• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,454 Member
    Options
    px6ip4qqzs4l.jpg
  • Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi @Marilynsretired
    If I remember correctly, today is your surgery day.
    I hope it goes well.
    Best wishes :)
  • Marilynsretired
    edited October 2023
    Options
    getting ready to go to the hospital will have surgery this afternoon praying everything will go well and can be home before bed tonight
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    b5gvgrpuhhhx.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    @Marilynsretired - Sending you wishes for best possible surgical outcome and speedy recovery!
  • Maya440
    Options
    @Marilynsretired I hope you’re doing ok.

@henridw2095 I read on the UAC discussion that today was not so good. That’s ok ! It can happen. Do you have ways to feel better ? I like to journal all my thoughts and I have a registered podcats episode from the brain over binge serie about post b8nge brain. Don’t try to compensate tomorrow 😉 and let us know how you’re doing.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Home from surgery - it went well now to wait till it heals to see if it will work for dialysis - praying that it will

tqc0bizkmk2u.jpg
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @Marilynsretired glad to hear that the surgery went well and rooting for the desired outcome 🫂.

@Maya440 thanks! Definitely feeling better today. In theory I have tools, in reality I’m not great at using them. I will check out the podcast. Exercising helps stabilize my moods too. This month, I’m a bit confused, because I started PT, which made me question other workouts I do. But reminding myself that I just restarted three months ago and it will take time to figure out what works in the long run.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    pzkoslixjorx.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    Yeah Marilyn ! Happy it went well. Let us know how it goes.

I think sometimes we want to control everything and it is worse than just going with the flow. That’s alright if starting PT you changed the rest of your routine. Do what feels good. Not especially what you think is good.
    It takes commitment to actually use the tools and not passively listening to podcats or books.
    I still have daily reminders on my phone.
    I made one per day during 1 month when I was following the brain over binge course and they repeat themselves every month. It’s homemade. Small sentences that resonate with me. Today was « don’t take old highway’s »
  • Maya440
    Options
    Hello all,
    I hope you have good plans for today.
    This morning I have to work a little bit for work, do chores, prepare for the holidays (we are leaving tomorrow afternoon). This afternoon strength session. Tonight will be resting evening with my son, it will only be the 2 of us, my husband has hockey training and my other son will be at a friend's house.

When I have such an easy evening I simply make steamed veggies and potatoes usually. Sometimes rice.
    Therefore I made a more consistent breakfast, hum ;)
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    lbp0z3p20oz1.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    m4hifo8xbml8.jpg
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Sam, I've just joined the group and caught up on the chat. I resonate with much of what Maya & Eva say, perhaps because we're of a similar age/weight and facing the same body battles! I feel I eat pretty healthy options but my portion sizes are probably what's pushing my weight up, I'm hopeful that logging daily again will remind me not to overload my plate!

Hope your recovery is going well Marilyn and like your last message, your inner strength will pull you through! You have some great inspirational posts.

Well, it's Saturday morning & day one of re-embracing a lifestyle change. I've become quite sedentary recently, due to increased workload (desk job) and my aging dog who walks at a snails pace means my daily walks now feel like daily shuffles!

I used to do yoga and walking workouts daily. I stopped when I had joint issues and haven't restarted. That will change today! I'm going to put a YouTube video on and get a workout done before breakfast everyday this week and see how I get on. I used to prefer an evening workout but now feel like once I start my normal day, so much stuff gets in the way of exercise. So maybe starting off with exercise will give me less obstructions and excuses!

Have a great day everyone!
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam, welcome to the group! I just sent you a friend request. My diary is open 95% of the time, I only close it when I’m momentarily embarrassed 🙈.

I was in a similar spot at the beginning of August, when I started to work out and track my diet. Being middle aged and having more responsibilities makes it harder than being 32 (the last time I lost weight). My stress levels are higher, time is more limited, and I’m often pretty tired in the evening. I am also having to be a bit more careful with my body. I used to do a lot of yoga, but stopped after busting my rotator cuff twice in 5 years, in incidents unrelated to yoga. Currently I go to the gym and lift weight three times a week. Still feeling out what feels good and what will stick long term: it will be some mix of weight lifting, jogging, swimming, yoga, and maybe going to try pilates. While I enjoy all of these, I currently don’t have a lot if time, so I’ll have to pick among them. I also exercise when I can, right now, it’s after work and on the weekends. I’m down 10 pounds and am less jiggly, so making progress.

@Marilynsretired I hope you’re recovering and am keeping you in my thoughts 🫂🫂🫂.

• Curvykinkycurls
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! I know what you mean about sharing diaries, I'm as honest as possible with it - I'm 45 too and got to the point where I realise none of us are perfect & if I have a rubbish day then I'm still happy to log it and move on. MFP is my only method of accountability as I both work & workout from home only.

I'm convinced the peri-meni is doing a number on our joints & really hope it's something that mends over time. My wrists, knees, toes and ankles feel like they're 90 yrs old at times!

My last big push for weight loss was for my 40th & I worked out twice daily and felt great. I couldn't sustain that when we moved house though and DIY renovations took over, followed by the lockdowns. However......I absolutely LOVE loads of the clothes I bought during that period and I'm determined to get back into them! I'm about 150lb at the mo, hopeful to get back to 135-140lb. Doesn't sound much but it takes longer to shift these days hey?!!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    2zltmm8krts9.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    @Curvykinkycurls, I hope you may find - as I definitely did - that losing weight does reduce joint pain. Even small losses can help, though it takes a bit of time for the effect of the reduced impact/stress to kick in.

Also, unless a person knows all is well, I'd encourage anyone experiencing joint stiffness as years roll on to ask their doctor for a thyroid test. My severe hypothyroidism's first symptoms were joint stiffness and flagging energy.

I also find that the stronger and more active I can be - while avoiding actual injury - the less joint pain I have, though there again progress has been gradual. Possibly it's because the muscles better support the joints? I don't know. In many ways, I actually feel physically younger now at 67 than I did at 45, honestly.
  • Red_B1rd
    Red_B1rd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 -- Oof, I totally agree. The faux meat does not taste very good in my estimation, I'd much rather have a straight veg option. It's interesting you picked up on the trend in restaurants--I hadn't thought about that.
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Options
    That's a really good point @AnnPT77 - my mum has thyroid issues but I'd chalked joint pain entirely down to my age/menopause. It's a good shout to get tested as so many of the symptoms are the same & I have weight gain/brain fog/palpitations, so now you mention it, its worth the blood test, thanks!

It's very inspiring to hear how you turned your life/diet/body composition around in your late 40s by the way. Having started yesterday feeling bleugh with no energy, it really made me feel like it was totally possible to start again. A good old kick up the bum!! Haha 😄 We all need one from time to time!