Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Hi team, had a tough night last night and didn’t get to sleep until about 3. I worked out then ran errands and met my friend and her mom for ice cream. Not much up, it’s super hot and I’m tired and grumpy. Have a great Tuesday team.

No Zero Days- good workout though I limited myself on weights to keep my arm from going out, food was over for ice cream with a friend, water was good.

((((((((( hugs! ))))))))) @Katmary71

• mkksemail
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »

I did a "gut check" week. Carefully observing for ways I am not being honest with myself with working my plan. Found a few things to fix.

Lisa

WTG, you, Lisa !!
    @Cornanda
  • mkksemail
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    He also said I need to eat more protein even though I don't like meat. He said I can start by cutting out the creamer in my morning coffee, that I never gave fasting a fair try. I did but he's not listening. So, to stop him from lecturing me, I will cut out the creamer in my coffee and eat more protein.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

@trooworld , do you like / or have you tried, protein powder?
    I traded my splash of milk or creamer in my morning tea, for a half serving of nonfat dry milk powder plus a half serving of flavored protein powder, when I noticed I was getting near the bottom range of RDA of protein, instead of the higher recommended protein intake for women over 50, and people who are trying to lose weight (both of which are me! lol). I call it 'protein tea' heh. I also have difficulty with sleeping 😩, so I stopped drinking coffee a long time ago. A mug of tea has about half the caffeine of a mug of coffee. I started out with black tea, but now I use green tea. I know most people drink green tea with no add-ins, but it works just fine if you mix it like you would black tea :).

It's good. Helps with protein intake. You're not supposed to consume more than 20-30g of protein in a 2-hr window, tho, so that's why I only use a half serving each of protein powder, plus a half serving of nonfat dry milk powder.

I use Orgain Protein Powder, which comes in several flavors. It goes on sale during Amazon Prime Days (and other times during the year, too - check www.camelcamelcamel.com for price histories), so I stock up then, for the year. I just bought about 15 tubs or so earlier this month, during this year's Amazon Prime Days, so I'm set for the year :D .

- mk :)

• mkksemail
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 174.6
    CW: 173.7

Woot !! Looks like you've re-set your path in a good way, @Cornanda !
  • mkksemail
    Options
    ... He wants me to stop putting creamer in my coffee because he thinks that will make it possible to fast. I told him I gave it a try twice before and I just get too hungry but he thinks he knows everything and fasting is one of those things he knows. So, no creamer at all or it will break the fast. I'll try it but I don't hold out much hope for the process for ME....

Hi all. I'm having a blast at Comic-Con. I walked over 20,000 steps yesterday. More of the same probably today. My knee held out okay but started to hurt later in the day. I've been going to panels, walking around the exhibit hall, walking around downtown. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. The Lego stuff: Lego Nintendo, Lego Blockbuster video store, Lego Sonic the Hedgehog. Junji Ito is a horror manga author/artist that I love to read.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
    l4u9kgalmrkc.jpg
    m7ous9zp5bqm.jpg
    e5a4vf8onjuc.jpg
    cufmpz9oac68.jpg
    tcc15lv3vh81.jpg
    ycfwo6dfwup5.jpg

Ooooooo, FUN pix !! WTG on the steps! 🧨🎇
    icksnay on the oteinpay owderpay in your morning cuppa ! (lol pig latin, translation: nix on the protein powder) I missed that the 'skip the creamer' was about IF. My bad ....

I too have OA in my knees. I know I posted about the squats, but it's worth repeating: this is a great exercise for arthritic knees! It was pure torture the first few days, and took me almost 10 mins to do my 25/day, but now, after about 4 weeks, sometimes it only takes me 2 minutes! And it's totally working - legs feel stronger, more stable. And scooping kitty litter is so much easier now !! (PS - I also do 10k steps/day - past 18mos on my streak now :grin: )

@trooworld
  • mkksemail
    Options
    askewcr wrote: »
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 262
    CW: 260 :o

Let's go get it!! B)

I had a much better week this week! Two days of water aerobics and intentional eating of vegetables and choices. Also trying to get at least 7,000 steps daily. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!!

WOOP !! wtg, @askewcr !

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 212
    Todays Weight: 212.2
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Worth a try, good luck with it! I’m so glad you made it to Comic-Con! That sounds so fun, I’ve never gone to one.

@tammymccrady6278 Keep being awesome!

@Brigit02 Thank you! Hopefully the gardening will burn off the extra cookies, win win with a relaxing day and something sweet!

@askewcr Who’s doing amazing with exercise and a healthy diet?!!!! You go!

