Kinda New

Options
dsenty441
dsenty441 Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I’m 60+ ! I have 10 to lose! I have all off except 3 last summer! Used diff plan! I am very active then get lazy! I do HIIT, keep up with 20-30 yr olds! Though get hungry after exercising. Then mess up on eating. Live alone. Not crazy one to cook. I get Uber hungry then “ Eat the House!” Imagine that! Lol so need support! Have kept 30 off for 7-8 years. I also run. Need help with what foods to eat to make me burn calories. Which plan is best? Don’t do a lot of carbs. Thanks Donna :)

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options
    dsenty441 wrote: »
    Have kept 30 off for 7-8 years.

Donna, first thing out of the gate: You are awesome! Keeping with that 30 lbs loss is a big accomplishment.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    dsenty441 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 60+ ! I have 10 to lose! I have all off except 3 last summer! Used diff plan! I am very active then get lazy! I do HIIT, keep up with 20-30 yr olds! Though get hungry after exercising. Then mess up on eating. Live alone. Not crazy one to cook. I get Uber hungry then “ Eat the House!” Imagine that! Lol so need support! Have kept 30 off for 7-8 years. I also run. Need help with what foods to eat to make me burn calories. Which plan is best? Don’t do a lot of carbs. Thanks Donna :)

There aren't really foods that burn calories. Protein requires a few more calories to digest/metabolize than other macronutrients, but the numerical difference is pretty small in practice.

Besides, we need nutrition other than protein, of course, so realistically we'll eat a mix of macros. (That said, statistics suggest that too many people in our age group don't get adequate protein. It's also more important as we age to spread protein through the day, because we tend not to metabolize it as efficiently as we did when young.

To burn more calories, the best eating strategy is to find what helps keep us full and energetic. The base of that is overall good nutrition, of course: Enough protein, enough fats, plenty of varied, colorful veggies and fruits for micronutrients and fiber.

Beyond that base, different people seem to thrive best on different combinations of foods and nutrients. Experimenting, noticing how I felt, and then trying to correlate how I felt with how I'd eaten over the past day or few: That helped me dial in the routine that works best for me.

Best wishes!