Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay I’m glad your daughter is fine, how frightening! Good think you kept your wits about you.
    @txcritter69 Hm I’d recommend grow bags for the cukes but the smaller ones don’t stay wet enough so unless you get larger ones (that need more dirt) with your heat it may not be the best idea. I wonder how deep green bean roots go, if they’re bush maybe they can go together with the cukes? I can’t wait to see your bigger garden plans!

@megnolia82 Brain over Binge by Kathyrn Hansen has been recommended around here. I’m searching through the forums trying to find the other book a few in this group were doing, @Cornanda
    @trooworld Do you remember that one that talks about your inner pig? Was it Never Binge? I joined the Facebook group but must’ve left it as I haven’t seen anything in a long time. It’s Never Binge Again by Glenn Livingston and Yoav Ezer. The inner pig part was a little weird to me but whatever works right?! The app Noom is based on the psychological reasons for overeating and making good habits but I haven’t personally tried it. Good luck! I have less issues with bingeing if I stay away from simple carbs.

@Cornanda Why thank you, I think you’re amazing! Huge hug, I can’t imagine how hard things with your mom is for you and your family.

@micaroo4 Hahaha, I understand the rant! I’m glad you had fun despite the electric bikes! I’ve never been on an electric one so I can’t compare the two but agree about no bike etiquette if one’s never riden one.
    Go Mission Slimpossibles in 3rd place for the last week!

@txcritter69 @DebJB30 @vegan4lyfe2012 Great job top winners!

@mkksemail LOL go with those Midnight squats, getting it DONE! Love the 3 Me discussion!

@mareeya88 You’re doing great!

Hi team! I went to the farm to let in a couple that’s getting community hours in so they could water and we pulled weeds then I dropped seeds off at the Take a Plant stands. One of the stands had a basket with strawberry and green bean seedlings in it then a strawberry planter with labels that they were for the food bank farm for me to pick up (I'd asked which stands had small envelopes for seeds since I have no little ones and was dropping off sandwich bags). The manager hadn’t gotten back to me about if we could use them so I’d told her not to worry about it but she had them all wrapped with plastic, I couldn’t leave them and hurt her feelings it was so sweet so if we can’t have them at the farm I’ll grow them at my house and take berries in. Green beans we can get in with our other beans I’m sure. Not much else is up, I made Skinnytaste’s Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball which I love and it was great. Worn out and headed back to read.

No Zero Days- healthy food, good workout, great water
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Im so sorry to hear about your husband! Thinking positive thoughts and praying for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself too! ❤️❤️
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »
    Please pray for my husband. He was in a severe biking accident and is in critical condition. I don’t know the hospital. It’s new.

(((((((((( @AmbersWay !!! )))))))))
    🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Prayers coming your way 😟😞
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay I'm so sorry. Praying for your husband. Sending strength and good wishes to you and your family. <3
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @ambersway- So sorry to hear about your husband. I will pray for you and for him.
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WI: Monday
    PW: 139
    CW: 140.4

(Too much food this weekend.)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 @megnolia82 - Yes- it was Never Binge again by Glen Livingston. You can get a free eBook on his website. I believe he also podcasts and does Youtube videos. And there's a FB page- I don't really find it helpful and will probably leave soon. I agree that the inner pig idea was a bit bothersome, but the author is spot on when he describes things your brain will say to you to get you to eat.

We also worked through this book together in this group:https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solution-Train-Person/dp/0848732758 I took lots of notes and there were good insights in there. Might be time to pull that one back out.

I really like Mica's idea about the journal. I need to do more journaling. I often learn things when I do, but tend to not make time for it.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for 3rd place in both percentage and pounds! A special shoutout to @txcritter69 @DebJB30 @vegan4lyfe2012 for leading the way!!!

@tammymccrady6278 @askewcr @19shmoo69 @Sleepygirl79 @mareeya88 Congrats on the losses!

@Brigit02 Thanks! It was amazing! I'm glad you are having good weather. Wow, what nice elephant ears, they do look like elephant ears!

@mkksemail It was really good. Congrats on your new air fryer! I used fresh garlic but I did use garic paste from the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store, I didn't buy it specifically for this recipe, I use the tube of ginger paste whenever a recipe calls for fresh ginger as I hate to mince/prepare fresh ginger lol. I think you could definitely sub in ground ginger for the paste. I hope this helps! I'm glad the colonoscopy turned out okay. That must have been scary to get the positive Cologuard result. For the breakfast sandwiches, when I took the sandwich out of the freezer (still in the aluminum foil), I just put the whole thing in the oven at 400F for about 20 mins because I don't have a toaster. If I did, I might have toasted it first. Protein powder: I do like it, I have some. That's a good idea to put it in your coffee. I'm so addicted to coffee lol, I don't think I could ever give it up! :D That's good to know about hte 20-30g of protein within a 2-hr window. Thanks for the info! Thank you re: the steps and the photos. Thanks for the gentle nudge about the squats. When I recover from Comic-Con, I plan on starting to do some. You are doing great!

@Katmary71 Thank you! It was a lot of fun. That's a good way to get volunteers, I hope it works. I love summer fruit! I think the book you are asking about was Never Binge Again (see below). I still have to make that giant meatball lol. Good job with your no zeros!

@AmbersWay I'm so sorry about your husband's accident. I will be thinking of your family and you today.

@txcritter69 Thank you! I'm sorry about your rough week. I hope it gets better. The heat probably doesn't help your mood, does it?

