Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I would love to have Friday

@AmbersWay I'm glad he doesn't need surgery and that's he's getting the care he needs!
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »
    Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

My husband has fractured 7ribs mostly posterior and 1 anterior, scapula and C3.

He’s up and moving some and more talkative. Fracture his top anterior rib has affected his face. He has a thoracic tube and it’s not pretty. He’s banged up but nothing requiring stitches.

We had to transfer him to another hospital and thankfully we did, the care is night and day difference.

So far they’ve ruled out surgery. Now hoping it heals well on its own.

I’m trying to get steps in and eat decently. But can’t do catch up. Im still here though.

Take care and power on everyone 🙌🏻

Thank God your husband is talkative. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sending good wishes for a fast recovery. 🦋🦋🦋
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @trooworld- Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the layoffs. I hope you don't get too sick either. Will be thinking of you.

@ambersway- that's great news! Will keep praying for you.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - your report sounds like a bit of good news. You and your husband remain in my prayers.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I would love to have Friday

@AmbersWay I'm glad he doesn't need surgery and that's he's getting the care he needs!

@bethanie0825 Sorry - forgot to ask for starting weight, too, at your convenience.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @SatanLuciferJones LOL @micaroo4 said it perfectly about not being sure if I should welcome Satan Lucifer to our group but figured there was a story there! Happy 43 birthday, I hope you stick around too so on your 44th birthday we can talk about how far you’ve come.

@19shmoo69 I hope it goes well for you.

@trooworld I hadn’t realized BGM could be used on animals, I’m going to tell a friend of mine whose cat was just diagnosed with diabetes. I hope you don’t get either C, take good care and hope you’re over it soon! Wow that’s a lot of coworkers to lose at once, I’m sorry to hear that. I’m glad you’re still prediabetic vs diabetic. Glad premium is going well!

@txcritter69 Your garden is looking great, love all the aqua!

@tfelts147 Yes you DO!

@AmbersWay Continued prayers for you and your husband. I’m glad he’s more talkative and moving now and hope for a full recovery.

Hi team. Didn’t get much sleep but got a lot done today, finished my work, fertilized and spread worm compost in all the veggies, stacked up burnt fence pieces, and got the fire report. A woman called the charity asking for help putting her flowers in pots, she wasn’t expecting another disabled person to help her but we hit it off on the phone so I’m looking forward to it tomorrow. Have a great Friday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Welp, no diet change. The other plan would actually cost more for food. I'll have too......
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.. Another new member is joining your amazing team.... Please welcome @teresasf :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122.0
    CW (Current Weight): 123.6

I'm weighing in a day early because I'm going to be away overnight and I won't have a scale in the morning. This gain is a good thing... I am trying to get back to my goal range of 127-133.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 234.2
    CW: 232.8

-1.4 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Great! I hope that space works out for your cucumbers. That's so cool you are growing cantaloupe!

@tfelts147 It's data...learn and move on. You do have this!

@AmbersWay Your poor husband! Take care of yourself, too. I hope he continues to not need surgery. HUGS.

@Cornanda Thank you. It was so devastating, we lost so much talent and knowledge...things that can't be done by anyone else. I don't understand how they chose who they chose. I'm surprised I wasn't in the lot. I think I'm not getting sick, I think it's just allergies, thank you so much. How are you doing? Are you still struggling?

@Katmary71 Yeah, I didn't either. Apparently, it can be! I think it's just allergies. I took a Claritin and it helped some. Yeah, 37% of the staff is devastating for us. We lost important people, good people, our friends. Yeah, prediabetic, I still have a fighting chance to beat it! I hope the flower pot planting goes well with the new lady.

@19shmoo69 That's too bad. I know you will figure something out.

@teresasf A big welcome to you! I'm glad you are here.

