Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi! Here are my steps. I didn’t know if I could still turn them in since the month was over. Thanks for the reminder @Pupowl
    5/30 13,115
    5/31 13,327
    6/1 11,734
    6/2 4,502
    6/3 10,185
    6/4. 13,190
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,111 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Mon Weigh in
    PW: 302.8
    CW: 302.4
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new and returning Shape Shifter team members! Everyone seems to be starting the month strong. Good work on the steps and goal-setting! Here’s my belated introduction —

My name is Patrice and I’ll be 57 next month. I live in northern Virginia, close to Washington, DC in the USA. I joined MFP in December 2019 at 168 pounds, which is considered an overweight Body Mass Index (BMI) for my height (just under 5’4” tall).

I signed up for the F2F Challenge group in June 2021 because I felt a bit stalled at 135 pounds. After about three months with the group, I achieved my goal weight of 125 pounds in September 2021, but I’m still learning how to maintain my weight within the125-130 target range that I set for myself. I’m fine with the slow rate of loss now that I’m close to my goal weight; but, I want to be careful not to continue creeping up again over time.

I’ve been hovering back at 135 for awhile and I recognize that my biggest challenge is getting the right nutritional balance. I’m still within the ‘normal’ range, which is the most important milestone for me; but, sustaining my weight at 125-130 pounds will put me in the middle of the BMI range and account for my usual rhythm of winter gains and summertime losses. These are some of the patterns I’m learning about as I review my tracking data as part of our weekly reflections and weigh in. Feeling accountable to the other group members helps keep me challenged and on track. I appreciate the insights, support, and encouragement of our team!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Monday, June 5th
    I wanted to add a photo 📸 but can't seem to remember how???
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in days
    PW: 172.5
    CW: 175.5

wow, too many snacks and wobbly pops out camping I guess, I had a great time and got lots of steps in thou. Back on track this week!
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Itadakimasu7
    Weigh in Tuesday. *drum roll*

PW: 190
    CW: 190.6

I seem to have an upward trend. Hmmm... will do better.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Please update my current weight for June. I was out of town this weekend.

MFP USER NAME: DCResider
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Tuesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 159.2
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever): 160.0 lb.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in days
    PW: 172.5
    CW: 175.5

wow, too many snacks and wobbly pops out camping I guess, I had a great time and got lots of steps in thou. Back on track this week!

Glad that you had a good time camping... what are "wobbly pops"??? :)
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Monday, June 5th
    I wanted to add a photo 📸 but can't seem to remember how???
    Here is a photo step by step on how to put a photo under the spoiler
    kl1gzslol5a0.jpeggpfx6h8lah4o.jpeg625jp8zo8bwp.jpeg9bbifwzgcomv.jpeg423i909iseoy.jpegsx1vylqy0svm.png

• PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Congratulations on your breakthrough progress and learning, @CasandraW!

Thank you for posting the instructions for adding a photo under the ‘spoiler,’ too!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @looneycatblue - I think the term ‘wobbly pop’ is a reference to beer in Canada. I’m not sure if it’s Canadian slang or an actual beer name so I’ll defer to @JenHul on the details and apologize in advance if I’m wrong 😑!

I’m not much of a drinker these days but a cold beer by the camp fire after a day of fun in nature sure sounds nice! I’m glad you enjoyed your camping holiday @JenHul.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @pedal_power - I was thinking about everyone affected by the fires today because it was overcast here. The air quality didn’t feel too bad for us but there was ash in the sky, which blocked out the sun. Some people claimed to smell smoke but I heard there was an unrelated fire somewhere nearby so the guy on the radio indicated that might have been what they smelled.

I hope everyone is safe and you can walk your dog outside again soon. Have fun at your hockey game!
This discussion has been closed.