Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,416 Member
    @jessicakrall8 - Congratulations! That’s a fantastic accomplishment! It’s even better that you’ve built such a great habit of walking and enjoy it so much. So impressive!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @cre804 - I’m so glad your recovery is going well. Congratulations for achieving a new milestone! It feels wonderful to see a downward trend and pass those 5 and 10 pound marks.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with extra cleaning because your husband hasn’t learned the very important French cooking lesson of ‘mise en place,’ loosely translated as everything in its place in the kitchen before the food service begins. My husband often announces that the cook doesn’t have to clean up but that unilateral rule doesn’t seem fair to those of us who clean the kitchen as we prepare and cook the food.

I’m used to it now but I think I’d have to ask him to hire a cleaning crew before I came downstairs after knee surgery. I’ll be better prepared for something like that now that you shared your experience. 🙏🏼 You seem to be handling it very well and your ‘baby steps’ approach is wise! Take care! ❤️‍🩹
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,872 Member
    I typed a whole post with pictures, but the page refreshed and it's all gone. So just gonna share pictures, I can't be bothered to redo it. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    1we1vsbnb5g3.jpg
    5xb0wccuxxws.jpg
    4yt6l27erjli.jpg
    sueemw45yky0.jpg
    mcjjyfxmcdok.jpg
    9c7vhjj75lci.jpg
    lbdleborm0vj.jpg
    73qv921nnnu9.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Here is the card for today
    nxg53vmheb0i.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2023
    @Pupowl - It’s so disappointing to lose information after spending the time writing out the text or story! I hate when that happens — 😩 Sometimes it helps me recap my thoughts with a shorter post … So people might prefer it that way in my case! 😬

@izzyred9400 - There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset over the water. I love it 😍

It’s a great time for dreaming how we would use our lottery winnings 😊. I heard a 60 foot yacht can cost about $100,000 dollars to maintain each year, and a 100 foot yacht is about 20% of the original cost to maintain. So, a $10 million dollar yacht costs about $2 million to keep it running.

When I saw your comment, it got me wondering how much the super-yachts cost and I found this:

“A 180-foot superyacht and/or mega yacht costs a minimum of $4.75 million per year to operate and maintain” … with an estimated “annual budget of $1 million for maintenance and repairs, $350,000 for dockage, $240,000 for insurance, $400,000 for fuel, and $1.4 million for the crew. Add another 15-25% of the vessel’s value for V.A.T.”

I guess they don’t need to pay for hotel rooms at least 😂 — but that’s a lot of lottery winnings! 🤑

For me, the best part is we can enjoy the same sunset view over the water for £3! Have fun and thanks for sharing your dreamy experiences in Greece! 🧡🌅💛
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,449 Member
    Jun 9th Steps = 10,061
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,340 Member
    The June Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 11th. Please join us this week to "Share a Salad" with your friends and teammates. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892363/june-week-2-group-challenge-share-a-salad/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Here is today card
    vpmz3hw1zrj7.jpg
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 492 Member
    Step Update

6/8- 18,562
    6/9- 16,274
    6/10- 14,405