Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
o7qlf84pynka.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs for 4 weeks, from June 4 - July 1. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    Welcome old and new friends! I'm Kathy and I'm the Mission Slimpossibles team motivator, the incredible @trooworld and @broncobuddee are our amazing team captains. This month we're working toward one goal for the 4th of July challenge, have a No Zero Days challenge going for the year, and doing our best to reach our personal goals. Don't forget there's Fat2Fit challenges too, so
    mehow the amazing @jessicakrall8 manages to come up challenges every week for us to participate in.

I'm 51 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats Jasper and Asher. I've been on this team for going on 4.5 years now and love the family we have here and the support we can give each other. Having felt alone for a long time due to chronic pain issues being in this group sharing and on MFP has helped me grow tremendously and let me know I'm not the only one going through certain things. Obviously we're all trying to improve our health but we're at different places plus have more than just health in common and a have desire to be our best selves and support others doing the same.

I'm still figuring out what I'm able to do with my health challenges but I'm 75lbs down from my highest and eat low-moderate carb as I have my diabetes in remission with diet and exercise. I do chair workouts, strength training, and stretching plus gardening. I volunteer at the food bank farm and greenhouse then have my own garden. I do some part-time work online and am on the board of a local charity and my HOA and love reading, watching movies, and cooking.

Let's have a great June!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.... You have another new joining your wonderful team for June ... Please welcome @mkksemail :)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail welcome to the group 👋🏻

@Katmary71 I hope you’re feeling better. Piano recital sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the kind words. I truly hope everything I’m going through helps him. I’m now sharing pages I find on FB of those who share their stories of caretakers for a family member. I want him to see both sides for different illnesses. I really want him to have an understanding and compassion for family members who come in and have a million inquiries. They live these diagnoses also. Ok off from my mom rambling. I hope you have a beautiful day!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who turns 1 yr old this month. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app to track “bites”, it’s a lot like tracking points in WW. My food plan (they have 6 plans, mine is Conquer Cravings) focuses on calories but fat drives the “bites” up and fiber drives the “bites” down. I love it.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I mostly walk and talk with friends, as well as walk my dogs. We have a Tonal home gym but my husband uses it a lot more than I do. My hobbies: reading, making artwork, photography, tent camping (although we haven’t went in a few years), and cooking.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    83wkxljswdp0.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:
    There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • trooworld
    Options
    @txcritter69 Happy anniversary! A trip to NM sounds fun.

@19shmoo69 Hi how are you doing, Darren? Nice to "see" you. Did the squirrel eat all the bird food?

@ddainiak Hi and glad everything worked out. @broncobuddee takes care of anything weight-related, including changes to your days, he will always take good care of you! There are a lot of dog lovers/owners in the group (I'm one of them!) so bonus if you post pics of Monty! Congrats on your success so far. That's awesome! If you ever need a recipe, I have a digital collection of over 7,800 and they are all organized and easy to find. :D

@Katmary71 Yes, I am tracking EVERYTHING! Thank you! I'm glad you are resting. Have a great Saturday!

@mkksemail Welcome to the team! Woo hoo!

Hi all. Check-in for Saturday: I'm doing well, I had some chips yesterday with lunch but I had the "bites" for them so I don't feel bad. I don't have a lot of plans this weekend, it's going to be kind of mellow which is good. I have a busy June.

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Welcome to all the new folks! This is an amazing group of people.

I'm Sandy from Copperas Cove, Tx. I am a mom of 2 humans and 2 furbabies. A Grandma of 5 grandsons. I am married to my husband 27 yrs this month.

I have been struggling for 10 yrs trying to lose the weight (40 lbs) that I gained when I had to quit smoking. I started at 186 and lost roughly 16 lbs. The rest has been impossible to lose which I call the roller coaster. This month I really has no plan as what measures I plan to take except learning to except me for who I am.
    This up coming week we are going out of town but when I return I want to focus on going to bed at 10pm and getting up a 5am. Our summer is fast approaching and morning walks will have to be earlier in the morning.
    I am not going to focuse on losing weight so much, I want to focus on strength training. I will do my measurements again and with toning I am hoping to lose inches as opposed to weight.
    I do want to continue to change my eating habbits and drink more water. I am up to over 60 oz a day. That is a lot for me.😂

My hobbies include crafting, playing in my garden, spending time with my Diesel and long rides down the back roads in either our 99 Trans Am or 13 Camaro.

I hope everyone has a wonderful month of June.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello, and wow, some superstars on this team! WTG katmary, ambersway, and micaroo, on your weight losses!

And hello! to ddianiak (who directed me to this challenge, from the main challenge forum 🙋‍♀️), and ty! for the No Zero Days and Three You'd explanation, trooworld! Txcritter, congrats on your accomplishments! I think I need to add strength training, too.

Hello all 🙋‍♀️, I'm MaryK/MK, from Maine (well originally from NY, with a stopover in Boston, but have been here in Maine for 29 yrs). I've been on a Fitbit step goal streak (10k/day) for over 17 mos now. I started on Fitbit in July '31 - took about 18 mos to lose 30 lbs (half of my 60 lbs goal), then about 3 mos this fall and winter to gain it all back, plus another ~5 lbs.

Sigh.

Starting again! I haven't broken my steps goal streak, but stopped paying attention to what I was eating (obvs), so I've recommitted to food logging. I did it daily for almost 6 mos, when I first started Fitbit. I struggled to pick the habit back up after letting it go - I did a couple weeks a few times, here and there, but couldn't maintain the habit again, for whatever reason.

I signed up for MyFitnessPal awhile ago, bc I'd heard the food logging tools here were superior to Fitbit's (they totally are!), but still ... I wasn't doing it. So I signed up for MFP premium - figured if I paid for it, I'd do it.

Heh. So yea ... so far, so good - been logging daily since May 1.

Haven't really lost anything (well, I lost almost 5 lbs the first 10 days or so, but then I went out of town for 3 wks (mmmmmm NY pizza!), and gained back a few of those. I got home Thursday morning. I kept logging the whole time, and yea, there's a friggin good reason why I didn't continue losing weight!!

So easy for good habits to slip away, little by little, without really noticing the cumulative impact. I think I came in under my calorie goal on only about 30-40% of the days, in May. Maybe fewer!

Oh yes, demographic biographical details - 56f, married 33 yrs,1 daughter 32, currently 3 rescue cats - fat Ralphie, about 8 yo (who isn't so fat any more - was 22 lbs when my daughter rescued him, and deposited him with us bc her fur pack didn't think they wanted another furbrother lol), and two formerly feral brothers, about 2 yo, also rescued by daughter and deposited here, who are highly entertaining and social, but still also skittish and cautious.

Not currently employed - we sold husband's 7-Eleven franchise in April '21 - but starting to think about beginning to look for a job. We'll see how it goes - quite nervous about that endeavor!

Cheers!
    - mk :) (Maine)
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    ltgxmnzmb3dq.jpg

Houston we have a problem!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    The June Habit Tracker is up and ready for you! Start tracking right away and have a fantastic month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891871/habit-tracker-june-2023#latest
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 4th. We're hoping for a fun and active week, so please join us for Eat Healthy, Move More and Be Happy! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891873/june-week-1-group-challenge-eat-healthy-move-more-and-be-happy/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @trooworld am I a new or returning member? If I'm a new member can I switch to being a returning member? But if I'm a returning member can I switch to being a new member? Wait... Switch that.....reverse that visa versa or versa visa

Also @trooworld yes that thing emptied the whole feeder. Now the Cardinals are wondering where the sunflower seeds went.

Again @trooworld I may need coffee..... should I?
This discussion has been closed.