot of Veggie Soup. 2 heavy bags to carry home, but lucky for me the store is only 2/3 of a mile away. Still had to stop 3 times to rest my arms and let the blood flow back into my fingers! :D
    Spent most of the rest of the day sedentary, so decided to take another walk before dinner... so nice to have the time to do that. :)
    Unfortunately the reason for the extra time was I couldn't get any work done, my old computer is crashing, and the new one (my Son built for me over the weekend), I couldn't get up and running... :s
    I'm hoping to get my computer crises fixed soon, but I will miss the down time.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    MFP name: robandy12345
    Weight in days Sunday
    CW 234
    Daily: Jan 2
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: I play volleyball and basketball in the winter and softball in the summer
    Comments: I am just getting started back to watching my food intake.
    Goal is to lose 30 lbs. My last two jobs were at home being a Covid tracer. I kept in shape by biking on a stationary desk type desk. I've gained 20 lbs since that job ended. I am starting a new job next week at a desk so I have no idea what direction my weight will head.
    I've been in a few biggest loser groups here before and had much success.
    Let me know if I can help anyone. I have been a Fitbit advocate for many years.
    Thanks for listening.
    Peace to all!
    Bobby T.
  • HigginsTheBrave
    Options
    I kept in shape by biking on a stationary desk type desk.

That is awesome!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, January 3

Calories: Under (after adding exercise calories burned)
    Exercise: Yes (πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ55 min; ☯ 57 min; πŸ€½β€β™‚οΈ81 min; πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ1.5 mi/30 min; πŸ‘£10,141 steps)
  • WA_Teacher
    Options

Same issue here in Washington State. If you can find eggs you’re limited to 1 or 2 cartons.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday, Jan 3rd
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 15 min Strength & 20 mins on treadmill
    Water= 50 oz. πŸ€”
    It was back to the classroom today and my water intake took a big hit.