@megnolia82 I'm sorry you are struggling. I find myself at that point here and there. Here a couple of books I've read:

I loved this one: Healthy as *kitten*: The Habits You Need to Get Lean, Stay Healthy, and Kick *kitten* at Life https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Habits-Need-Lean-Stay/dp/1492693863/

Never Binge Again(tm): Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person. Stop Overeating and Binge Eating and Stick to the Food Plan of Your Choice! (he's got about 3 or 4 different books if you like that one) https://www.amazon.com/Never-Binge-Again-Permanently-Overeating/dp/151516294X/

@Cornanda It was really fun! Thank you so much for your support. It must be tough to handle the Alzheimers and I would probably try to do what you do as well. Have a good week!

Hi all. I'm still recovering from all the walking, the sides of my hips hurt more than my knee. I ordered a bathing suit, I'm going to start water aerobics sometime this next weekend. My husband suggested I get a continuous blood glucose monitor to see what the food I eat is doing to my blood sugar so I found a brand new one on FB marketplace and got it. I will start using it within the next few days. Has anyone ever looked at their levels with one? I also looked into the Zoe test (https://joinzoe.com/) which looks at your blood sugar levels, microbiome etc it looks good but I will try this first. Have a good day, everyone. Here's my steps total for the days I was at Comic-Con...

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

d5pr7xjvshe5.jpg
    0l1o92xwtt6u.jpg
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 161.2

I hope it’s ok that I put this here a bit late - I completely forget yesterday. 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay I am so sorry that your husband was in an accident. You and your family will be in my prayers.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - this is a zero calorie tea that is absolutely sweet and delicious.

Good Earth Herbal & Black Tea, Sweet & Spicy, 18 Count (Pack of 6) (Packaging May Vary) https://a.co/d/3smoPFb

I don’t know if it would be considered as breaking a strict fast or not. I practice a sort of modified form of fasting just by waiting until 11am or 12pm to start eating and this tea helps me do that. My understanding of the research is that IF is successful due to the calorie restriction it causes, not the actual mechanism of the fast. In other words, having a creamer in your coffee shouldn’t make a difference. But I realize that may not matter your relationship. {{HUGS}}

@megnolia82 I have heard great things recently about this book:
    Words to Eat By:
    Using the Power of Self-talk to Transform Your Relationship with Food and Your Body https://a.co/d/gywwr9U
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Hubby and I are going on a impromptu camping trip for the rest of the week.

We definitely need to get away for a while.

@broncobuddee I need to skip weigh in this week. I won't have any cell service.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - Praying for you and your husband!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry to hear about your husband’s accident, prayers for him! Wow I’m glad the embassy is helping and he’s coming home, we’re here if you need us and we’ll pray and send healing vibes.

@Cornanda I hope you decide to journal then, I’m not the best at it either but feel the same that I gain from it. I remember the workbook discussions were really good.

@trooworld Water aerobics sound fun, I can’t wait to hear how you like it. I hope the soreness goes away fast, it sounds like such a cool event I’m sure you have no regrets, great steps too! The BGM score was a great idea, I never thought of getting one second-hand but that’s smart. I’ve never had one but it sounds like a good one.

@DebJB30 I love that tea, it’s what I used the most when I was making kombucha at home. It IS sweet, I don’t recall if it has stevia in it or if the sweetness is from the cinnamon.

@DrewsAnna Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like just what you need!

Hi friends. I’m a little worn out from the last week so I’m taking it easy today, I did work out and ran some errands earlier. I’m working on the basil tomorrow morning which is mixed in with the tomato plants so I’ll have to wear long sleeves and pants to avoid rashes, hopefully I’ll be done by the time it’s over 90 degrees.

No Zero Days- great workout, good water, healthy food.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - hugs! prayers!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »

Thank you all for the support. He’s really in bad shape. I can’t even describe it. I will be away while figuring out what to do. Med vac to home country, change to the American hospital here, stay put for now. I just don’t know. Thankfully his embassy is managing a lot of things now.

omgoodness @AmbersWay . Praying for you guys
  • mkksemail
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @mkksemail So glad nothing was found with the colonoscopy! That’s a good gap before the next one thank goodness! I recommended the protein powder in coffee and my friend tried banana and posted how gross it was on here, why she did banana is beyond me. I never thought of doing it in tea, I’d imagine vanilla would be real good that way. I was doing the protein in coffee when I was eating more vegetarian. Grocery Outlet had the vanilla Orgain on sale for $15 but I prefer chocolate, wish it was this week so I could try it in tea! I know with fasting you’re not supposed to have calories with coffee if I understand it correctly. Boy vanilla in chai tea would be awesome! I gave you an “inspiring” for that! Your comment about cat litter is funny, with my nerve damage and legs hurting that’s when I really need to squat instead of bending over so I get that!
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @mkksemail LOL go with those Midnight squats, getting it DONE! Love the 3 Me discussion!

Thx @Katmary71 :) And, lol & thanks, x two! :)
    The vanilla IS good in tea, and I bet it would be fabulous with chai! I've used vanilla, chocolate, pb, and chocolate pb in my morning 'protein tea'. I like them all :). This time, I got new flavors, but I haven't tried them yet. There is strawberries and cream, chocolate coconut, horchata, and iced latte flavors (iced coffee? iced latte? can't remember just now). $15 is a great price, btw !!! Better than the Amazon Prime prices!

- mk :)
  • mkksemail
    Options

Got most of last week’s gain off again. Let’s see if I can keep it going in the right direction.
    WTG @sleepygirl79 !!
This discussion has been closed.