Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Good afternoon Slims!
    Rich and I took off on a trail ride on the bicycles 🚲 this morning. Beautiful day, beautiful ride. I'm a little disturbed that there are so many more people on electric bikes. To me, that's a motorcycle, and motorized vehicles don't belong on the bike paths. They go too fast. There are walkers using these trails, people with dogs, parents pushing strollers. The electric bikes are zipping along at 20 mph on a dirt trail in 2-way traffic. Risky. One of the electric bike riders was explaining that his bike was just "pedal assist". Sounds innocent, but I was behind him for quite a ways, and I could count on one hand the number of times he actually turned the pedals. It's not bicycling, it's a cheat. And people who never rode a REAL bike have never learned proper bike etiquette. Okay, that's my rant for today. I did have fun. I just wish the trails marked No Motor Vehicles really were just that.

Such an interesting post @micaroo4 ! That was a big issue for years in Acadia National Park on the carriage roads, which were explicitly limited to pedestrians, equestrians, and unpowered bicycles. Some time ago they relaxed the rules, and began allowing some e-bikes on the carriage roads. I always thought it was silly that e-bikes were banned, and thought it was a good thing when they changed the policy, but your post points out really excellent reasons for banning e-bikes!

Well stated, @micaroo4 . Really made me think.

- mk :)
  • mkksemail
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm still recovering from all the walking, the sides of my hips hurt more than my knee. I ordered a bathing suit, I'm going to start water aerobics sometime this next weekend. My husband suggested I get a continuous blood glucose monitor to see what the food I eat is doing to my blood sugar so I found a brand new one on FB marketplace and got it. I will start using it within the next few days. Has anyone ever looked at their levels with one? I also looked into the Zoe test (https://joinzoe.com/) which looks at your blood sugar levels, microbiome etc it looks good but I will try this first. Have a good day, everyone. Here's my steps total for the days I was at Comic-Con...

Which CGM are you trying, @trooworld ? I'm really interested in my husband (T1 diabetic) getting one. He's resistant, for some reason ...

- mk

(WTG on steps! and thx for answers re: recipes :) )
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.. You have 2 new members joining your amazing team for August... Please welcome @SatanLuciferJones and @UTMom81 :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking just save on money I'm going to change nutritional plans.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - tell your DH he doesn't need to police your diet. You are doing just fine with maintaining in your goal range. Butt out.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    ((((((((( @vegan4lyfe2012 ! )))))))))
    🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail Interesting, the chocolate sounds like it would be weird in tea but I bet in something like Trader Joe’s maple espresso tea it would be awesome. I’ve done the latte flavored one before in coffee and it was pretty good. I’ve switched to plant-based creamers which aren’t quite as bad as the sugary artificial ones but no real benefit like having some protein. I’ll get that if it goes on sale again to try!

@SatanLuciferJones @UTMom81 Welcome to Misison Slimpossibles! @SatanLuciferJones you HAVE to tell us the background on that handle name.

@19shmoo69 what nutritional plan are you doing’?

@FushiaKat I think you know exactly what you’re doing and have every right to be proud of it. I think along with eating issues many of us have had trouble speaking up for ourselves. Big hug to you.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hugs and prayers for your daughter and family. Peace and calm vibes sent your way!

Hi friends. Same stuff here, did my workout then harvested basil, I got super hot in a long-sleeved tee and jeans but got it done. I read there’s a tomato pollen allergy where if you’re allergic to latex and/or grasses your immune system can misinterpret tomato plants as those. Been real tired from nightmares the last couple nights. The guy who owns the lot that burned down the fence seems like he may be willing to work with us thank goodness. Have a great Wednesday!

No Zero Days- good leg/ab strength and stretching then food bank farm. Healthy food and under calories, good water.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Great job on your No Zeroes, @Katmary71 ! I hope you like the ',protein tea' when you get a chance to try it 🤗

Hello, and welcome, @SatanLuciferJones @UTMom81 !

I was new too, last month :)

- mk :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @SatanLuciferJones - I wondered about the name....felt a little reluctant to welcome Satan to the team! But it seems like you are a human after all, so Welcome! I've thought about a desk treadmill, but I envision all manner of horrible accidents. I use a stand up desk at home and at the office. The fact that I'm not sitting is enough to keep me moving...if I'm already standing, walking off to get something or talk to someone takes almost no thought or effort since I'm already on my feet. I'm probably less efficient because I'm standing, but it's worth it to keep more active.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm currently doing carnivore. While I may be healthier but my weight fluctuates too much.
    A few years ago I bought a diet/exercise plan. It really got monotonous. I did see slow progress so I'm going to give it another whirl.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 The scale is going in the right direction, congrats! I love that tea that you recommended, it's my favorite! Thank you! I had forgotten about it as I haven't drank it in quite a while.

@AmbersWay Oh gosh, it all sounds so complicated. I am thinking of you.

@Katmary71 Thanks. I am feeling less sore but now feel like I am getting a cold or the big C word thanks to the convention. Yeah, the BGM was brand-new, someone had it for their dog but never used it, so better for me! Oh gosh, I bet you were hot working at the farm in long sleeves. I hope it went okay.

@mkksemail I got the Freestyle Libre 2 brand-new from someone, unopened, for $80 with one sensor. BUT...I'll tell you, most modern smartphones can function as a reader so there is really no need to get the reader unless your smartphone doesn't have the capability to be the reader. If it does, you can just use the Freestyle Libre 2 app! I didn't know that before buying the reader! Thanks and you are welcome! :D

@SatanLuciferJones @UTMom81 Welcome to the team!!!

@19shmoo69 I get that. It's expensive to try to lose weight. What are you thinking of doing?

@FushiaKat I agree with @micaroo4.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm sorry about Hunter. I hope the treatment helps. I'll be thinking of you guys. HUGS.

@SatanLuciferJones Your handle is hilarious and I love the story.

Hi all. I had to take a break yesterday, on Monday, 5 of my coworkers (37% of our staff!) were laid off. I was so upset and still am. I am glad I'm still there but am sad for my coworkers. I am also not feeling great, I think I am getting sick. I came home early from work yesterday because of both things. I hope today goes better.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld

A few years ago I bought a diet/exercise plan. It really got monotonous. I did see slow progress so I'm going to give it another whirl.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great Thursday, I had my neighbor over for dinner and am buzzed and wiped out so headed to bed. I'll catch up tomorrow after the greenhouse. Keep being awesome!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I hope it goes better this time around. Good luck!

@Katmary71 Sounds like you had fun. :D

Hi all. I hooked up my continuous glucose monitor and it's already revealing good info. One thing, I am still prediabetic. I also signed up for MFP Premium, mostly to be able to track on the website as well as import recipes and timestamp my food entries. I like it so far. I think it will be very helpful for my journey.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Good to see everyone in moving along in this circle of life.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope your daughter is able to get the help she needs. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers

@AmbersWay I am still praying for you and your family

It has been a busy week for me. I finally figured out where to plant my cucumbers. My mini garden is growing.x2qza6gdwp8z.jpg
    1h25fat9icuk.jpg
    Hubby and I built 2 boxes so cucumbers are in one and more cantaloupe is in the other. Still have to add the trellis. This will be the last round of gardening for me this yr. I need to focus on getting my new garden area up and running for next spring. xg2iwxarf8bf.jpg
    I also repainted my tomato box and will be transplanting my 2 tomato plants in to it to say or tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!

• tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Username : tfelts147
    Checkin: Thursday
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 215.4

+1.8 another move in the wrong direction.... I've got this!!
This discussion has been closed.