Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    PW: 142.2 pounds (May 13th) (Lost 2.3 pounds)
    CW: 142.2 pounds (May 20th) (Maintained)

Super proud of myself for achieving a maintain this week as the previous 2 weeks I lost a whopping 6 pounds, mostly because my body was revolting so I couldn't eat much and what I did eat didn't remain in me for long so I figured once I was able to start eating regularly again that I would gain some of that weight back, which did in fact happen as on Thursday I weighed 144.4 pounds because when I did start eating regularly again I ended up eating a lot of unhealthy foods, especially because I celebrated my birthday, but I got back to healthier eating on Thursday and Friday and focused on drinking my water and kept up with my walking for exercise and I dropped the weight back off.

I've lost 9 weeks in a row followed by a maintain so I am really happy about this accomplishment.
    I'm still dealing with some health problems but doing the best I can with my weight loss journey and fitness journey under the circumstances.

I am down 27.8 pounds from my highest weight 7 years ago.
    I only have 12.2 pounds to reach my goal weight which I almost can't believe!
    I know the last pounds are often the hardest to lose but now that I am this close I feel it's doable even though I know it's going to be hard work!

Happy belated Birthday!
  • Stacimfit
    edited May 2023
    Options
    kwur35dvvfgc.png

Here is my Sunday friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for May Week 3... Please have them in no later than Tuesday evening 5/23... Thank you for your cooperation :)

@Mama530 5/14 - 5/20

When can newbies join in on the on-going walking challenge?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,609 Member
    Options
    Please try not to use insightful on the weigh in posts as this is how the team captains indicate they have entered the weight on the spreadsheet. Thanks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fazola wrote: »
    PW. 162.2
    CW: 1159.2

Steps for the week.
    Monday: 8832.
    Tuesday: 7911.
    Wednesday 4283.
    Thursday 8474.
    Friday: 7982.
    Saturday 8231.
    Sunday 3423.

Congrats on the new decade! I am assuming that the extra one is a mistake. 😊
    pauladner wrote: »
    Pauladner
    Weigh In Day: Sunday, May 21st
    PW (Previous Weight): 137.8lb
    CW (Current Weight): 135.3lb

Nice loss! You must be getting close to goal.
    Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in day: Sunday 5.21.23

Current weight 158.6
    Previous weight 157.4

New medication is wreaking havoc, and I am still trying to adjust.

Medication can really throw off weight loss.
    Weigh-in Sunday 5/21/23:
    PW: 191.4
    CW: 188.8

Looks like I’m on the right track! ^_^ Hope everyone is doing well! Aside from trying to count calories again (from being out of town so much) I have also purchased a flip phone to lower my technology/social media usage as well. 🙏🏻 Wish me luck!

Awesome loss! Maybe that’s what I need to do. Good luck.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,077
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise:

I got my granddaughters cold. I knew when I watched her last week I was taking a chance. The headache is the worst. I hate the fact my immune system sucks. It’s why I pick up bugs so easy. Going to try and remember to move today. My husband is home and I never get much done when he is off. Too easy to binge watch the latest tv series we are watching.

It’s a long weekend so to my Canadian teammates enjoy the rest of the weekend. To everyone else, enjoy the start to the work week.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations @stacimfit and @rwillems for being in the top 3 last week.
  • madtownmitch
    madtownmitch Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 298.4
    Current weight 298.2 (-.2)

I'm glad I posted a loss rather than a gain, but I'm really disappointed because I completely sabotaged myself this weekend, after doing so well and being consistent the rest of the week. I am getting close to another milestone (10% of my starting weight), and I honestly don't know why I do this to myself over and over again. Do I have a fear of both failure AND success?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,340 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    kwur35dvvfgc.png

Here is my Sunday friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for May Week 3... Please have them in no later than Tuesday evening 5/23... Thank you for your cooperation :)

@rwillems 5/14 - 5/20 (still don't know if you want to be excused)
    @Mama530 5/14 - 5/20
    @tahm42 5/14 - 5/20
    @adianeschu 5/14 - 5/20

