HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have serious garden and dog envy!!

Down almost a pound. FINALLY!!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Down 1/2a pound I really need to push myself this week as I just dont feel like doing anything at the moment.
    Have a good day everyone
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Annliz, I share your feeling of not wanting to do anything. Most days, I feel like a slug. I have to force myself to get out of my chair and and do stuff. Either I am a no good lazy bum or my new blood pressure medicine has a fatigue side effect.

Anybody have any great tips for shifting out of slug mode?
  • annliz23
    Options
    Put some up beat music on and have a gig.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Things are just getting worse now not only is my daughter getting a divorce she has just been made redundant too.

I am going to crank up the music and paint my nails then tomorrow colour my hair.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Cat, we know you are NOT a no good lazy bum, so there must be another reason. The new med should definitely be considered as a possible culprit.
    Ann, I am sorry to hear of your daughter's challenges. Continue to take good care of yourself!
  • annliz23
    Options
    on track I had a good sleep and got 2 walks in only downside son ordered us a pizza 🍕 yummy but oh those calories.
    Have a good day folks, get hit some targets I can't wait to see what you have done.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Going to be a beautiful sunny day in the Virginia mountains today. On days like this, I wish I could get out and walk. I am looking forward to my knee replacement more every day. If I wasn’t waiting for my daughter-in-law to be on maternity leave and not need a babysitter, I would go do it now.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    My 84 year-old MIL had her knee replacement surgery on Monday. She is home and doing well. While you are waiting for surgery, get your quads as strong as you can!
  • annliz23
    Options
    A chilly day in the UK played with my grandson before he goes back to his mums fir a few days but no rest as my daughter and Granddaughter come for a few days do busy busy busy at least I don't get bored as there is no time lol
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, the physical therapist gives me lots of quad work. Also calves, hamstrings, and core. It’s hard work, but I am grateful for time to get fit for recovery.
    The nutritional approach to recovery
    Is so healthy. If I stick to the diet they gave me, I will loose weight as a bonus.

Tomorrow I babysit. It will be rainy and icky, so no outdoor exercise. Fridays are always hard for me.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I am exhausted from yard work, housework, etc. It will be a very early night for me.
    Have a great weekend.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I cooked a turkey breast this morning. This will be the protein on salads for the next few days. Sometimes I use hardboiled eggs. What is your favorite way to add protein to a salad?

Got my exercise in today and stuck to my calorie limits. How everyone had a successful day. We all know that weekends can be difficult. I confess I spent too much time in my chair with a most excellent historical fiction novel. I got started and couldn’t put it down. But I did manage to run up three flannel sheets for an hourglass shaped mattress to a Halo bassinet, so I got to scratch something off my list.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Feeling tired not used to having people kids round all the time it's exhausting but hey ho it's what it is at least I don't have time to be bored.
    Trying to get some exercises I but the weather is rainy so mainly core and weights.
    Have a good day
  • rstanford3
    Options
    No change. :/
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Stayed the same. So did Randi.
    Lets push a little harder this week.
    Half a pound or bust week!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    98cwwwzmc53p.jpg
    Found this book at a library sale. Have any of you read it? I am getting ready to read this and hope it will encourage me to put in a bit more effort this week.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Lost 3 lbs this week, fingers crossed it stays off.
    Good luck all.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Let's make today a good one!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Congrats to you, Ann! I hope that you are adjusting to your living situation and finding time for yourself.
    Cat, I haven't read that book. Please let us know what you think of it. I'd be happy to read it if you recommend it.
    To echo Ann, let's make today a good one!