Just Introducing Myself

Options
MsRBB23
MsRBB23 Posts: 4 Member
I am 61 soon to be 62 and I want to get into the best shape of my life. I have about 50 pounds to lose and I'm sure it's going to help my knees in my back.

Replies

• katcho1974
    katcho1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m the same age and also have 50+ lbs I’d like to lose. Nice to meet you.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well I have 10 years on you both, I did very well here 7 + years ago but life took over, lots of things, put all my weight back on, wasn't at all accountable to me, no exercise. So now 7 years later I plan to start again. First some pounds then ease into walking again. I can hardly believe that I was walking 3-4 miles everyday and going tot he gym. Now nothing and I tried to walk a mile last weekend and I was so out of breath. Baby steps to get going again. Last time I followed a nutrisystem diet and it worked very well, while I did it but old habits easily come back. For now to give myself a start I am doing Atkins, 2 meals of shakes and the a healthy dinner. No snacks and although they say there is no such thing as a sugar addict, I differ, once I eat a piece of hard candy or something sweet like a muffin, I'm thru and I fall into my old ways. So for now knowing myself I have to stay strictly eating most of the same things everyday except change in protein until I get on track. I am only start day 3 so wish me luck. I'd like overtime to use 70 lbs. I will try for 10 lbs at a time.
  • KatherineMcCalla
    Options
    I am 60. Need to lose the 45 I gained recently due to a stressful situation last few months. Then need to get to goal. I had lost a little over 85 pounds on WW prior and maintained that for a couple years.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,183 Member
    Options
    I am 60. Need to lose the 45 I gained recently due to a stressful situation last few months. Then need to get to goal. I had lost a little over 85 pounds on WW prior and maintained that for a couple years.

You did it. In the "discussion" section anyone can start a new discussion (like you did with one) then anyone can click and open the discussion and post a comment. Again like you did on this thread. You got the "make a thread" and "comment on a thread." What else? What's next.