Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Have all or most of the invites gone out yet? I don't want to lose my ticket! 😆😊. I feel like I'm running to the airport to purchase my plane ticket. 🤣

Have a great day! I gotta late start today
    Trina
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,601 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful day here today! my daughter says hi to all. it is her birthday today! she turns 18 and she is enjoying her day so far. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. there will be a cake later on for my daughter, when she comes home from school for the day. i can remember when i was able to take her out for her first walk about a week after she was born. where did the time go? now she is a young lady who enjoys school, learning new things and spending time with her friends. she is such a sweet, thoughtful, considerate young lady. i am looking forward to seeing her as she grows up all along the way. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Kurtize-I missed the picture of your power recliner. Very nice! I need new furniture, but that would require me to get out a look for some and I can be a procrastinator. lol

Lindie-Me messing with my computer is not fun...hahahahaha! I would rather sit and read a book than be on a computer. It's not that I can't do it, just not my cup of tea. Are you getting ready for the Memorial? Ours is at the local community center this year. We weren't able to get it last year so we had it at the community center in the Holiday Inn. It was very nice.

I took it easy today. It is the start of allergy season and yup they are dragging me down. Did some laundry, cleaning and stretching video. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful day here today. my daughter says hi. it's her birthday today! she turns 18 years old. i can still remember when i got the okay to take her out for her first walk when she was about a week old. where did the time go? now she is in her last year of high school and will be starting university this september. for the first year at university, she plans to live on campus. she has so many plans for her future. i encourage her every step of the way. she spends time with her friends, too, outside of school. she takes part in different musical related events throughout the school year. i will encourage her to continue to do so, even after she finishes high school. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it! i will be doing some dancing later on. there will definitely be a birthday cake for my daughter when she gets home from school today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, are you ready for a treat? I went on FB to see how family is doing, I only have family on my feed so I only see their posts. AND I only post to them. My cousin in the Lake District of England posted pictures of their garden which they had a make over last year, and I asked if I could snafoo some pics and they said yes!! So enjoy the pics at the end of my post. It was Seniors day at Shoppers Drugmart but no nothing for being the Seniors Day ?? HUH??? Usually you get bonus points or something, I spent 103.00 and only got my goods and regular points, rather disappointing for it being Seniors Day, guess these days were numbers and Seniors no longer important. The economy must be that bad! Well on the way to catch a bus home, I looked at the time of two and decided on one of them - they both go down my street. I got on one at a point further then where they usually pick up because a bus was already at that one still loading. I thanked the driver and sat down. Then once all loaded at the early pick up point, the driver proceeded to go and there was one older gentleman with a bike signalling for the driver to stop and pick him up at the normal stop, but nope the driver just kept on driving.. oh my .. how sad, the driver should have stopped, let him load his bike and let him on. He was at the right spot to board!! I hope that gentleman files a complaint. That was not called for, and I felt like the gentleman was being discriminated against. However I was not the one driving the bus. I also did not say anything ... put a bit of damper on my day but not enough to ruin it. Came home have had lunch and now will finish up my day. I did do 1 load of laundry so time to put it away after.
    @ginnaboots I am sooo excited for the Memorial - it will be at our local Kingdom Hall which we share with another congregation. They have the early time slot this year so ours is at 9 pm. Not the time I want to be on a bus so I will try to arrange a ride there and back. I have a new to me dress that I got at Value Village and am looking forward to wearing it. I also got new shoes that don't look so much like runners as I am usually in runners 24/7 due to my orthotic inserts. I sure hope your allergies kick out and dont' bother you for the Memorial - are you taking anything? My daugher's get allergies really badly and I am not sure what they take. Good you got your work out in even if just stretching, it's needed!
    @cormierannie I bet your daughter is going to love where she goes to school next. My granddaughter is in UBC in a Forrestry program and it does challenge her which according to my daughter she needs to be challenged. Hope you both have a wonderful day!
    @Tabatha_Cain, it's almost there, the end is in sight !! I am glad you enjoy working at BK - my son used to work there, he still remembers what he did and that was long before drive throughs and app orders lol Then he moved to IGA and enjoyed a few good years there too. Grocery stores are not so bad to work at at times. Hang in there, almost the weekend!!
    @ForeverFitNHealthy I can't say for sure if all invites have gone out, best thing to do is tag one of the leaders, either @Ceriusly1 or @Dianedoessmiles1 or your previous leader if you knew who it was. They would be better to help you -- sometimes the invites get lost in the transition. Hopefully someone will be able to answer you. Have a good day, Trina
    @everyone, have a good day today and enjoy my cousin's garden!!
    myvbnm2ncuum.jpg
    wxlem35n0lem.jpg

