HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Randi - yay another card maker. We had a challenge card called twisted ribbon technique. This was my card I made for it: mcltnoc448es.jpeg

It was an okay day....did my 30 min spin before class. Went out for Thai food and had green curry shrimp and vegetables....I am sure I was over my sodium load for the week and the scales will show it tomorrow. Also had a shredded green papaya salad that was delicious.

• bisky
    Options
    ugh...picture came out way tooooo big.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    No change in weight. :/
    Good luck Ann, Bisky, and Cat!
    Bisky, I love the card!
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bisky, that card is lovely!
    Weight stayed thr same. At least no gain. Next week I set the goal for seeing a loss. Any loss. I would rejoice over half a pound….
  • bisky
    Options
    Up 1 lb. Boo....bike ride done. Watching the sodium for next week is my goal.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Okay, here's hoping that Ann had a better weigh-in than the rest of us.
    I'm all in for Cat's April 17th challenge, and I've added a challenge for this week as well. ;)
  • rstanford3
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Randi in April of 2022
    I was 11 pounds lighter than I had been in April of the previous year. This was accomplished largely through practicing mindful eating. My eating was pretty good, included plenty of fruits and veggies, but snacks and cookies were too common in my diet. I had been walking regularly, aiming for 10,000 steps per day and had a resting heart rate in the low 60s. I had been strength training for 10 months and doing some yoga. My gall bladder was starting to act up. I was diagnosed with gall stones but was resisting the idea of having surgery.
    Randi in April of 2023
    I am 33 pounds lighter than I was last year at this time. I'm still eating mindfully and have my calories under better control. I still get my fruits and veggies in, but have also focused on protein intake. I walk/jog/run, aiming for 20,000 steps per day and have a resting heart rate in the high 50s. I have been strength training for 22 months, and I am noticeably stronger. I practice yoga daily and see gains in flexibility. ( I had my gall bladder out in July of 2022. The worst thing about the surgery was waiting to be cleared to get back to my regular exercise routine. :D)
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Thanks for sharing last year's version of you. It is discouraging to stay the same weight or to gain weight, but we can't beat ourselves up. Look how far we have come! Even though we're a year older, we are in better shape than we were last year. Woohoo for us!!!
  • bisky
    Options
    Best smoothie today: baby spinach, small apple, pineapple, mango, lemon slice, ginger chunk, toasted coconut/almond milk (0 sugar) and Vega vanilla protein powder.

My Peleton Pup was waiting for me this a.m. ride.

obpq4p5r5m1v.jpeg
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Your smoothie sounds delicious. I am not nearly as creative when I make smoothies.
    Your Peloton pup is adorable! Ann also has adorable dogs. Happy National Dog Parent Appreciation Day!!!
    Cat and I both have cats. We both use pictures of our cats in our profile pictures. :D Happy National Cat Lady Day!!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day. <3
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I have had dogs my whole life. Last year, we lost our two labradoodles, five months apart. They were 15 years old. My husband wants to get another dog, but I think we are too old and not physically able to meet the demands of keeping a dog healthy. He will probably go out and get one anyway someday and then neither one of us will be able to do the daily multiple walks 😕. I am 70 in two months and in need of two new knees. I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure, and am pre-diabetic. He is 71, a cancer survivor, and in need of two knees and two hips. A dog deserves better.
  • bisky
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thank you Randi and Cat...he looks so innocent but he is a little stinker.

Randi - I have a vitamix that makes great smoothies. I use frozen fruit, frozen ginger cubes (from Trader Joes). handful of pre washed baby spinach, slice of lemon and coconut/almond milk (0 sugar)y plus a very small apple with core & seeds cut out.

Cat, I am sorry about the loss of your labradoodles. Have you thought about an older and smaller dog that you could give a good home to? I always had big dogs but I love my little dogs now. Then my older sister who will be 81. and always had toy poodles, adopted a 3 y/o standard poodle when she became a widow at 77 years. We all thought she was nuts for adopting a big dog but it has been the best thing for her. Now the dog is 7 years old and gives her confidence to go on walks by herself. Keeps her young. Small older dogs don't need as much exercise and there are some cute small doodle mixes. I bet what ever life you can give a shelter dog or dog in foster care is better than the life it has now. Plus this standard poodle has a very low growl and bark....sounds like a pit bull and is a good guard dog for her.

NSV: Went out for lunch with friend. Ordered shrimp spring roll (they are huge) and side order of steamed vegetables plus the splurge: Vietnamese Coffee but only drank 1/2. Usually I would order Curry shrimp (made with high fat coconut milk) and rice...zillion calories and sodium.

Peleton pup and I hit the bike first thing. He holds me accountable.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Bisky, the only small dogs I have had were beagles, a pug, and Jack Russells. All were tremendously high energy, even in their senior years. My couch potato dogs were the labradoodles, but they still had to be walked four times a day. The Great Pyranees was a couch potato, but do I want to deal with 150 pounds of dogs? Not in my 70s. I have had German Shepherds that were so easy to train, but still high maintenance. We have had 4 rescue mutts, all were older, and all required much intensive training to conquer the bad habits that probably got them surrendered in the first place. I just dont think I have it in me to take a chance on another dog. 😢
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I love dogs, but we couldn't have one due to the hours my husband and I worked. Now we would have time, but our kitty is a rescue. She was abused, abandoned, and lived at the shelter for well over a year. They let us adopt her because she would be the only pet in our house. She has come a long way and is my constant companion. When I was teaching a class that ended at 10PM, I would find her waiting for me in the hall near the garage door. When I was teaching remotely during the early pandemic, she was always in my office, sometimes on camera, sometimes napping in the background. I wouldn't want to do anything to stress her out. I play with the neighborhood dogs when I walk, and that gives me my dog fix.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am finally back, whew!
    It's been a tricky few weeks for me but I am hanging in there.
    On the subject of dogs what about an older dog there are lots needing homes.
    Mine are a handful expecially Ollie still trying to get him to stop jumping at people but I wouldn't be without him.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Nice to hear from you, Ann! We had a beautiful day here weather-wise, sunny and a high in the 60s. I worked in the yard for 4+ hours, digging up grass. I'll count that as my workout for the day, though I did do my strength training too. It will definitely be an early night for me!
    Hope everyone had a good day!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I just finished digging out the second new perennial bed. It has been a serious workout. Fitbit says my calorie burn yesterday was 2900. I had better see a weight loss this week!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Yay, Ann checked in 😊
    Randi, your calorie burn id impressive. I couldn’t work like that if my life depended on it!

I met my calorie limits today and got in all my exercise. If I don’t lose at least half a pound this week, it won’t be because i didnt put in the effort. I am fighting a bit of a sore throat. Ick!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Cat hope your sore throat improves.
    Randi glad you got your digging done.

Got a good walk in finally and looks like a good evening.4krnljnoknxz.jpg
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 0.9 today. Cat, I hope you're feeling better. Ann, what a beautiful garden (and dog)!