Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I hope you can make a go of the lettuce seeds! The parsley and dill you sent me are growing beautifully!

@trooworld – I can donate blood like it’s nobody’s business. But when I tried to donate plasma, I passed out and convulsed for 5 minutes before they could wake me up. Pretty scary. And it’s sad because I’m AB+, which is one of the rare types that they want.

Well, peeps, it’s been a rollercoaster of never ending things to do for other people. My therapist isn’t going to be happy with me when I see him Friday. Yesterday I had to get up at 1am to drive 45 minutes to Daughter #1 to drive her 2 hours to O’Hare. There for 30 minutes just to walk her inside to departures and then head back home. Her ex is taking care of their dog, but she didn’t trust him with her spider-baby. So here’s a picture of Wednesday. I’m pet-sitting her. She’s a small jumping spider. For context, that blue spiral is a fuzzy pipe cleaner.
    0na72j6t1ile.jpg

In the meantime, I’m getting everything ready for Daughter #2’s baby shower on Saturday. And in the middle of work and appts, I need to get busy making Easter cards, too! Whew! I did take time to go watch John Wick 4 on Saturday with my son (he was in town for the evening) and then again yesterday evening with Daughter #2 and mother. Hunter even surprised me with a Funko Pop of John Wick and his dog. Love it! I chuckle every time I glance at it on my desk.

Weight keeps acting stupid, so I guess I need to whip it. Let’s do this!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just caught up on all the posts. I’m so thankful to be here you guys really help keep me going. I have had a good couple of days off. Got some work done around here and took a little road trip with the hubby. Spring is in the air lately and I sure hope it is here to stay as I’m tired of winter. I want my flowers back. Lol. I have been staying on goal targets and have had no zero days so right now I feel awesome. Just wish the weight would come off faster. I have now lost 20 lbs but it is taking along time. IMO well I’m off to take the pup for a walk so have a great night guys!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 137.0
    CW: 137.0

Lol, I had a good laugh today in the Market when a lady walked by and looked at the 6 Pineapples in my cart and said that's a lot of Pina Coladas! I eat 400 grams of Pineapple a day along with 300 grams of strawberries and an orange. I cut that up into two bowls, I eat one for a snack and one as part of my dessert every night. I never get tired of pineapple. The market did not have any strawberries today so I will mix it up with Mango or Watermelon.
    I honestly expected to gain weight last week, I did not move as much I spent a lot of time working on a project that I just finished yesterday. I just switched out our auto insurance, I think we got approved today, that will save us $1600 a year. It was worth the hassle to change. We went with AAA, we had Allstate, I tried for Costco, but they don't want to insure cars that are over 20 years old. Our oldest car is 1999 and our youngest is 2019. My husband refused to even consider Geiko or Liberty Mutual, because he hates their tv commercials. Tomorrow I will cancel Allstate.

When I'm stressed, I still get the urge to eat to feel better, mostly when I'm in lots of pain. But it does not really matter what I'm eating, I tend to reach for crunchy foods and radishes work really well and I can eat a lot of them.

Hugs everyone.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat You gave a me a good giggle. I’m very much like your husband and will purposely avoid companies that annoy me with commercials. 😂 my kids hear me telling the screen, for that I will never buy you!!!

I admire your fruit eating. I wish the local produce was nicer here. It slows down my fruit/veg eating. Pina Colada would be nice too. 😂

@vegan4lyfe2012 a 🕷️ and a jumpy one. I’m a baby when it comes to spiders. I don’t kill them but I do relocate while doing a dance. 😂

Enjoy the baby shower, how fun it must be to have grans on the way.

@tammymccrady6278 this group is so great. It keeps me going. Even when I’m quiet, I’m reading and getting inspiration.

@soniascarlett5173 welcome 🌷

@trooworld something is up with devices. Everyone is having issues with something. Good job on your meals and water. Sorry you didn’t get to donate. The strays here are not so friendly, so we just give them snacks. In Istanbul they’re cuddle bugs. We go to the designated cat park too just to play. Here it’s my dogs world. 😉. Ok the plasma seems harsh. I remember my mom donating and she was so woozy afterwards.

@Katmary71 I hope you’re having a great weekend.

@JenAWhite aww a wedding to look forward to. You must be so excited.

