TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

My new baby Blue Heeler doesn't let me sleep past 6. So no more weekend sleep ins. But its a quarter to 8 and she is sound asleep. 😴
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,617 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weigh in

PW: 181.2
    CW: 179.8

@brandi_84 Still rockin' it!! You go girlfriend!!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    I was looking to join for September. I was a "Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge member about a year ago. Is this group no longer up and running? Will September enrollments be open in a week or so?

@leni1us sadly the challenge no longer exists. We are just a group of die hards who were in the challenge and didn't want to lose contact with each other. We try to boost each other up. You are welcome to hang with us for moral support but the Biggest Loser challenge is no more. 😞

That is very sad to hear. Thanks for the update.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    Aug week 3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 213.0
    CW: 216.0

Welp... the hospital visits and on the run food definitely didnt like me. And probably some stress as it has been a rough 2 weeks since the lil one has been seriously on the way. Tuesday will be 2 weeks and lets hope for really good news at doc for everyone to relax a bit and get back on track. Pretty sure we are headed in that direction! Stress eater over here and hate it but own it.

Setting up some meal prep foods for this week to try to reset myself. Why cant I be a non eater during stress... that only happens when I get super mad. 🤪
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hey, there, TBBT. This thread has gone kind of quiet, so I am going to re-energize it. I dropped off the face of the myfitnesspal earth in early July. I couldn't go for my walks because of my knee and my son was coming home mid month, so I bailed. Both just convenient excuses, I know. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself because of my knee and just adapt. You read through any support thread on MFP, and you are guaranteed to find someone who has a lot more to deal with than yourself! I need to try this again. My motto of "fake it 'til you make it" starts tomorrow. I will post my starting weight tomorrow (Wednesday), which is my weigh-in day. Let's do this!!

Lisa
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi Lisa! It's so good to see you back!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In (Starting weight for September): 207.6

I logged my food yesterday and stayed within my calorie budget. This morning I woke up really hungry. This is going to be something that I have to get used to again, as I haven't been "hungry" for almost two months!!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: August 23, 2023
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 229.2
    Today's Weight: 230.6

I’m actually down 1.2 from Monday. Finally made myself walk in place several times yesterday while watching TV.
    k1nrva03cjap.jpeg
    3zynkod4d51g.png

@Tomsgal1985 what are these pictures from?

Apple Watch stats 😊
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: August 30, 2023
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 230.6
    Today's Weight: 231.8
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Weigh in

PW: 181.2
    CW: 179.8

Great job, Brandi! 👏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    I just got back on the tracking bandwagon this morning. Hurricane Idalia did not affect us much & I’m very thankful. I also have blood work tomorrow morning & will surely have an interesting appointment with my endocrinologist Wednesday 😩😭
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hey, there, TBBT. This thread has gone kind of quiet, so I am going to re-energize it. I dropped off the face of the myfitnesspal earth in early July. I couldn't go for my walks because of my knee and my son was coming home mid month, so I bailed. Both just convenient excuses, I know. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself because of my knee and just adapt. You read through any support thread on MFP, and you are guaranteed to find someone who has a lot more to deal with than yourself! I need to try this again. My motto of "fake it 'til you make it" starts tomorrow. I will post my starting weight tomorrow (Wednesday), which is my weigh-in day. Let's do this!!

Lisa

Hi, Lisa! Great to have you back!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,617 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Hi Lisa, good to see you! I've been shirking my duties and haven't been posting. I went on vacation the first week of the month and then was sick and just never got back in the swing of things. It's amazing how quickly you can lose a habit. 😕.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy September, everyone! I just love this time of year!

Myfitnesspal, in general, seems to be very quiet, not just in this thread. I am hoping that after Labour Day weekend, we all feel a sense of renewal and commitment and the chatter starts up again.

I have logged my food for four of the last five days, and the scale says I am three pounds lighter because of it! I have been at work three times this week (for about 3 hours each time) and that has helped give me some more step calories without overdoing it. Going for intentional walks causes too much throbbing in the leg and knee. I do need to find some exercises that I can do; maybe more strength and stretching based for now. Maybe I could start doing some mini walks to build up endurance? I really don't know; I am just guessing at this point. My MRI isn't until early December. Today I take my 88 year old father to renew his driver's license. I fear it will not go well. He hardly drives at all anymore, but he drives fine when he does. He only goes places that he knows and they are usually close to home. Today's tests don't involve actual driving. It is the cognitive test I fear he will not pass.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    It went fine at the seniors' centre yesterday where my dad had to take some tests to be able to renew his driver's licence. It was way more Mickey Mouse than I thought it was going to be. The most difficult part was finding the building. Dad drives on memory and landmarks, not addresses! My husband had spaghetti for dinner last night and after the sauce was gone, there was still noodles. Normally I would have put some parm on those bad boys and gone to town, but I didn't! Eating a plate of pasta like that would have caused me to want to eat other carby foods, and plenty of them!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    It went fine at the seniors' centre yesterday where my dad had to take some tests to be able to renew his driver's licence. It was way more Mickey Mouse than I thought it was going to be. The most difficult part was finding the building. Dad drives on memory and landmarks, not addresses! My husband had spaghetti for dinner last night and after the sauce was gone, there was still noodles. Normally I would have put some parm on those bad boys and gone to town, but I didn't! Eating a plate of pasta like that would have caused me to want to eat other carby foods, and plenty of them!

That's fantastic there wasn't issue with your dad getting his license renewed.
    I understand what your saying about the carbs. Good for you for staying away from the pasta. Carbs were such a trigger food for me, since going low carb it's become a lot easier to control the amount that I eat.

I have been a lot more quiet here because I only get a few minutes a day were a Velociraptor is not after my feet.
  • brandi_84
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My Velociraptor Ellie and the Angel Goldendoodle Joel
    e5pmri4bm3v5.jpg
    amet7nbpacwc.jpg

qmohe7xq6ezt.jpg
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @brandi_84 What an adorable pair! Yes, the little one looks like she has a lot of mischief and spunk in her eyes!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    September 2 2023
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 227.3
    CW 229.4
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    Aug week 4
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 216.0
    CW: 218.0

not sure what my body is doing right about now. I was up to this number, dropped back a lb, up 2.4 and back down 2 and that was WTFS this week. Thankful not too put too much on this number. I know my hormones are wacked and I need to figure it out. Funny though that my measurements I take 1st of month match last September when I was a full 10lb lighter... and clothes aren't getting tighter. Oh well - thinking of changing my username to mystery :p Can't wait for Monday - serious meal prep to start and even prepping snacks and desserts so hoping to see a change with that mindset.