14th. 3,994
    15th 4,768
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    Steps: 3,544
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 2/4

Low steps yesterday. It’s my daughters birthday and we are going out to breakfast. I have to wait for a delivery this afternoon so no pool today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    c9bg9hdz6yqm.jpg

JULY WEEK 3 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @michaeldaily4927 105,040 steps
    2nd @Hotspur11 86,407 steps
    3rd @miltop53 65,373 steps
    4th @itladyee 62,183 steps
    5th @tahm42 60,175 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 545,794 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 2/7
    @aactuallyaash 0/7
    @itladyee 4/7
    @tahm42 6/7
    @Stacimfit 4/7
    @adianeschu 5/7
    @Hotspur11 6/7
    @Jpedno 1/7
    @michaeldaily4927 7/7
    @miltop53 4/7
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Wednesday
    PW: 264.5
    CW: 261.8
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Wednesday

Yes!!🎉🎉
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    We lost our 17 1/2 year old tortise shell calico cat last night ... My daughter and I cried pretty much all night long...I have such a headache... Kylie my 18 year old calico cat isn't doing well .. I think she will be next :'(

I used to work veterinary internal med and I would struggle when trying to find the right words to say to a client who just lost their little loved one. I struggled to find comfort in anything when I have lost mine. Then, I came across this quote and it's meant a lot to me-

We who choose to surround ourselves
    with lives even more temporary than our
    own, live within a fragile circle;
    easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps,
    we would still live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only
    certain immortality, never fully
    understanding the necessary plan.
    -Irving Townsend

Thinking of you, my friend.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    SW 388.6
    PW 218
    CW 217.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    We lost our 17 1/2 year old tortise shell calico cat last night ... My daughter and I cried pretty much all night long...I have such a headache... Kylie my 18 year old calico cat isn't doing well .. I think she will be next :'(

Sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are always hard to lose.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Wednesday

Fantastic loss!
    whitfcan wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

SW: 166 lbs
    PW:161 lbs
    CW: 160 lbs

Very pleased with my progress!☺💫🎊

Congrats on the loss. You should be pleased.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,731
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 2/4

I am super tired today. My 10 year old granddaughter is over for a few days. We had a late night last night. As much as I don’t want to we are going to the pool soon.

Have a great Thursday!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry Megan. It's so bloody hard.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss. I also had a loss this week. I'll share shortly....
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options
    Daily Goals
    - Eating only at Hunger Level 3:
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) :
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill:

- THOUGHTS:
    Tuesday was not a good day for me.

We picked up Yoda (my 14 year old Puggle) from boarding Thursday evening. He didn't eat much then but he normally has an adjustment period after coming home. I really didn't pay attention on Friday as I was at work and my husband couldn't recall if he was "different" then.

Saturday - I put down food and took him out and noticed that he had not eaten his food. Unheard of for my dog! But he was drinking water like crazy...so much that I had to take the bowl away. And as you can guess, with all the water came the need to pee, and not always outside. Sunday, it was more of the same. We brough his puppy crate upstairs and started to crate him when we couldn't be right by his side.

Monday - I called the vet but they said they couldn't see him until Tuesday. Monday was the same and Tuesday seemed a bit better but...still not normal.

Long story short.

Yoda was diagnosed with having diabetes complicated by Keto acidosis, which is fatal in dogs.

Options presented:

A. Transfer to 24 hour facility to give him short term acting insulin and then we would need to continue with giving him injections twice a day once he's stabilized.

In 5 to 6 months he's probably be blind. The initial cost $5,000 - not including ongoing cost

B. Do nothing - He would probably die in a couple of days

C. Euthanize him - put him to sleep, today

It was a difficult decision but he was 14 years old and pretty much at his max.

I didn't want him to suffer or die at home.

I chose option C

I told them I would come and get him at 3:00 to spend some time with him and then we would be back at 4.

My husband drove me and I had him stop by McDonalds and got a cheese burger and fries for Yoda. I brought water and his bowl from home.

I wished I had brought more water and a blanket for him.

Went in to get him and when we were going outside, he still remembered to stop for a treat... (that's my Yoda).

We sat outside and he actually ate the people food. He wouldn't eat his food but treats and people food were acceptable!

The tough part - other than watching him be super thirsty and constantly peeing...he still seemed like normal Yoda. It's so much easier (keeping things in context) when they are lethargic and in obvious pain. He clearly was not.

The doctor assured me that in this case, we were making the best decision for Yoda.

So...it happened.

Very sad. The house seems so empty.

Here's a couple of pictures

The first one is one of his last shenanigans a couple of months ago. I was cleaning and through away some close hangers. He went dumpster diving. This is what I was greeting with when I returned from an errand. Scared me and I thought something was really wrong. The second one is one of his puppy pictures.

1lrz1nrthbci.jpg

zkr54tnnpia8.jpg

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

7/16 2,225
    7/17 7,708
    7/18 8,400
    7/19 7,017
    7/20
    7/21
    7/22

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 212.7 6/30/2023
    7/7 - 213.7 Vacation start
    7/14 214.0 Vacation End
    7/21
    7/28
    Total
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »

I used to work veterinary internal med and I would struggle when trying to find the right words to say to a client who just lost their little loved one. I struggled to find comfort in anything when I have lost mine. Then, I came across this quote and it's meant a lot to me-

We who choose to surround ourselves
    with lives even more temporary than our
    own, live within a fragile circle;
    easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps,
    we would still live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only
    certain immortality, never fully
    understanding the necessary plan.
    -Irving Townsend

Thinking of you, my friend.

Thank you so much .... I have an 18 year old calico that isn't doing well ... she isn't eating I have been using a syringe to give her water ...Both of my cats have had a good life it is just so devastating when they go
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are always hard to lose.

Thank you Linda ... We buried her yesterday boy do I miss her
This discussion has been closed.