Hi all. Well, the scale is going in the right direction. I cut out coffee creamer and have been tracking my food. We also didn't eat out this week. As for my blood sugar levels, last night at 7 pm, they were 160 mg/dL. That was after dinner, and I had a rum punch. That's in the prediabetic range. I may try to go to water aerobics tonight, I don't know. Here's my favorite hummus recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14830/hummus-iii/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 239
    CW: 239
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld I hope so. I need discipline. Uniquely people think overweight people are that way because all we do is eat. One problem is most healthy food double or triple the cost of junk. If your poor or broke you eat what you can afford. While I'm trying to eat healthy and stay away from junk some times the cost gets to me.

I'll stop I can't remember what I was talking about.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »
    Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.
    My husband has fractured 7ribs mostly posterior and 1 anterior, scapula and C3.

He’s up and moving some and more talkative. Fracture his top anterior rib has affected his face. He has a thoracic tube and it’s not pretty. He’s banged up but nothing requiring stitches.

We had to transfer him to another hospital and thankfully we did, the care is night and day difference.

So far they’ve ruled out surgery. Now hoping it heals well on its own.

I’m trying to get steps in and eat decently. But can’t do catch up. Im still here though.

Take care and power on everyone 🙌🏻[
    /quote]

This sounds like mostly good news, @AmbersWay
    Prayers and hugs still coming your way :pray:

- mk
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @trooworld I hope so. I need discipline. Uniquely people think overweight people are that way because all we do is eat. One problem is most healthy food double or triple the cost of junk. If your poor or broke you eat what you can afford. While I'm trying to eat healthy and stay away from junk some times the cost gets to me.

I'll stop I can't remember what I was talking about.

My phone's news feed is spying on my reading! This popped up in my news feed a couple hours after reading here:

https://fortune.com/2023/07/21/why-healthy-food-so-expensive-in-america-blame-farm-bill-congress-always-renews-make-burgers-cheaper-salad-gene-baur/
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @mkksemail burgers in general aren't unhealthy except for the bread. Bread (or anything )with modern American wheat is unhealthy. The junk is the chips, sweets, veggie oil fried stuff, etc.....all of that stuff is so much cheaper than whole meat and whole veggies.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Bethanie0825
    Friday
    SW - 259.2

Here goes nothing!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 You could probably come up with one on your own, if you’re doing carnivore now but are thinking of something different what about trying Paleo or Keto? Is it more for having structure than what the actual diet is to do a plan? I’m willing to brainstorm with you if you want to bounce ideas off of me. Think about what you can actually stick with for awhile.

@teresasf Hi Teresa, welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

@micaroo4 Hope you’re on a fun overnight adventure!

@trooworld So Chris, if cutting coffee creamer out corresponds with your drop could your husband be right??? Haha I’m just kidding, don’t throw lamps at me or anything. I’m sure not eating out helped a lot. I actually remembered my AllRecipes password to save that, I wish we could pin All Recipe recipes. I think I made yours before and it was really good.

@mkksemail Yeah it did, what the heck?!? I’m curious to read it but don’t want that to pop up on Facebook and Google now too! Creepy.

Hi friends! I got up and worked out then went and helped check drip systems, fertilize, trim, and add extra dirt to a bunch of rose bushes and flowers for about 25 pots (thank goodness I brought my garden stool). The woman was great, she hung out with me and we chatted the whole time and plan to get together again soon. It was interesting she had stage 4 melanoma and had gene therapy that didn’t work so she was sent to hospice expecting to be dead soon. After 6 months she went to the oncologist saying she didn’t feel bad at all and the gene therapy had kicked in later than expected, she’s one of two of his miracle patients and in remission. I’m extremely worn out though and came home and slept for a couple hours. The old farm manager is coming to volunteer tomorrow with us at the farm so I’m looking forward to that, he left to pursue being a climbing instructor and will be working in Yosemite in fall. I was going to start the fall crops at the greenhouse but want to hang out at the farm with everyone instead. Have a great Saturday!
This discussion has been closed.