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,757 Member
    Options
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,004 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize I love the console in between the seats on your recliner loveseat. Our last furniture had the consoles I'm both the loveseat and sofa and they were so handy.
    @ginnaboots On My, My... how ever did I miss the Northern Lights??? I may need to come visit you some day as seeing the Northern Lights is one of the very few things on my bucket list and they are simply stunning over the ocean!!
    @ForeverFitNHealthy
    Here's how to find your invite
    pgmuc2avn6d9.png
    If you still have not received your invite reach out to @Ceriusly1 or @Dianedoessmiles1
    @LindieMaeP What a beautiful garden!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,786 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP your cousins garden in beautiful.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Very nice out, a little cloudy but 73 outside. Tomorrow lighting predicated. Hugs and blessings

u9r2bqfm4ojw.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    WAVING!! WAVING AGAIN and again and again!! LOL!! Sure hope you are all well. What a pretty day outside, but COLD!! Right now at 6 PM it's 35 F. I "think" our high was 36 F. LOL a friend moved up from Georgia and thought Spring was here when earlier this week we hit 51. I couldn't help myself, I burst out laughing. Izzy and Oscar are now getting along. They'll play, but she won't allow him to curl up next to her, though a foot away is tolerated well enough. It's nice to have them up on the bed and I hear double purring!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Busy day. Made spaghetti and homemade applesauce. I am really enjoying cooking and relaxing much more as I get the meal together.

Today was also beautiful outside and almost got 10,000 steps in as well as filling in mole holes and sowing grass seed.

It is past my bedtime and so I'll say goodnight and blessings on everyone's tomorrow.

Tomorrow's word: Honesty
    72q8yryot9s9.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thursday's Eats ~
    Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup and Bella Burger with Blue Cheese on Dave's Thin Good Seed ~ Grilled Chicken Salad w/Berries ~ Two-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffin
    sns3awrk05vt.jpg
    Dinner was at the baseball field so a salad was pre-planned and I brought Raspberries, Blueberries and Skinny Girl Chipolte dressing to add to it. I also had an extra chicken breast added to up the protein. It was soooo good and only 455 calories.😋
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP tell your cousin their garden is beautiful. Not sure I could have one like that, that would look so nice.

@NovemberGail love your flowers too. Hope you get rid of the moles. We had a Gopher for a year. What a pest. It enjoyed my Hubby's veggie garden. Luckily the dogs drove it off. Nice walking!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. The weekend is here. Woohoo. I just have to get through this day and then I have 2 days off. I do have to take my engagement and wedding bands in for their first inspection tomorrow so we can keep up with the warranty. I am excited for that. We will see how it goes. I hope everything is ok with the rings.

@cormierannie - Congrats on your adult child. It is a whole new level of parenting
    @ginnaboots - Sorry you are having trouble with allergies.
    @LindieMaeP - That is sad that the driver just passed the person with the bike. He should be allowed to ride as well.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Glad to see they are not getting along. They will eventually play together.
    @NovemberGail - Glad your day outside was beautiful. Ours was pretty too but chilly. Today is suppose to be warm but thunderstorms.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

@cormierannie -Time sure does fly! The children grow up so fast. I hope you both had a super day!

Lindie-Those gardens are spectacular! Wow! I hope another bus stopped for the older gentlemen.

Cat-I wish I could have seen them in person too. I don't keep up on when that stuff is happening, so I missed them. That was a picture off the internet. I have seen them before outside my back yard, but never from Lake Michigan. I will have to pay attention. I will let you know the next time and you can book your flight...lol.

@NovemberGail-Spaghetti sounds good. Pretty daffodil. Way to go on getting those steps in. Hope you slept well.

@Kurtize-Happy Friday. Woke up to pouring rain and a thunderstorm. I wondered what noise was..lol. Wasn't expecting a thunderstorm this early into Spring.

Diane-We had a 47 degree day Monday and I was outside wearing short sleeve shirt. I am sure you were too! The kids across the street were outside with shorts on. That's how we roll here in Michigan....LOL. It is a heat wave for me...hahaha.