@txcritter69 I’m thinking of trying pickles, any tips for me? I’d just do refrigerated too, think they’d be good with mostly dill seed over weed? Another volunteer at the food bank farm was talking about Swedish pickles she’s made from dill seed vs weed and said they still turned out good, it has me curious to try it.

@mkksemail So glad nothing was found with the colonoscopy! That’s a good gap before the next one thank goodness! I recommended the protein powder in coffee and my friend tried banana and posted how gross it was on here, why she did banana is beyond me. I never thought of doing it in tea, I’d imagine vanilla would be real good that way. I was doing the protein in coffee when I was eating more vegetarian. Grocery Outlet had the vanilla Orgain on sale for $15 but I prefer chocolate, wish it was this week so I could try it in tea! I know with fasting you’re not supposed to have calories with coffee if I understand it correctly. Boy vanilla in chai tea would be awesome! I gave you an “inspiring” for that! Your comment about cat litter is funny, with my nerve damage and legs hurting that’s when I really need to squat instead of bending over so I get that!

Hi team, hope you’re all having a great Saturday! Did my workout and went to the farm for a couple hours. I posted in the Take a Plant group the farm wanted to share seeds with the stands and after I go with two other volunteers to the farm for an hour I’ll be hitting the stands. The idea was to mention it and hopefully get some of them to volunteer as the average person doesn’t know of the farm or CSA boxes and I’m happy sharing seeds just since I don’t grow cilantro I didn’t realize how long it takes to sort through to get the stems and dirt out. Couldn’t get the fire report today as the office was closed so I’ll go Monday. I got a bunch of yummy fruit at the farmer's market and will share some with my parents when they come by tomorrow. Have an awesome Sunday! Despite not having the marijuana tea I’m finding a good balance with the pain med (aside of feeling like a zombie), workouts, etc.

No Zero Days- healthy food, great exercise, good water
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow you all have been busy. Looks like everyone is doing well. I need to do a good catch up but I did read up.

Just checking in. Still busy here. I need a vacation from my kids vacation. I’m wore out. No time for myself. Trying to stay on track though.

My youngest started 🐎 riding lessons yesterday. All was great until she finished, got over heated and went down. I was trying to get her to the car, so thankfully sat on the sidewalk with her in my lap. Some water and a minute and she was fine. I was as cool as a cucumber but today I think my brain is fried from that moment of mom fear. She also tore the skin off her knuckles from the saddle. Off to buy riding gloves of some sort for her next lesson. She’s enjoying her battle wounds though. 😂

I’ll be back later and hopefully catch up.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good Morning folks!

CONGRATULATIONS to all that made the leader board!

It is great reading that everyone is doing good.

@Katmary71 I really have no tips on this pickling thing. I bought the Balls recipe book from Wal-Mart just have not taken the time to look thru it yet. I have the last off my cucumbers in ice water in refrigerator. Was thinking about trying sweet pickles or relish with them. My next round of cucumbers are almost read to go in the ground.

@mkksemail I had the bi-colored hair. It looked crazy but this is the first time since I was about 15 that I have my natural hair color. Lol
    I started using the closing line after a lady in one of my walking groups on Facebook passed away from a brain aneurysm. She was such an inspiration to all.

@trooworld Love your pics. Glad you were able to have fun at Comic-Con.

This has been a pretty bummed week. My sleep is off along with my eating. So right now the scale is showing it. I am all up in my emotions and that is driving me crazy. I have got to find a way to snap out of it. I hate feeling this way.

Did finally pull my cucumbers out and trying to figure out where to plant my next round because I am going to be putting green beans in where the last cucumbers were. Been working slowly on the fence for my garden, I pick out a 20 x 20 spot in the backyard to plant my bigger garden for next year. The heat here is so crazy hot that being outdoors is hard to do after about 11 am.

I hope everyone has a great day!

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 164.5
    CW: 166.5
    😩
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow- busy day for messages.

@katmary71- That stinks about the fire. Glad you are finding a balance that provides comfort for you. You know I think you are amazing, right?

@trooworld - your convention looks like a blast! Hope your knee holds up. We'll be here for you as you sort out the issue of your next steps on your health journey.

@ambersway- my son passed out during a minor medical procedure- badly. I'm a nurse and I was quite scared. Good for you keeping your cool.

@txcritter69 - I hope you feel better- flaring emotions can be tough. Can't wait to see your new garden!

@mkksemail -thanks for the encouragement.