Whenever you want .... I can add you to May Week 4 if you want ..All I need is a step pledge and I will get you on the step challenge :) Glad you want to join
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday I went to a bridal shower for my nephew's fiancee. There was a lovely spread of food and goodies, so it was impossible to "log it" so I just enjoyed myself. I didn't go crazy, but the slice of cake alone with all of its icing was more decadence than I have had in awhile. I still had dinner when I got home because my husband and I had planned it ahead of time. Again, I didn't go crazy. The moment where I reverted back to my old ways of eating things I shouldn't when I am not really hungry was when I saw some pictures of myself on Face Book from the shower. I know I am not small, but I have been feeling much better about myself. Even when I went blouse shopping a couple weeks ago so I would have something to wear to this shower, I was still pulling out the big sizes to try on, but somehow it was okay because a) I was by myself and b) I told myself that this size was for now, not forever. However, I looked absolutely huge in one picture and it broke me a little. I think I will be okay today, as I haven't had anything but coffee so far and I have no desire to finish the cheese curds I got into last night. Maybe a little break was good.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/14-3062
    5/15-4774
    5/16-13019
    5/17-8807
    5/18-5541
    5/19- 7488
    5/20-12194
    5/21- 10912
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    So, yesterday I went to a bridal shower for my nephew's fiancee. There was a lovely spread of food and goodies, so it was impossible to "log it" so I just enjoyed myself. I didn't go crazy, but the slice of cake alone with all of its icing was more decadence than I have had in awhile. I still had dinner when I got home because my husband and I had planned it ahead of time. Again, I didn't go crazy. The moment where I reverted back to my old ways of eating things I shouldn't when I am not really hungry was when I saw some pictures of myself on Face Book from the shower. I know I am not small, but I have been feeling much better about myself. Even when I went blouse shopping a couple weeks ago so I would have something to wear to this shower, I was still pulling out the big sizes to try on, but somehow it was okay because a) I was by myself and b) I told myself that this size was for now, not forever. However, I looked absolutely huge in one picture and it broke me a little. I think I will be okay today, as I haven't had anything but coffee so far and I have no desire to finish the cheese curds I got into last night. Maybe a little break was good.

Just use it as a reset and lock back in my friend. One bad day won't derail your week- I know you got this.
  • Stacimfit
    Options
    kwur35dvvfgc.png

@Mama530 5/14 - 5/20
    @tahm42 5/14 - 5/20
    @adianeschu 5/14 - 5/20

Whenever you want .... I can add you to May Week 4 if you want ..All I need is a step pledge and I will get you on the step challenge :) Glad you want to join

Thank you! That would be great!! I would love to join in the walking challenge. If I read it right, it started Sunday right? I will get you what I need for those steps as I use Garmin I can look back at my steps.
    I want to join the walking challenge because it keeps me motivated to get outside and go for a walk every day. If it isn't warm out, I like to go to the community center and walk their track. I want to be intentional about my exercise and build up the strength to go longer each time so I can be healthy and happy!

:)
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5/14-8251
    5/15-4847
    5/16-10820
    5/17-7481
    5/18-6325
    5/19-7981
    5/20-10650
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,340 Member
    Options
    kwur35dvvfgc.png

@Mama530 5/14 - 5/20
    @tahm42 5/14 - 5/20
    @adianeschu 5/14 - 5/20

Thank you! That would be great!! I would love to join in the walking challenge. If I read it right, it started Sunday right? I will get you what I need for those steps as I use Garmin I can look back at my steps.
    I want to join the walking challenge because it keeps me motivated to get outside and go for a walk every day. If it isn't warm out, I like to go to the community center and walk their track. I want to be intentional about my exercise and build up the strength to go longer each time so I can be healthy and happy!

May Week 4 goes from 5/21 to 5/27 and I always post a reminder of the people's steps I need on Sunday ... All I need from you is a number of steps you plan to hit daily and I will do the rest

• Stacimfit
    Options
    kwur35dvvfgc.png

@Mama530 5/14 - 5/20
    @tahm42 5/14 - 5/20
    @adianeschu 5/14 - 5/20

May Week 4 goes from 5/21 to 5/27 and I always post a reminder of the people's steps I need on Sunday ... All I need from you is a number of steps you plan to hit daily and I will do the rest

Sure, I plan hit 5,000 daily!! That's my goal!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 298.4
    Current weight 298.2 (-.2)

I'm glad I posted a loss rather than a gain, but I'm really disappointed because I completely sabotaged myself this weekend, after doing so well and being consistent the rest of the week. I am getting close to another milestone (10% of my starting weight), and I honestly don't know why I do this to myself over and over again. Do I have a fear of both failure AND success?

Congrats on the loss! Weekends are tough for me. I blame it on my husband being home but that is an excuse. What I have started doing is making small changes. While my weekend eating is not perfect it is slowly getting better. Look to small changes.
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Put it behind you. Look at all the positive things you have accomplished this month. I don’t know about you but I keep digging my bigger sizes out and wearing them because I feel safer in them. It’s like a security blanket. Today is a new day and you have a clean slate.
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-223.8
    CW-222.6

Nice loss! How was your week?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 2,623
    Log food: ✔️✔️
    Exercise:

Spent yesterday sleeping or wrapped up in a blanket.
This discussion has been closed.