Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain it's a pic from a mission trip to New Mexico. I do live in a greener area. It's already mowing season. Ugh
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – The second planter I added contains 3 basil, 2 oregano, 1 dill (from you) and 2 parsley (from you). Super excited! Thank you! I have watched the movie We Need to Talk About Kevin. Not sure if the movie follows the book, but what a horrible roller coaster of emotions. I watched it when my two oldest were in high school. Heartbreaking. I appreciated how it was from the mother’s POV. Glad to hear about your car working now and WOOT WOOT that you found the True Blueberry tea!
    @trooworld – So glad you liked the card :) I totally get the grumpiness you were feeling. That’s me today. Can’t wait to see pictures of Violet! So exciting!
    @19shmoo69 – Make up and hair are on point!
    I love all the fur-baby photos! Keep ‘em coming!
    Friday night consisted of watching the new movie 65. Totally enjoyed it! It was super fun and action packed.
    I decided to spend some quiet time alone reading on Saturday…I’m an all-or-nothing personality, so I started a book at 3pm and finished it just before 11pm. (That’s why I can’t read very often…because I won’t do anything else.) The Whisper Man by Alex North. Crime thriller with a supernatural element. That’s all I’ll say in case anyone else is interested. I really enjoyed it.
    My middle daughter turned 26 yesterday, so Sunday was all about her. My son and his wife came up for the day and (yay!) Hunter did great being around her brother and sister (whew!). Ate too much yummy food (Moe’s for lunch then Bar Louie for dinner) but a lovely pot of White Grape Tea in the afternoon. Tea was so yummy, no snack was needed.
    After work today I’m picking up pizza and heading over to my mother’s. Hunter will be there, too. We have to hurry up and re-watch the first 3 John Wick movies before we see #4. Figured we’d watch one every night this week…we’ll see how that goes.
    I hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 195.0

Dang TOM visiting, so not surprised. Sorry, guys.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 - Hehehehehehehe! I was hoping for long, luscious locks growing from my head, but I suppose rolling in it could be a distant second.
    And thanks for the congrats! I am happy to be making progress.

@19shmoo69 - Mowing. I sympathize. My husband and I trade back and forth, as neither of us loves it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Hugs for the TOM and number. Next week!
    By the way, if you like action (John Wick), you might like The Recruit if you have Netflix. I see it has been renewed (it's a series), so it was likely "hot" some months ago. I am never up to date, but it is a fun thing if you are in the mood for a thriller.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 teens are good like that! We have dishwasher, mowing, and doggy landmines for chores.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Ive never heard of TOM. I sure like that term! I’m gonna have kick Aunt Rose out. Haha!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Glad you remembered, that's great!

@sleepygirl79 That's a beautiful beast you have there, great photo with the leaves.

@trooworld Thank you, happy Spring! Have fun with Violet, I can't wait to hear how it goes!

@AustinRuadhain That's a long class, no wonder your legs are tired! Great job staying on plan at the party, that's such a challenge.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope the seeds do well! We Need to Talk About Kevin would be a hard one with kids the same age. Yay for White Grape Tea and happy family celebrations!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Monday! I didn't have a ton of energy and stayed in bed late but still managed to do pretty good getting a hall squared away for the military care packages and reached out to get a speaker at the food bank farm. I made pizza for dinner in my cast iron pan, it came out really good and I'll be doing that again. Thank you to whoever recommended the honey mustard air fryer pork chops, I think it was @DrewsAnna but I'm not positive, they were really good! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No Zero Days
    healthy food under calories
    chair cardio, arms and abs, stretching
    great water
    Deciding AGAINST a chakra yoga challenge when I saw it was 45 minutes, normally I try to follow through on everything but I watched the beginning and with another storm coming in I'll just make my pain even worse so I'm proud of myself for not overdoing it!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

@sleepygirl79 I love your beast 🐕❤️

I've been busy lately, trying to do some spring cleaning. I like getting the house nice & fresh again. I was supposed to be getting ready for a family dinner tomorrow but, while I was at Costco I found tomorrow had to be canceled. So, I decided to slow down for a bit. I finished my Costco shopping, came home. Decided to do my grocery shopping for my weekly meal plan tomorrow when I can take my time. Tomorrow for dinner will be instant pot baked ziti. 😋

Since I was able to slow down I did a little exercising. I did some modified jumping jacks, some chair push-ops and some crunches. Lol, my arms are already sore from the push-ups. I reached my step goal and I'm a happy camper. I'm hoping to take my best buddy out for a walk tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening/day!!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ugh late again, so sorry, we’ve been slammed at work….for the record I had a really great weigh in mid week 😂😂😂

⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 170.6
    Current weight - 173.8
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Forgot to say a BIG THANK YOU!!! for the beautiful special card that you sent my way. It really brightened my day when I needed it! Thanks again!!! <3<3<3

I 2nd this!!! Loved mine and received it on St. Pattys Day which made it even better!!!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    I’m on day what….12 now of this freakin head cold 🥴 a week ago a migraine was added and I suffered through it for 40 hours, I’ve had a slight headache ever since but nothing that stops me from doing anything. Tuesday could quite possibly have been a zero day, although EVERYTHING I did that day was to better myself and try to feel better. Hated that I already had to clock out of work an hour early that morning and called in that night, it gave me several days off and I didn’t manage to do much of anything those days aside from spending my first paycheck 😜 and hiking 3 miles on St. Pattys Day!

Work has been so busy but I like when it’s busy. Agreed to an extra shift Friday which means no weekend fun but that will even out my next paycheck after calling in.

After this 12 hour shift I’m going hiking with my hiking friend and then have to be back at 7pm for another 12 hour shift. I’ll have 2.5 days off before 5 in row.

This weekend our plans for the races again were cancelled when cold weather moved back in, it’s been crazy windy ever since, I took my kids and brother out to eat and then to the movies! @vegan4lyfe2012, we also watched 65!!!

Drama between my mom and sister ruined my sisters 30th birthday on Sunday so I’ve spent quite a bit of time staying at my daughters and my son has been with his friends since Thursday night. I miss our early morning chats on the ride home. His car is at the mechanic, I got $1000 assistance for vehicle maintenance and decided to put it towards his car that was broke down rather than the truck I’m using, wouldn’t you know it the truck is messing up now. Ugh…Life!

Also on Sunday I leaped and gave a guy I’ve liked forever my number….I immediately regretted it. I was so nervous and awkward and just felt like it was a huge mistake. I don’t think I will hear from him. I don’t plan on chasing just whoever, there was just something about him, but I’m going to focus on getting back on track with exercise. I still have huge plans of looking my best by my birthday and that is quickly approaching. The days just fly by at rapid pace since I’ve started working. Realizing now all the time I had on my hands before that I never utilized! 🤦🏼‍♀️

My new motivation is making these size small scrub pants fit comfortably, I started in my daughters larges that swallowed me, went to a medium and they were still loose, tried a small and was shocked they fit but they don’t flatter me much at all. That’s my goal! Be in all size small pants by my birthday and look good in them!!! 🤩

I’m glad people are feeling better, sorry for major upsets, happy for new pets and opportunities, and the season that makes everything feel new and wonderful again!!!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss and way to go with your no zeros! That's great you skipped the off-plan foods. Not easy at a party! Violet is wonderful! More below.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I do, I love it, you are so talented! Wow, you are a fast reader. I've read The Whisper Man, I was so-so about it but then again, I'm not into crime thrillers/thrillers so that may have been why. That's good that the birthday celebration went well. Enjoy the movies!

@Katmary71 Thanks! More below on Violet. We have made pizza in our cast iron skillet and I love the way it turns out. Great job with your no zeros, especially knowing your limit!

@DrewsAnna I saw that IP baked ziti recipe, it sounds really good. Let us know how you like it! Great job with the exercising!

@shaunarlr83 Oh gosh, that sounds miserable! Wow, 3 miles on St Patty's day AND still sick? You are fierce! That's too bad about the drama and your truck starting to cr@p out. Why do you think it was a mistake giving that guy your number? Are you not ready?

@Cornanda I'm so sorry about your friend. Hugs.

Hi all. It's been the Pug Olympics here lol. We picked up Violet last night and the dogs warmed up pretty quickly to each other. They started chasing each other around the condo like mad dogs. It's been fun so far. I think Violet is a little over a year old. I will insert a pic. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I was tempted to get a frozen pizza for dinner but did not, we got a salad pack and some chicken breasts from the store instead.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank 75 oz of water, ate healthily 2 meals out of 3.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

hw17xrvg0fsw.jpg
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    🎉Congratulations to those who made the leaderboard this week 🎉

@txcritter69, I love the bread but now that I see how much better I feel I am not craving it. I never would have thought how the cravings would pass. I hope you get your remodeling done, so you can get back to your gym. 🏋🏻 Diesel is adorable.

