HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Christmas is hard with such yummy food i am houng to try to eat as sensibly asci can but i will gain but life has recently taught me its too short not to enjoy it so i aim too and the begin anew in the new year. You can do it too.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see you here, Ann. You have been through a lot and still going through more. Probably the last thing you should worry about right now is dieting. I will say prayers for your hubby and you.

My weight is up 10 pounds since my june 13 surgery. This is getting out of hand. Why is it so easy to put it on and so hard to take it off? If I don’t get serious about this pretty soon I will reach the point of no return.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Went to visit my sister today so
    No exercise but I did a good job with eating. Tomorrow I am going to track calories and exercise and do everything right.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Well done Cat, I got a walk in today and aim to do some strength training even if it's just 10 mins.
    Have a good day everyone
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Today was a good day. Exercised and stayed on track with calories. Caught up on laundry. Cut out a pinafore apron to make for my sisters birthday. Ordered two Christmas presents, so finally started on Christmas. Made soup and salad for lunch. Now in my chair knitting on a baby gift. I finally feel like I had a decent day without messing up.

We had an inch of snow this morning and I also swept the front porch. Thank goodness it didnt stick to the driveway. We usually dont get snow this early in Virginia except for a few mountain flurries.
    I hate winter.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Yay, Cat! On track and getting things accomplished! Yay, Ann! Every bit of exercise counts!
    Boo, Randi! Exercise was fine, but eating and tracking were not.
    We had flurries this morning, the first flakes we have seen thus far. I don't hate winter.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Another day of tracking. Exercise was just half an hour on the elliptical, but better than nothing. I feel successful with food and mostly successful with exercise today.

Took grandson number 4 shopping for his Christmas present today. He wanted basketball sneakers and I didnt dare buy them without him trying them on. So I now have gifts for 3 out of 8 grands. Progress!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Good for you, Cat! Yesterday was another food bust for me. I'll try again today.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Super organised Cat
    Fantastic your on track Randi
    Having my new windows put in tomorrow not the best day but desperately needed new ones. Food wise, i am trying to be careful and stayed under today hooray.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Kept everything under control today. Only 30 minutes exercise, butbetter than nothing. Bought a couple more Christmas presents for two more grands. Wrapped what little bit I have and stuck it under the tree so it wouldn’t look so naked. Spent 5 hours assembling an inversion table I got the hub for Christmas to see if it will help his cranky back. Knitting more on the baby gift. Not a bad day!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    A good day food-wise, finally!
    I wrapped my sisters’ gifts and sent them out yesterday. Shopping is in good shape though not yet finished. We hauled the Christmas trees upstairs yesterday, so decorating is coming along.
    We had new windows put in a few years ago. It was necessary and it likely helped with heating costs.
    Let’s have a good day tomorrow.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Babay sat the 4 year old and 6 month old grands today. No formal exercise unless you count chasing a fast crawling baby or rocking in a rocking chair. Ate bad stuff all day. No excuses, many regrets. Try again tomorrow.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Spent yesterday dealing with the after effects of having the RSV vaccine on Friday...fatigue and joint pain. I did no exercise at all. Eating was okay. I slept decently last night and feel normal this morning. Good luck today.
  • annliz23
    Options
    I was careful yesterday had a fish chip box as we ate having new windows put in but only a small one.
    Trying to stay on track.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Randi,
    You are the first person i kniw to get that vaccine. Glad to hear side effects were short lived. I go back and forth on whether or not to get it. I usually wait until a new vaccine has been out for a year or two before taking the plunge, but now I am keeping small children and kids in public schools and I know I am going to be exposed….
    Decided to be faithful with the weigh in tomorrow, even though I have been mostly bad for two weeks. Stay tuned for the sad report. 😂
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Today was a good day. I'm modifying my diet in preparation for a screening colonoscopy on Wednesday. Tuesday, I'll be on a clear liquid diet. I will NOT be happy. :/ I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, but I will weigh in.
    I usually wait for vaccines to "ripen", but I'm 65 with mild asthma, and there's no specific treatment for RSV, so I went ahead and did it this time.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Babysat after church and my little darlin’s wanted McDonalds. Only good thing that came out of it was that I resisted the urge to go with a peppermint milkshake.
    Tomorrow is going to be scary, but I am committed to the weigh in.
  • rstanford3
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Down 1.1.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    158.0. Havent weighed in several weeks and last one was 155.6. I have to
    Draw the line right here and stop all foolish eating while being more intentional about exercise.
    Got in 30 minutes on the elliptical. Lots of sewing today to work on projects I need by next Wednesday.
    28 degrees so no walk outside today. Went ahead and put my bike in the basement storage room. From now until Spring it will be the stationary bike. I may bundle up and walk outdoors, but we have icy snow this morning, so not today.
    Randi, got you in my prayers for the Wednesday colonoscopy
  • rstanford3
    Options
    My previous weight was 161. That was a killer because I never wanted to see the 160s again. We can do this. We've done it before.
    Dr.'s office called today to ask if I could come for the colonoscopy at 9:15 instead of 12:45 on Wednesday. YES! I had no fruits, veggies, or fiber rich food today. I'm not used to eating this way!