Navigating November!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my cousin came over and we decorated my tree. I really like how it turned out. Most of the decorations are from the dollar store. There is glitter everywhere in the house but other than that I love it.

qqdb97ezxw7u.jpg

Last night's Plantage meal was a teriyaki stir fry with tofu over brown rice with some kimchi on the side. Yum! Another winner. So far, we've like 3 of the 4 meals. The one we didn't care for in particular was an orzo dish that didn't have a lot of flavor. It came with a veggie soup with French lentils, kale and fresh dill. I liked the soup a lot but Joe didn't like the dill in there.

6vcwa6w5n080.jpg

I'm loving my new VR headset and the fun workouts. The biggest issue I have right now is that every muscle in my body is so sore that I can't do as much of it as I'd like to. There's a big section on meditation and a guided beginner series that I'm going to try. The 'views' in the program are breathtaking!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    mcxazpuhy374.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Love the tree, Carla! Very pretty. I'm so jealous you have that plantage place. There is a place near me that carries WFPBNO entrees but it's hit or miss what they will have and whether they are cleaned out when I get there. I do buy my nooch there because they buy in bulk and package for sale so it's much cheaper.

This has been a rough week at work. I didn't want to get up this morning so I didn't treadmill. Just had a veggie wrap for dinner and going to do a little more work then get in my mile on the treadmill before bed.

First appointment with the personal trainer tomorrow evening. I'm really nervous! It's a big place but the trainer assured me she would help me get through the initial anxiety. I was supposed to go last week but with it being a short week and short-staffed it got postponed until this week.

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling things are going to get pretty crazy for you in the upcoming months, Mihani. Hang on to your hat, but you will have your gym membership to unwind...it will be your safe place.

menu today is the same...but adding a green juice made by nekter...Saturday, I will make my own...but I started yesterday, having the shop make me one.

black coffee
    purely Os
    gardein burger
    green juice
    in needed, bean burrito (did not have it yesterday)
    ninja creami

last day of the month...enjoy it, everyone!

living life deeeeeeeeeeliciously
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    pegmulxh2n46.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a good experience at the new gym, Mihani. It will be nice to get familiar with the equipment and staff before the new year. Have you looked recently to see if there are any new plant based meal companies nearby?

Yesterday's dinner was the best one yet. I don't even know how or why it was so phenomenal but they nailed the flavors and textures. It was a pasta with squash and cannellini beans topped with a tempeh bacon crumble. It is the first time I've appreciated tempeh and what it can bring to the table (<- heh). The lemon dressing for the arugula salad was so fresh and different.

Joe happened to mention our new meal plan to his dad when they were out for breakfast together. I just heard last night from my MIL that they are going to try the meals as well. That is great news because they have always been meat eaters and even if they don't do other meals plant based they would still be improving their diet tremendously.

Yesterday I completed a short flow workout, a boxing workout, and day 2 of the intro to mindfulness.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Nanc, yeah the end of the year through tax time is my worst time for sure. Are you going to be having juice every day again?

Carla, there's nothing really like what you found around. I keep looking! There are a few places but they use oil and not necessarily whole grains, etc. There is one about 2 hours from me, but that's a long drive to pick up food on any regular basis, although I've considered just doing a week because I'm intrigued.

So happy for you finding workouts you enjoy!

Great meeting with the trainer! more tomorrow. I got home so late and need to eat something light and get to bed.