Well the day was a busy one here. We ended it with taking Princess for a walk. First thing she does is pee on the Ministers (Government) landscaping. My daughter had her leash and I was like run 🏃🏻‍♀️. 😂 She had fun though, it was funny because for a bit she was walking my daughter.

It was a fun food day. Steaks, fries and S. African puff pastries (steak and mushroom) I fit it in my calories and was stuffed.

No Zeros

30 min cycling and 14k steps 🎉
    Surviving my long day (it counts right)
    Another new one. Taking my medication that makes me woozy and blah. It makes (praying) for a better future but I sure don’t love its side effects. I smile at it and say, do your job please. I don’t want any surgeons in my noggin. Thankfully it’s 2x a week. Seriously a pill thats smaller than a tic tac and I take have can take down an elephant (I’m not an elephant 😂 remembering I lost inches this month)

That’s all here folks 🤪

🎉CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has had a loss 🎈

Well done to all of us hanging in there 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

(Anyone else feel that I write like a robot, there’s no flow to my post? Nighttime posting should be avoided 🤷🏻‍♀️😂)

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovely Slims, playing catch-up once again how does the time go so fast?!

@trooworld I think that Vannie and Violet would have fun chasing each other and might be able to wear each other out🤣. Good for you for getting back on track! Sometimes that is the biggest challenge itself. Lol and now I just read that you didn’t eat anything that you pre-tracked, boy has that happened to me before! Good for you for going back and setting the record straight! And then I sort of skipped ahead in one of your posts and didn’t read your complete sentence, what I read was “I was drunk in the morning before I went to donate blood.”🤣🤣🤣. The second time I read it it made much more sense lol! Glad it was just water that you drank lol.

@sleepygirl79 I love that advice about giving exercise 15 minutes! When I used to work out at home, the hardest part for me was getting into my workout gear to go downstairs to the basement. I started just going to the basement in my pyjamas and getting started on the work out, it worked like a charm.🤣.

@katmary I was sorry to hear about your sad family news, hope you are doing well. My word you stay buddy with the farm, and all your charity work! The world is a much better place for having you in it.♥️. I am so sorry that you are struggling with sleep, I definitely feel your pain. I hope you have a wonderful time with Bill!

@askewcr I sympathize with you, I feel the same that I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds over the last few months I need to lose them +8. You’ve got this!

@Ambersway yay good for you for being right on target for that 20 pound loss!! Congratulations on not bringing any stray kitties home🤣. Those South African pastries sound delicious!

@ vegan4lyfe2012 you are one true mama taking care of that baby spider!

@Fushiakat I am with you, pineapples are one of my favourite foods! Unfortunately, it is very very difficult to get good pineapple here, so my next go to is grapes :-). It sounds like you have this eating thing nailed down really well, congratulations on all your hard work!

Well… I think I’m finally caught up. It has been a pretty good week. The weather is starting to warm up here, so as of yesterday, officially no more spikes on my boots! I can’t tell you what a feeling, a freedom that is! I prematurely took the spikes off last week and fell twice on the stupid ice.😖. I am getting lots of stretching in this week so feel like I am getting back on track physically. But I can say that I am consistently getting at least five hours of sleep five days a week, so I’m pretty darn happy with that! Vannie is doing good, she’s full of vim and vinegar, and just keeps life happy around here with her very happy attitude. I have started a new agility class with her on Friday nights, it doesn’t start until 6:45 PM and I am dead by that time. lol. The next set after that one will be much earlier, boy, I’m getting old🤣.
    On Sunday, I had the whole family over for my oldest son’s birthday dinner, I really do enjoy family time! It is spring break here, so my grandkids have been over for the last two days, they went home this afternoon. I absolutely love having them here but I am really pooped LOL. I am hoping to just stay the same for my weigh in tomorrow. Next week I am hoping to get back into the groove of things again!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back, but lots of stuff to catch up on at home, so will have to post later..... It was a good trip. Lots of quality time with my parents. My Mom is worse cognitively, but not as bad as I worried about. Dad is taking great care of her and adjusting well to her changing needs.

Gus was a huge brat while I was gone. @trooworld - let's discuss puppy energy!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh my gosh, that is scary! I can't donate plasma either, I did it for a while but was so sick afterward, it wasn't worth it. It just makes me miserable. Donating blood doesn't do the same thing to me, thankfully. Wow, 1am? That's incredibly early! I couldn't watch spider-baby, I am phobic of spiders. But that one looks well-loved! I'm glad you got some family time in.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm tired of winter too, although our winters aren't brutal like some places. I just want sunshine and warmth! Congrats on being 20 lbs down!