@DrewsAnna love the selfie. You look great 😊 well done on the workout.

@19shmoo69 great selfie, your makeup is so natural 😜

@Katmary71 Armenian pastries, yum! What were they? I need details hehehe. Oh I need pizza in my cast iron. That should make a crispy crust. 🤤

@sleepygirl79 the beast is a cutie.

@trooworld glad you managed lasagna night. That would have done me in. Perfect comfort food. Violet is a cutie patootie!

@AustinRuadhain well done on skipping the things off plan. You’re doing amazing! I’ll have to check out blankenshipsMA. Lethargic lizard 🦎 was a good mental pic for you all. 😂! I’m getting my steps in so you have all the chance to knock me out of first in your evenings. Hehehe! I may slow down tomorrow though. You all may pass me by 👏🏻

@vegan4lyfe happy belated bday to your daughter.

@shaunarlr83 keep up those hikes. Im cheering for you to reach your bday goal!

@Cornanda I know I am so behind on posts. Group has been busy.

So sorry about your bestie 💐 Its nice that you’ll be able to make the funeral.

• AmbersWay
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ag9vw4sd6zhl.jpeg

Since everyone is sharing their furry friends. This is Queenie (GS) and Princess. 2 of our 3 rescues.

Hope the picture loads. My first try 😬
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda - Lisa, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Hugs 🫂.
    -Mica
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Ok got the picture up. Somehow I shared a screenshot of an Amazon order too 😂 so happy there’s an edit option.

Well, my husband woke up sick yesterday. I scrambled to get the troops ready, the frontlines organized and quarantine ready. We do not want to share the 🦠.

It was great for getting 12k steps in. Thankfully he’s better today.

Today I bought some knee disc cushions for exercising, some foam blocks and a new Adidas top as a reward for sticking with it. My new Nike arrived and they are so cushy. That will great for my walks. I’m prepping for summer break. Wohoo!

I woke up with a bit more of a loss today, hope it sticks.

I’m off to do my cycling and strength training. I feel odd saying this but I’m kinda happy to do it.

Ok this phone tried to put donut instead of do it. Hmmm! Subconscious???

Have a great day!

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

@micaroo4 Thank you!

@DrewsAnna Love the picture, you look awesome! Sorry your dinner was cancelled, but great job on get in some exercises.

@JenAWhite I wish I had your strength to resist the temptation. If it is front of me it has no chance 😂

@19shmoo69 👍Looking good👌

@Katmary71 Thank you! Cold front passed so will be trying to put all my plants back outside later today when the sun peaks out.

@AmbersWay Great job on the WI! Your crybabies are Adorable

@sleepygirl79 your beast is SO CUTE. CONGRATULATIONS for being on the leaderboard!

@trooworld I am so happy that Daisy and Violet hit it off. She is a CUTIE

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss!
    Everyone needs to take a break sometimes. I took it easy on Sunday to, which I am glad I did. Had no idea that yesterday was going to be the day I ripped out the flooring in bathroom (last minute decision). Glad I did it. Only 2 more areas to go😪

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am the same way with books that pull me in. Nothing is getting done. 🎊Happy Birthday 🎊 to your daughter! Enjoy the John Wick re-watch.

@shaunair83 Sorry you are still suffering from cold. What a great day St.Pattys Day.

@Cornanda I am so sorry to see your friend passed. Spend as much time as you can with your mom. Time lost can never be found.

Well, me sleep routine is not going as planed. I have been trying to get more 7 to 8 hrs. BUT When I wake up I am tired. Don't feel like do anything. Sunday night I about 5 1/2 hrs and was like let's do this (ripped out flooring) where did I muster up the energy, to knock it out. Today I am soar but i feel good about myself. Last night I only managed 6 hrs of sleep.
    Today's plan is to move all my plants back outside now that the cold front has moved out. Just waiting for temp to warm up to around 60 so I can get outdoors. It is drizzling right now so will wait a bit.
    Have a good day everyone!

☕Today is
    like COFFEE
    It will be
    As Good As
    YOU MAKE IT☕

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Keep your hopes up! Way to go on giving the guy your number. That takes guts. Wish I could have done that when I was younger.

Loving the doggy pics!

Thanks to everyone on the congrats.
    Today I’m in a bigger city (2.5hr drive) for a doc appointment. I plan to make it worth it with some shopping. Will try my best not to go too gluttony at lunch. Kinda craving a Starbucks, but those are loaded with calories. Proud for navigating the streets of the big city…so far. Siri is great at navigating.
This discussion has been closed.