Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I will have to remember that as I do fall in public once in a while! LOL

@davidji82 @Cornanda Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Oh darn it. Yes, same with my husband: means well and cares, but darnit it's annoying lol. Maybe it's what we need? I didn't put creamer in my coffee this morning and it's not too bad. I just have to make decisions with intention, not just randomly shove things in my mouth lol. I hope you have a successful weekend. Oh dear about the moodiness, that's rough, my husband can be a bit moody but if I had to deal with TWO that were moody, that would be hard. Good luck!

Hi all. Well, I am thankful for the loss even if it is a bit small, it's a loss instead of a gain! I got the results from my x-rays back: moderate arthritis in my left knee. That's not going to go away, I just need to make myself more comfortable by losing some weight and strengthening my quads. I am looking into water aerobics. I've done it in the past and didn't feel like it was a good workout but maybe that's where I am now. Today and tomorrow, I'm going to Comic-Con, a pop culture convention here in Southern California. I can't wait!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Oh no sorry to hear you’re in the insomnia club again. Pain still stinks, we had to stop with the garlic when we were almost done today, there’s about an hour left. Oh good I’m glad you found some areas to improve.

@trooworld I’m sure your husband is trying to help you but I can see where that would be a sensitive area. What about switching to a plant-based creamer like an oat milk or almond one? They aren’t bad and a little lower calorie than the regular ones. Have a wonderful time this weekend!

@tfelt147 If you’re going on a cruise you’re probably shopping for clothes for it, right? How about finding something in a smaller size that could be a goal item for you? I really hate having to buy larger clothes so that would help me!

@19shmoo69 That’s one line I’ve never said when my legs have given out, I’ll remember that!

@bethanie0825 I’m so sorry to hear about your pup. That sounds like a tough cold, I hope you’re on the mend from it soon! Awesome job with 5lbs down!

@DrewsAnna Shoot I was hoping he’d leave you alone now!

Hi team! On a little early to make up for not being on last night. I was gone until after dinner last night and went outside to water and my fence had very obviously been on fire as the lot behind it was all black as was the fence. The owner of that empty lot never responds to fence problems but another neighbor told me today he reports the lot as a fire hazard every year to force him to clean it up, this time he sent someone with a couple mowers on a 100 degree day and the weeds caught fire. California insurance is skyrocketing and also refusing to give it to some buyers so we were unsure what we’d do about this but a fireman was here earlier and told me it was definitely the lot owner’s fault. I exchanged info with 2 neighbors who have a little damage and will share the report when I pick it up tomorrow. Other than that usual stuff. Have a great weekend! And garlic is ALMOST done! Tomorrow it will be for sure, we could’ve finished in 30 minutes but I rushed home as my neighbor said she heard people talking back there and until I talked to all of them all I didn’t know what happened.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back, back again :D

@trooworld & @broncobuddee Would it be possible to join to competition for August? I'm ready to get going again.

[...]

@bethanie0825 Excited to have you back!! Which day do you want for weigh-in day?
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @trooworld Love the pics! I'm so glad you're having fun. It looks amazing. ❤️

@DJill68 Congrats on the loss!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna I'm sorry you're still having issues.

@Katmary71 Hopefully you'll get some money for the damage. It's so upsetting when stuff like that happens. 🦋 You're such a nice person. Hugs.

Today, I'm going to spend the day outside gardening since the weather seems agreeable. I'll take some pics. Eating too much cookies lately but still keeping it in control.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday!

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hi all. I made a good dinner last night and thought I would share a pic. It's Tandoori chicken made in the air fryer - https://www.paintthekitchenred.com/tandoori-chicken/

And Ranch Potato Salad - https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/bacon-ranch-red-potato-salad/

With roasted asparagus.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
    ojbkb05i98a7.jpg
    @trooworld , this looks DELICIOUS !!! I just got my first (mini) air fryer on Amazon Prime Day. Haven't tried it out yet (only unboxed the packages this morning lol). May I ask, do you use ginger and garlic paste, or just ground ginger and ground garlic powder? I don't know if I've ever seen spice pastes in my area 🧐 .... are they shelf-stable, or do you look in a refrigerated section?
    -
    - mk :)
  • mkksemail
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    6 Step Plan
    Day One: nix the obvious treats
    Day Two: don't add any kind of sweetener to anything
    Day Three: No sweetened drinks of any kind (not even sugar free)
    Day Four: go plain - nothing flavored (like yogurt). If you want to add fruit flavor, use actual fruit
    Day Five: no refined grains
    Day Six: no alcohol

Check results on Day Seven.

Smart !!
    @micaroo4
  • mkksemail
    Options
    My pickles were a flop😞 I should have took the warning when I stepped on the scale that morning(166.6). End up having to throw out all 6 jars. So yesterday I made six more 6 but only made refrigerated pickles that time. We will see in a few days if they are any good.
    Not giving up on the canning thing thou. I had fun doing it. Just need to figure out a few thing.
    Cutting this short have to get outdoorsbefore the oven preheats🔥😂

I hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday!

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!

Ohhhhh, bummer! Can't wait to read the next update on the canning saga tho 😄
    @txcritter69
  • mkksemail
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »

Hi all. Well, back to reality now that the dogs are back from the kennel. They were happy to see us. I'm using this recipe to make freezer breakfast sandwiches that will hopefully keep me out of the cafe at work: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/freezer-breakfast-sandwiches/
    We are still in a heatwave so not much activity.

Mmmmmm, those look delicious! I've seen stuff like that before, but never did it. I think I will soon. Question: do you toast your english muffins first? Or sandwich thins, I think I might try them with sandwich thins :)

- mk :)

@trooworld
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 23rd. Please join me this week as we start Making Plans. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10895465/july-week-4-group-challenge-making-plans#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.