@FushiaKat All that fruit sounds yummy. That's good you saved some money.

@AmbersWay I'm glad to know it's not just me. It hasn't synced properly in a week, I need to contact support when I get a chance. Thanks. That's too bad the strays aren't friendly but I don't blame them for being that way. Cat park??? Oh my! I want to see a pic, if you can, the next time you go! Yeah the plasma is rough, it just makes you feel so weak and woozy. I won't do it again. LOL Princess! Bad girl! LOL That does sound like a good day. Surviving your long day absolutely counts! Wow about that new medication. Good job with your steps!

@laurelfit57 LOL Violet needs to be worn out! It's such a long way out of the hole of being off-track. I'm trying! LOL about the misreading! Yay for better weather! It's getting nice here, too. 6:45pm, that would be late for me too. I'm glad you got some family time in.

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a good trip. That's great that your dad is able to take care of your mom well. Gus! Bad doggy! LOL Yeah puppy energy is no joke!

Hi all. I did really well yesterday. Tonight, we are having one of my favorite salads, a Greek salad with added chicken breast: https://www.food.com/recipe/the-ultimate-greek-salad-90975

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Pretracked all meals, stuck with meal plan, drank 75 oz liquids, got pretty good sleep.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Congrats again on your 20 lbs down!

7mbqct4ww2z1.png
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    4gt3cwfmyy2n.jpeg

Previously we were discussing skin care and I had said I would take a pic of what I found to work well for my skin.

This has made an amazing difference in how my skin feels and looks. That night cream (if I had to pick one) is great.

I say this with all the love to share my great find.

Note: I previously used Dior prestige line and La Mer products. This is better priced and does a great job.

Also some other loves

The 1nkey List:

Caffeine eye cream ❤️
    Salicylic acid cleanser ❤️
    Omega water cream 👍🏻
    Ive like the line and its very affordable from Sephora

Also tried niacinamide serum, bha, symbright moisturizer and some hair products. All nice.

Wishful Honey Balm is also nice but clarins knocked it out.

Lips: by Terry baume de rose (no color) is a miracle worker for soft smooth lips

Water Shock purifying toner (must have) by Swiss Line. Really cleans and smooths.

Just started The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Solution 2%. Tactcha kissu lip mask also. Will come back on that.

Now if anyone has a great, non oily not sticky body moisturizer, please share. 🌷

• laurelfit57
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148.5
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Hey folks - the amazing Downsizers are not only our winningest team, they are recruiting and have more members than all the rest! Yikes! Let's give them a run for their money and grab some new members across the board :smiley:

Please share this link freely! If you're on a message board or forum or on your own feed, tell folks that there is room for a few lucky new people to join up. Tell them about your team and how it helps you. They have until Sunday to hop in for April - no April Fools, it's for real!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887282/registration-for-new-members-april-2023#latest
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Welcome back @Jactop

• laurelfit57
    Options
    @Cornanda so glad you had a good trip, really glad that your dad is adjusting. That is tough! My daughter and son-in-law had a basset hound named Augustus, and we all called him, Gus. They lost him recently, but my daughters explanation of him was perfect. “He was unapologetically Gus, his whole life”.😆. I wonder if your little Gus will follow in his footsteps LOL

@trooworld I am with you, definitely struggling to get back on track! Sounds like you had a really good day with food, liquids and sleep! Yay for you!

@Jactop welcome back!

I had a quieter day today, stayed pretty much on track until tonight when I had a couple of taco shells with melted cheese. I was just craving something crunchy! I have ordered some mindless needlework to keep my hands busy in the evening, can’t wait till it gets in! I did a new agility class with Vannie this afternoon, I truly function so much better at 12:30 in the afternoon lol. Hope everybody had a great day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    Vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad to hear the seeds are growing well! Once the rain stops I'll get going on the seeds, I think I said in my last post that I'd just learned it IS possible to grow lettuce here at least in the shade. Good luck with the shower, how exciting!

@tammymccrady6278 I'm with you, can't wait for spring to get going! I'm glad you're doing so well, I hope the scale starts reflecting it as well but sounds like you're in the groove. Hope you had a great walk!