@megnolia82 - I don't know how to answer your question, but will send you a {{HUG}}

I've been all over the place with my emotions the last two days. Some things going on with my Mom- she has Alzheimers. I try to enjoy where we are right now and ignore what will be coming later- therefore when issues arise, it surprises me. I've decided I have to do some work on changing this mindset.

I'm going to work hard on my health again this week and see how I do. Let's make it a good one!

Lisa
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 220.0
    CW 217.2

Got most of last week’s gain off again. Let’s see if I can keep it going in the right direction.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Megnolia82 weigh in Sunday July 23

SW: 228
    PW: 220
    CW: 222.4

Sigh. I’ve squandered July. What am I doing?

I feel like I am maybe at the point I need help. I keep grabbing stupid things to eat for no reason at all. Like, I think I’ll make a glass of chocolate milk. I’ll have some peanut butter on crackers before bed even though I’m not hungry. I scour the house for candies I don’t even like. I feel like I’m eating out of compulsion and I don’t even want to do it.

Have you had success with any sort of therapy or even a book or app you’ve found really helpful?

I recommend keeping a journal. Good old fashioned paper and pen. A Before, During, and After journal. Before you eat, write down why you want to eat, how you feel, anything relevant to your decision to eat. While you are eating, make notes about how it makes you feel. Afterwards, write how you feel about your decision to eat, now that you've finished. It may not change your behavior right away, but it will give you insights.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Slims!
    Rich and I took off on a trail ride on the bicycles 🚲 this morning. Beautiful day, beautiful ride. I'm a little disturbed that there are so many more people on electric bikes. To me, that's a motorcycle, and motorized vehicles don't belong on the bike paths. They go too fast. There are walkers using these trails, people with dogs, parents pushing strollers. The electric bikes are zipping along at 20 mph on a dirt trail in 2-way traffic. Risky. One of the electric bike riders was explaining that his bike was just "pedal assist". Sounds innocent, but I was behind him for quite a ways, and I could count on one hand the number of times he actually turned the pedals. It's not bicycling, it's a cheat. And people who never rode a REAL bike have never learned proper bike etiquette. Okay, that's my rant for today. I did have fun. I just wish the trails marked No Motor Vehicles really were just that.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

9abeai5kxv28.png
    z6jbxjt4w0bo.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    goyar1mjlfhp.png

By Pounds
    fhoigc5nny8b.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    bkcoyiydzj71.png
    q713tzr9f51f.png

By Pounds
    31pb5je83lbo.png

Team Winners
    hg172f0wlxbc.png
  • mkksemail
    Options
    F2F Slimpossibles
    WI Day: Sundays
    SW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23 (-3.4)
    PW: 194.6 lbs, Sun 7/15
    CW: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/122 (-0.1)

OSW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23
    EOM 01: 194.7 lbs, Sun 6/25 (-3.2 M, -3.2 T)
    mkksemail wrote: »
    194.6 lbs, Sun 7/15

No Zeros, 2023: - made my steps and squats goal yesterday - squats at midnight, bc I almost forgot! ✨
    Will update July days later ...

Yesterday/Sunday 7/2, I did:
    Goal 1: 12,345 steps
    including 77 mins intentional exercise , which included:
    63 zone mins, 17 mins walk, 24 mins walk, Plus:
    Goal 2: strength/yoga/stretching: 25 squats
    Goal 3: (non-daily) cleaning/organizing/tidying/decluttering active chores - 31 mins sesh

Day before/Saturday 7/1, I did:
    Goal 1: 11,182 steps
    including 43 mins intentional exercise , which included:
    51 zone mins, 26 mins walk, 12 mins walk, Plus:
    Goal 2: strength/yoga/stretching: 25 squats
    Goal 3: (non-daily) cleaning/organizing/tidying/decluttering active chores - 16 mins sesh

Paid attention to the three MEs. 🙏👏🙌
    MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

TODAY me acknowledges and thanks YOUNGER me for deciding it was time to get this done! 🥳, and TODAY me thanks YOUNGER me for rocking out on Goals #1 & 2 ! 🙏, and/but TODAY me also acknowledges, I have not been doing my best to do at least one thing each day with regard to Goal 3 for FUTURE me. Today ME forgives YOUNGER me 🫶, and renews my pledge on all three Goals to FUTURE me! :) 🙌✨
    We have something going on called NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:
    8lmtm11p1vtt.png

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!
    Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • mareeya88
    mareeya88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 260
    PW: 256.7
    CW: 255

Lost a pound! :) It was by calorie counting only. Hopefully I'll be able to work out and make more of a difference, but I'm okay with this.
This discussion has been closed.