Tabatha-Enjoy your time off from work. You deserve it. You work hard!

I was going to pick up my taxes and go for a hike this morning, but not in this weather. I didn't know we had this stuff coming. Oh well I am happy for the rain.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Options
    It’s 67 feels like 67 with a high of 74 and windy today. Insight Timer Quote: Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?—Charles Bukowski I AM: I can overcome anything I put my mind to. Axe Sharpening: Have the discipline to remain focused on what you can control.—Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Discover the joy in the simple things of life. Fitness Quote: This is a lifestyle, There is no finish line.—gymaholic. Motivational Quote: Some days you’re the sun, shining brightly. Other days you’re the moon, needing the dark to bring out your light. But at all times, you’re glowing with magic.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,311 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 31/305 mile challenge, WHD Glutes/Shoulders and Core Challenge Week 8, Day 5: Final Fit Test in the gym after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here, with rain on and off. my daughter says hi and thank you for the birthday wishes. she had an amazing day yesterday. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a run earlier this morning when it was not raining. i also did my strength training workout this morning as well. i will be going for a long walk in a while. later on i will be doing some dancing to the 80's music. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Beyond windy..think I heard a few things thumping at the other end of the house..wondering if the awning got ripped loose...yes it is that bad!! temp says 51 and sunny..skin says WHAT..tis 20 !! The Spring winds are rolling off the mountains like runaway freight trains!!
    Good Day Pattie...too late to say good morning..sorry!!
    Plan...get to front yard maybe trim some branches
    Actual activity...stand in sun room shaking head and saying..nope not today!!
    The kids should have fun loading the truck in this stuff!! Guess it is better than moving in during a snow storm!!
    Wishing everyone a good evening..I am gonna have to curl up under my warm blanket on the recliner and maybe read a bit...nite now!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    nj6z6v5ftoud.jpg

@katiecondy1: March is leaving like a lion. Katie, I wonder if we shared the same wind except it was warmer here today.
    @ginnaboots: The good thing about rain is you don't have to shovel it.
    @jeanhickokhaley1: I don't think we will every be rid of the moles. We get them taken care of in one area and then they seem to move to another area.
    @Tabatha_Cain: Two days off is a gift. Enjoy!!!

Tomorrow's words are education and harmony.

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    @Novembergail ,, I LOVE how the both of us are cooking now!! Does the heart good and it's so much better for all. WTG!
    @Catwmncat ,, How many calories are in the skinny girls dressing and sodium?
    @jeanhickokhaley ,, It was so much fun having you on the Meerkcats team during the in between break!! Enjoy your team MAY ALL teams do well and all members enjoy it.
    @Tabatha_Cain you do make us smile!! ENJOY the weekend, LOL I knew with Izzy she could be BOSSY with other cats, I see a whole new side to her though. She's 2 very different roles, she BOSSES Him around with an iron paw, yet she also watches over him as if he's her baby which is adorable. Though they do not lay down together, they are within a foot of each other. Its so cute. TY TY TY!! Enjoy the rings being looked at. Soon before you know it they'll be on your fingers!!! That excitement of the looking and looking at it, for it to be with your heart at all times.
    @Ginnaboots ,,, I DID GIGGLE at the shorts already. WELL I SAY Already, but I am not far behind you on that!! It was so nice today again no jacket. NO NEED of one. It was perfect tonight? LOLOL It's SNOWING!!! But, it's not sticking. Tonight is the first night in our city we can park on the street again. I have a veyr nice spot so I never do it, but no doubt many of my neighbors will. THat storm is currently coming though and tomorrow the other part, we were told we could have thunderstorms also. Though usually, the cooler air off the ocean stops them.
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!! Any plans over the weekend?
    @Cormierannie ,, what type of dancing do you prefer to do?
    @Katiecondy1 ,, Hope the awning is okay!! Did the dogs do okay with the wind? Are they used to it? Oscar freaks out for a moment when he hears a noise he doesn't know, but is adjusting fast. Being a 55 plus there are always ambulances/fire trucks coming in, occasionally police (LOL More often than one would think in a 55 plus!) Hope the kids have a safe travel. We are here with you kiddo.
    @Novembergail ,, there are years we do not see the end of Spring until May. LOL FOOLISH WINDS!! Pretty flowers!!