@FushiaKat It sounds like you're doing great, I'm glad you found a better insurance deal and have been able to turn to healthier foods when you don't feel well, that's some great adapting right there! My hardest struggle is when I'm in a lot of pain too.

@AmbersWay Sounds like a delicious food day! What kind of brain surgery are you referring to, I think I missed this? I hope you adjust to the medication and the side effects don't stay long-term. I need to come back and save your skin care tips!

@laurelfit57 I'm so glad you're sleeping better, that's awesome! I'm glad Vannie is still being her energetic self keeping you busy and smiling.

@Cornanda I'm glad you were able to spend time with your folks, I'm sure it was a relief to see your Dad is taking good care of her.

@trooworld Yum that salad looks awesome, adding a chicken breast would be the perfect meal.

@Jactop Woot woot you're back in da Slimpossible House, woohoo! I missed you!

Hi team! Bill's still here but I miss you all and wanted to drop in and say hi. Greta Van Fleet was great live, I recommend it to those of you that may like them. I worked out yesterday morning but not today, I'm planning on it and getting back to eating healthy once Bill leaves tomorrow morning. I've eaten semi-healthy aside of popcorn and alcohol, I rarely drink so have no problem shaking that tomorrow and can't wait to get back to working out. April here we come!

No Zero Days
    still had great water and fruit/veggies
    worked out yesterday but not today (super tired from staying up after 10 PM!)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I just skimmed really fast through everyone's posts. 4 pages is a lot to catch up on. I have been sick with a combination of sinus & bronchial problems. Ears & throat, it hasn't been fun. My hubby had to have surgery on his hand. So, we have been quite the couple. Thankfully, we both are recovering.

The last couple of days I have been eating like crazy, it's like I've been making up for lost time. That mixed with very little movement, I think tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be pretty. With that being said, I am looking forward to getting back on track starting tomorrow. I'm going to do the weekly meal plan that I had already done because I like most of those recipes. Lol, I'm certainly ready for some banana pancakes 😅
  • trooworld
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @AmbersWay Thanks for the recommendation! I currently use La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer in morning and at night, Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C serum in the morning, Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen Tinted Face Mineral Lotion SPF 50 in the morning, and at night: Eau Thermale Avene RetrinAL EYES, Eau Thermale Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream. I wash my face twice a day with L'Oreal Paris Skincare Revitalift Derm Intensives Gel Cleanser. I am inconsistent with these products but I didn't pay a ton for them so I don't feel too bad. I do like them all. I'll have to check out that lip stuff. My lips have been constantly dry lately. Body moisturizer, no good ones from me, the ones I use tend to be kind of oily lol.

@laurelfit57 Good weigh in! Thank you, it's hard to get back on track after struggling. That's a good idea to do needlework in the evening. Have a great day!

@Jactop Yay!!! Welcome back!!!

@Katmary71 It was really good! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. Great job with the workout, water, and fruits/veggies!

@DrewsAnna Oh gosh, I am glad you both are recovering now. Banana pancakes sound amazing!

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! I'm enjoying this time of year as well, except for allergies.

Hi all. Well, last night's salad was delicious but my body is letting me know it's been a while since I had a salad lol. I did okay after breakfast yesterday: I waited too late to eat my breakfast due to work stuff and then I was starving and gave in to cravings. :( Lunch and dinner were as planned.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Pretracked all meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @trooworld you have great skin care options. I forgot my Avene moisturizer. It’s light weight which I love, nice for under makeup. I ran out though. Definitely try the by terry. It’s amazing! It’s one of those things that if I had to choose one thing, it would be that. It’s in a pot and no color. I didn’t like the lip gloss with the wand.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. I have been having a terrible time of emotional eating lately. I've been trying to get out of it by watching my usual get-back-on-track documentaries and tv shows, but all it's done is made me feel like even more of a loser. And not the good kind of loser. I'm switching up the Healthi plan I'm using...trying out Carb Conscious. Committing to at least 30 days since they say that's how much time to give one plan before trying out a different one (they have 6 to choose from). So glad I see my therapist tomorrow morning. I always feel better after a visit with him.
    I need a delicious chikn and rice soup recipe. Yes, I'm still vegan, but I can easily substitute out animal products, so if you have a traditional one you really like, please share!
This discussion has been closed.