Chat room - what's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I’m not old, but I feel that today I was a little bit weak 😂
    It’s 2 days in a row that I eat way too much snacks in between meals and go over to goal I set for myself
    I want to do better and not immediately drop off the slide caloric deficit I wanted to create. back to work !
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,454 Member
    Options
    8074bb7y068s.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Doing ok so far 😊
    It is Friday I have a bigger budget so it is also easier but still.

Tomorrow afternoon I run a race. Trail running in Munster, France. 22km 1000D+
    That is gonna be hard but also beautiful and the way to feeeeeel my body, my strength, be proud.
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @Maya440 good luck with your race

Due to our visitor we’re mostly eating out until Saturday…it’s a challenge, but I’ve been doing well…also have more calories planned today and think it will be ok, lots of walking too.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    yiu65n2xjipw.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    6ja3c6bg2g7s.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Hello !
    I hope everyone is doing well. I had a race this weekend and now I’m in rest break for 10 days, that’s not something I’m used to.
    I hope I won’t eat too much compared to what I am actually burning (which is less than usual). I would like to go back within my maintenance weight range. I am slightly over so I’d like to lose 1 kg or maybe 1.5 kg until Christmas time. I think this is feasible, but I just need to have a slight calorie deficit again, and I’m a little bit scared about that.

I listened to a great podcast yesterday in the car and it was about “what is your goal and are you committed to it”
    well my goal is to go back into maintenance weight range and yes I’m committed so I will not make it last forever
    GO ME 💪

I don’t work today but I have a lot of chore’s at home and I need to work for my triathlon club (I’m volunteering there).
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    miikzczidt15.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    t8qjgg25ocxe.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Ahah love that one.
    Happy Wednesday you all !
    8rs8g9yp4z66.png
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    jap0mcsdu3s8.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    a6mcrns7d9n1.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    I like that one. It is true and often forgotten.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    sipad0dmkb70.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well ? How is your « own weather » this weekend ?
    I am in for a little chat 😊

Yesterday we had a party for my husband’s birthday. Libanese food it was good but quite fatty. And we definitively didn’t sleep enough. I am also at 7 days rest period and I feel the need to move my body. Both of these facts make me feel not so great and fit tonight. Tomorrow I will go for a swim.

I have enjoyed planning my winter season this week, sport wise. Integrating strength training session at least twice a week (compared to only 30’/week during spring and summer times).

I have to check the kids clothes… they have grown a lot and maybe they need things. Not really looking forward to do that but needs to be done.

And you ? What’s up ?
  • henridw2095
    Options
    Here the weather is cold and rainy…I had a vegetable sheet pan for lunch, will have a nap now and later go for a haircut 🥱. Not sure what’s for dinner. I need to work today but am not feeling like it 😞…
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    Cool and rainy here, too.

My main summer activity is on-water rowing, and we're running out of summer pretty fast. Yesterday's and today's scheduled rows got rained out (plus some other weather and logistical stuff), one of the first time's that's happened twice in a week all season. Sigh! Hoping for favorable weather on Monday.

So, yesterday I did nothing, exercise-wise. I've been quite active for around 20 years (even while obese), long enough to know my customary patterns. Every year, I tend to go through a period of denial and under-activity as the on-water rowing (and outdoor biking) seasons peter out. Eventually, I snap out of it, and start into the Winter routine of machine rowing, stationary bike, and usually some strength training. (I don't enjoy strength training, irrationally tend to drag my feet especially much with that.)

We'll see if I get my act together to do something indoors/active today. Given the familiar pattern, I don't stress too much during the doldrums phase. I know I'll snap out of it. For me, that's one of the benefits of being pretty active for a couple of decades: If I slack off for more than a few days, I start feeling actively unpleasant, as in moody, stiff, stressed. That alone will get me going eventually - or it has every year for a long time now.

Food chat: I mostly eat basic foods (vs. "food products"), but do use convenience foods that are equivalent ingredient-wise to what I'd fix at home from scratch. Lately, as part of a quick meal, I've been enjoying some frozen "Root Vegetable Hash Browns" - pre-grated frozen organic Yukon Gold potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Those were part of dinner last night.

Tonight, I dunno. I've got some roasted eggplant in the fridge I should use up, and an open package of tempeh. Those'll probably figure in lunch/dinner somewhere. (Breakfast was fancied-up oatmeal. I love my oatmeal. ;) )

Hoping everyone's having a pleasant weekend!
  • Maya440
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Oh Eva new haircut ! could we have a picture?

Ann I see, we are the same, sport is part of my identity : after seven days of inactivity. I was so happy to swim this morning. No I’m feeling refreshed and better in my body.

I wanted to do the mapo tofu tonight, but went to my asian market yesterday and could not find the important ingredients. I don’t think I will find them easily. Disappointing. I have already drained the tofu and I think I will simply marinate it with tamari maple syrup and spices, I will make sushi rice (kids love it) and probably a mushroom casserole and some grated carrots.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    dcrsxzangrze.jpg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    Maya, so sorry about the mapo tofu failure…not sure about posting pictures on MFP with face recognition becoming so advanced. Not that I’m concerned about you personally. I’ll let you know if I post one in my profile, I understand it’s nice to put a face to the people you chat with!

I procrastinated a lot this weekend, i was supposed to read something for work, but haven’t started yet. Oh well. Today I went to the gym at least. I also got groceries for a few dishes.