Chat room - what's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quote <3
    In the end I ate more than foreseen, but still within the maintenance calories so it’s like you say it is OK.

@AnnPT77 triathlon ! 🏊🏼‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️

I agree with the faux-meat. I like to use a soy burger from time to time and I sometimes do homemade bean’s patties but overall don’t like all the processed vegan burgers. It’s a shame because then people think they eat healthy but it’s not at all healthy to eat such burgers every day. Where I live in Belgium there’s really no much choice for vegans in restaurants. Only in asiatic restaurant can you find something. It is very like French food, the plate is centred around the meat or the fish and sometimes the vegetables are optional!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    Maya440 wrote: »
    Thank you for the quote <3
    In the end I ate more than foreseen, but still within the maintenance calories so it’s like you say it is OK.

@AnnPT77 triathlon ! 🏊🏼‍♀️🚴🏼‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️

I agree with the faux-meat. I like to use a soy burger from time to time and I sometimes do homemade bean’s patties but overall don’t like all the processed vegan burgers. It’s a shame because then people think they eat healthy but it’s not at all healthy to eat such burgers every day. Where I live in Belgium there’s really no much choice for vegans in restaurants. Only in asiatic restaurant can you find something. It is very like French food, the plate is centred around the meat or the fish and sometimes the vegetables are optional!

Cool - triathlon sounds/looks really fun. Some of my friends do or have done it.

It's not on my personal to-do list because I dislike swimming (I know, weird), and my knees are already seriously compromised (arthritis and torn meniscus) so I don't run unless someone is in danger and I totally must. I do row lots, though - boats when I can, machines when I must; and bike casually - also outdoors on trails when weather permits, stationary during our cold/snowy Winters.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 - agree on the faux meat sentiment/issue. We don't go out to eat that much unless traveling. As a vegetarian, going to Mediterranean, Italian or Indian restaurants gets us away from having a fake burger as one of the limited options. My extended family and friends however love going to the local breweries wherever we travel to, so sigh, I've eaten my fair share of Impossible burgers and cheese pizzas.
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 901 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Some of the recent faux options are also loaded with saturated fat….

I admit that I love certain older options, including gardein, lightlife fake bacon, and fieldroast vegan sausages. Impossible brand is too realistic for me and does not taste good to me. More recently I’ve completely cut out faux products, since they’re easy to overeat on and not that healthy…

Tofu is easy to get here, but good tempeh has become hard to find and there are few options for seitan…
  • Maya440
    Options
    I have never tried the “impossible” brand. Heard about it of course.
    I am not sure it is available in Belgium. In any case it would certainly be strange to eat something that really tastes like meat 🤢
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,454 Member
    Options
    llkid3mwd44b.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    svi1sqvaklee.jpg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    I love the shower meditation! A few years ago I did a mindfulness-based stress reduction class and one of the exercises was to just stay present in the shower instead of letting the thoughts go where they want to @Marilynsretired

It’s the end of the month. One benefit of eating less and cooking more is that I’m saving quite a bit of money on food. So I decided to buy myself a reward at the end of each month. Last month I splurged on a food processor. This month I ordered custom Chuck Taylor’s for weight training at the gym and a storage box for the food processor blades (already managed to cut myself)…

Do you do anything to reward yourself?
  • Maya440
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hello, I’m back from the trip with my friends
    it was really great and I am tired after 2 evenings partying.

I ate too much, but not surprising. I’m not so good with refraining when enjoying social life.
    I am around 67 kg and I’d like to keep within a range 64-67 so I will use October to try to go back near 66. I’ll probably go for a small calorie deficit but I have to count what I ate on average in September to decide.
    in the summer, it was around 2400 and maintaining or even losing a little bit of weight, but I was really really super active which is not possible in the coming winter months.

@henridw2095 I don’t usually reward with myself. just thinking that I’m doing this for myself, but this is a little bit different from you because you are in the weight lost mindset while I’m in maintenance of course.
    By the way congratulation for being a winner in September!!! wonderful achievement. for me it seems really difficult and I have an easier goal of going under 5 pass days for October.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    m2dmiysp9yen.jpeg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Yep. I made my plan for October
    It will be Sun-Thu 2000kcal/day and Fri-Sat 2500kcal/day.
    ☺️
  • henridw2095
    Options
    @maya440 - thanks! I think you're doing wonderfully. I also have high standards for myself - often too high to be good for me. This October, I will be focusing on weight loss more than weight training. I am starting physical therapy, so I am not quite sure what to expect - how much homework? how sore will I be? should I continue to lift weights during PT? So I will also try to do more cardio this month. My swim suit will arrive tomorrow and I'm planning to swim a few laps next weekend!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    @maya440 - thanks! I think you're doing wonderfully. I also have high standards for myself - often too high to be good for me. This October, I will be focusing on weight loss more than weight training. I am starting physical therapy, so I am not quite sure what to expect - how much homework? how sore will I be? should I continue to lift weights during PT? So I will also try to do more cardio this month. My swim suit will arrive tomorrow and I'm planning to swim a few laps next weekend!

Your physical therapist should give you guidance on the bolded.

I've been through multiple rounds of physical therapy for various things. (I'm 67, didn't start being routinely active until my late 40s, the activity I enjoy most (so do more) is unbalanced in muscular challenge, I have some post-mastectomy/radiation scar tissue . . . so stuff goes wrong sometimes. PT is a big help!

I don't know what your challenge is (leading to the PT). Often my PT has focused on retraining recruitment of muscle groups that tend not to kick in as much as they should. Much of those exercises tend to be not so much soreness-inducing as mentally (kinesthetically) challenging. Your situation may vary, though.
  • henridw2095
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Thanks @AnnPT77 - yes I’m expecting guidance and more info at the first session on Tuesday and will adjust my plans accordingly. I have some tightness and weakness in one hip (several muscles involved) and very flexible elbows/shoulders. The PT is more preemptive to prevent injury as I start exercising more. These are physical quirks that have both led to injury in the past…I also find it very helpful to address any issues before they cause real problems and to get feedback on exercises that might cause trouble.

Sorry to hear about your health challenges and glad you’re doing so well! I had a thyroidectomy earlier this year, giving me a rather itchy scar as well. The main reason I started working out and dieting is to deal with tingling and numbness I started having in hands and feet after the surgery, it’s still going on and was quite scary initially, but improving lots…
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    96yge9fjte22.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Wow new swimsuit 😍
    Let me know how the swim goes !!

Today was a good healthy day and as @Marilynsretired says, focused on veggies and fruits 🫐🍈🥕
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    4bkriu53wv6j.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Even if you stop before arriving
    By setting your goals higher
    You will arrive farther
    😊
  • Marilynsretired