Chat room - what's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    That’s ok. I understand you can feel uncomfortable about the picture.
    I hope you master the courage to read this week.

On my side, I did read a lot yesterday a whole book actually about 200 pages it was given by my mother-in-law and the story was really hard and beautiful. I started another book in the evening, but this time a very light romance it’s only six hours of listening so I will finish it this week.
    I read a lot both paper books and audiobooks. It’s one of my preferred activities and when it’s audiobooks either I do chores in the house or I do cross stitch.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,452 Member
    Options
    om3ql2uesn85.jpg
  • Maya440
    Options
    The romance is exactly what I needed. Light and funny.

I ate way too much today. I am frustrated because I intented to go back into my maintenance range in October but I am rather going in the other direction.

I was also a little bit stressed today. Not about food but about menstruation. I am usually a real clock, every 26 days there they are (not using any contraception). But yesterday was my ovulation day and since yesterday I bleed. It is half the time. I don’t understand. I look into it and it seems it can happen but it’s a first for me. It is very annoying that my body is doing something I don’t understand. Could not sleep well last night. I hope tomorrow it is finished and back to normal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Maya440 wrote: »
    The romance is exactly what I needed. Light and funny.

I ate way too much today. I am frustrated because I intented to go back into my maintenance range in October but I am rather going in the other direction.

I was also a little bit stressed today. Not about food but about menstruation. I am usually a real clock, every 26 days there they are (not using any contraception). But yesterday was my ovulation day and since yesterday I bleed. It is half the time. I don’t understand. I look into it and it seems it can happen but it’s a first for me. It is very annoying that my body is doing something I don’t understand. Could not sleep well last night. I hope tomorrow it is finished and back to normal.

I can understand that being worrisome. I don't know that it's any consolation, but pre-menopause, I tended to be very regular too . . . except for a couple of times when there was breakthrough bleeding or an unusually long interval. In the later case, I thought I might be pregnant, but I wasn't. There was no obvious medical reason for either kind of anomaly, nor any particular identifiable lifestyle change that correlated with the occurrences. It just happened a very small number of times, and mostly didn't.

I hope it turns out to be a random anomaly for you, too. If breakthrough happens off schedule again, though, I'd suggest visiting your doctor if possible . . . for reassurance, if nothing else.

Hugs!
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    @Maya440 Menstrual cycles can be affected by many things - I just heard from someone else who has half-time bleeding depending on her weight. It might be related to exercise in your case? My own cycle has changed several times over the years, but I agree it’s something to bring up with your gynecologist, especially if it’s worrying you (extra bleeding could also bring on anemia, something to watch especially as a vegetarian). My own periods have become a bit less regular in the last year (I’m 45)…most likely started peri-menopause. Dieting or that has also triggered PMS for a few days, which is driving me nuts, since my period was always a non-event for me in terms of pain and mood.
  • henridw2095
    Options
    I’m super frustrated as well - this month is stressful at work (lots of useless activities that waste time I need for other work) and I have a few work dinners and lunches I can’t get out of. Stressing about diet makes it worse too…one untracked and overeaten meal is not going to derail me, unless it starts a cascade of overeating due to already being over or guessing calories (yesterday it did).
  • Maya440
    Options
    Thank you both for your kind words.
    It is not finished yet but I am less stressed than yesterday. I will turn 40 in December so it seems early for pre-menopause.
    I did a hard trail run at the very beginning of this cycle. Maybe that’s that. I have not seen a gynaecologist for about a year (mine has moved and I need to find a new one), it is a good reminder that I should make an appointment.

Food wise yesterday was not good and I intend to make today ok without compensating.
    Eva, we are in this together. One bad day (like mine yesterday) or one bad meal (like your work event) doesn’t mean we cannot continue in the direction We want!

We can do it !
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    The surgery I had on my right arm re a fistquala for getting ready for dialysis plus the 2nd one to help open the vessels larger has failed. Started this procedure back in May - so this coming Monday I am back in the hospital to start all over only on the other arm. If this new operation does not work not sure what the option will be other than them having to put in a line through the neck which is not the best due to infection possibilities. As my kidney funtion last week read out at 10 it is concerning as this puts me in Stage 5 of Kidney failure.

Food wise = last 2 days have done pretty good re no salt, no sugar and 2 L of water. Need to get on the treadmill for at least 5 minutes each day working up to get it to 10 minutes. I have been blessed that 13 months ago they said I would need dialysis before Christmast 2022 and here we are approaching Christmas 2023 and haven't needed it yet - but the numbers are dropping so it will come in time. Not really looking forward to that change as it means 3 days at the hospital each week 5 hours each day to have the diaylsis = really changes a persons lifestyle.

Officially got weighed today - down 1 pound over the last 2 weeks = need to do better than that. But need not be anxious but rather just do what I am told to do in order to have some better health.

7uwjz9lyhk1a.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    @Marilynsretired: I'm beaming strength and well-wishes in your direction. That's a tough path, but it sounds like you're tougher. Virtual hugs!
  • Maya440
    Options
    @Marilynsretired I'm sure the second operation will go well. You have the right vibes and we're with you. Take good care of yourself!
  • Maya440
    Options
    Good day for me so far.
    I am feeling a lot better. Both in my body and in my head.
    This morning my weight was 67,9kg. My maintenance range is 64-67kg.
    I am not panicking !! Just getting back in my good known habits will do.
    If I try to go fast because I am afraid of a stupid number (68 it is) I will have falls back o:)

I went to the shop earlier today and took 15' of fresh air but that's not nearly enough. Maybe I'll go for a short walk after diner or I'll dance in my garden. Nobody can see me !
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    mwx74wop0xr6.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    09kq7nfdb2dv.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    at652hqe7y4r.jpg
  • henridw2095
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Marilynsretired hang in there! Wishing you all the strength you need to get through this!

Sorry I’ve been awol…just tiny dramas in the teacup of my life. I had a deadline for a truly pesky task, but finished today. This month has not been my happiest so far. It’s either fall, the deadline, or the reduced calories so far this month, or all together, but I’ve been feeling a bit down. I’ve decided to eat at maintenance until some time next week, since I’ve already hit my weight loss goal for October. I might take the weight loss slower again in the future and focus on fitness and time/stress management. I was happier when I did it that way.
  • Maya440
    Options
    Hello Eva,
    Settling down in autumn is hard. I am also feeling less energetic and motivated. That's excellent if you have already hit your weight loss goal for October. Because you had some challenges. So congrats.

On my side I had a very nice evening with friends yesterday and today and tomorrow are restful days. Not much foreseen. My dad is coming over for diner but I can cook something simple.
    I am eating too much. I feel it in my body but find it difficult to respect my hunger and satiety cues these days. That's ok if it doesn't last too long... Sometimes I just wish I would not have to worry about it. But then I would worry about the consequences right !?
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    pb0g1so1gzax.jpg
  • henridw2095
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Here’s one for @Marilynsretired - it popped up as I was trying out a social media blocker to reduce time spent on my phone looking at random things.pc3df7vmwdp6.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    @Maya440 Sounds like we have some similar struggles…for me, I just have a “hungry” personality, it’s hard to find the right amount of anything. Whatever I start, I have the tendency to go all out, food, exercise, work… I expect this won’t change anytime soon, but I will try to put better habits and strategies in place.

I’m glad you’re having a good time with friends and family - these times are really important too and make it easier to stick to good habits. I think you’re doing great overall :)
  • Maya440
    Options
    Thanks 😊
    That’s sweet.
    Yes you’re right I am doing good. I am just a perfectionist ahah.