WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
0c630y7ge686.png
Here is your Team chat room for December 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The December challenge runs for 4 weeks, from December 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the last month of 2023 begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    Options
    Welcome to December 2023!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86. I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. It was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. As of October, I hit 11 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time (but don't sweat it if you have to use a different day sometimes)! Put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, you can request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can be moved to the "Support Team" where you still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page. Or just jump to it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/125fReVweKoVm6Svkl6ohunaZgpBHIsDP_dlvdwVp0cM/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. We're going to finish 2023 together :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The December Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Dec 3rd. I hope you'll join us for the "Hello December Challenge" and get your fitness fix on! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904491/december-week-1-group-challenge-hello-december-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread.
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    We have one more new member for December! Can't wait to meet you here @shawndalfloyd :smiley:
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 147
    CW 147.9

Hi please I will post my steps later today. Thank you
  • jugar
    Options
    I am remembering to post a reminder for Sunday weigh-ins! We have a new Sunday person, so I want to start off right :wink:

@YinxFed (who never needs a reminder :smile: )
    @sugagirl5 our new Sunday person!

Sunday weigh-ins feel weird when you first join the team - you only just joined and have to post your week 1 weigh-in on the first day - seriously? It does not make sense. But, then as you are here for a long time (we hope!) the weigh-in always reflects your progress from the previous week. No matter that you are already working on next week when others are still waiting for their day this week! You lead.

Of course, everyone can choose a different day any time. It sometimes takes a while to figure out which day is the best for you.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 9,082
    Monday: 4,683 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 7,137
    Wednesday: 5,457 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 7,349
    Friday: 2,968
    Saturday: 8,470 + 60 min body pump class

I have tried to up my steps this week and hit my goal every day but one! Tomorrow I am walking in a Christmas parade so will easily hit my steps then. I still need to work on my cardio. I go to body pump 3 days a week and will try to hit my step goal on the other days, but it's usually just a stroll around the neighborhood or indoor track at the gym. Better than not moving, but still have room for improvement!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've been late on my intros the last few months so crossing it off now!

I'm Kay, 29, living in Boston, working in finance downtown. Struggled with emotional eating, restrict/binge cycles, and generally poor nutrition choices since college, dieted on and off for almost a decade now. Found this group in Aug 2020, took some breaks here and there (always a regret! this group rocks). Started seeing a new doctor in July who specializes in weight management, and I started a medication that can help treat binge eating disorder, which has really helped me since then. I don't log daily on MFP anymore, only use the app for weigh logs and this group/community!

I'm big on home workouts - currently about to enter the last week of a 10-week home workout challenge with a trainer I like from an app & instagram. Used to also be huge on walking and starting to get back into jogging but I developed tendonitis in my foot in Nov 2021 which has limited me a LOT in movement since. Still working on healing that. I do track protein, and protein only, with a rather lofty daily goal of at least 90g per my new doc - sometimes I get there, sometimes I don't.

Unrelated to health stuff, I may be developing a shoe addiction (thank you, DSW), I am a Green Bay Packers football fan (just put up my 4 foot tall fake xmas tree - only Packers ornaments allowed!), and I am trying to re-learn to play the violin. I played briefly as a kid and bought a violin during the pandemic lockdown days - it has been opened about 4 times, so now it is on my monthly goals to play at least once!

Welcome to all our new members - I think December can be a tricky month for health and weight goals so we are glad to have you with us!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @jugar I am going to skip weigh-in this week, I am traveling the 6th-9th and won't be able to bring my scale with me. thanks!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sun- 12777
    Mon: 13845
    Tue- 13805
    Wed - 16019
    Thur - 10589
    Fri - 13659
    Sat - 7200
  • LalasCrazyWorld
    LalasCrazyWorld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Due to personal situation, I will not be continuing with this challenge.

Thank you for allowing me on your wonderful team and best wishes for everyone's continued success.
  • petexj78
    petexj78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see you go @LalasCrazyWorld !

Hello Everyone, Just did this in the other thread, but will post here as well for December! I am in US, Michigan. Married with 3 older kids (18, 21 and 24) My biggest struggle has been willpower. I usually don't have a problem talking myself into going to work out, but when it comes to eating it seems like someone else is driving and I am just along for the ride.. I am currently trying out OMAD, or One meal a day. I can normally pack 2000 calories into my dinner (plus my other meals!) so I figured I can try only eating dinner for a while and see how it goes. I have lost weight on here before but have struggled to keep it off. My success in the past has always been due to the support of others here and being part of this team will hopefully help me succeed because I hate letting people down! My workouts are usually at planet fitness, treadmill for 30 minutes, at a faster speed, above walking but lower than running! My target is usually just to get my HR rate above 120. Then 3 days a week I use the cable weight machines. I also try to get some hiking in whenever possible and do backpacking trips. And when a pool is available I like lap swimming as well. My goal for the month of December is just to get down to about 265.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8vjk8eaaa5v1.png
    e6j5dvukd2bc.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    v8buqnvhcojj.png

By Pounds
    t7rfrakbmvqz.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    fmiq1n3r005l.png
    3r41gwjvxp32.png

By Pounds
    e31cz9durdpn.png

Team Winners
    veya22uhai6q.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

89muscwf9lh5.png
    1wkfqogflthv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    25quesw5r6gu.png

By Pounds
    fd0cx3ow3cvn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sy0znrgxzde9.png
    a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    v8ct13hedaee.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday again, Team!

Here's my steps and exercise stats for the last 7 days.

Sunday 26th November - 2800
    Monday 27th - 5290 / 34m Dancing
    Tuesday 28th - 1594
    Wednesday 29th - 3241
    Thursday 30th - 4677 / 70m Yoga
    Friday 1st December - 4084 / 7m Dancing / 24m Caroline Girvan's 24 Days to Xmas D1 - Shoulders
    Saturday 2nd - 6307 / 22m CG 24 Days to Xmas D2 - Abs & Core

And welcome @sugagirl5 to the Sunday Division!
  • jugar
    Options
    Well! We managed a 3rd place for November :smiley: I think our leading losers had a lot to do with that - congratulations to @cleaneater80 @Gidgitgoescrzy and @Kali225 ! You had a great month. And @CupcakeCrusoe had a fantastic week 5 that really helped us out too.

We have one more new person joining us for December, too - yay! Welcome @zumbaforever - we look forward to meeting you soon!

I was lucky enough to hear a fabulous concert this afternoon. They put out an album in May and were supposed to have the launch concert then, but one of the group lost her father. The concert was postponed and finally happened today. They play traditional music (mainly Scottish and Québecois roots), but arranged and performed in a very personal way. If anyone likes this kind of music and wants to hear it, it is easy to get on Bandcamp. The album is called Traverse by Laura Risk, Nicholas Williams, and Rachel Aucoin.

I have not done much exercise today, except down and up our hill, but tomorrow is going to be a very long day and I'm going to bed early. I have to catch a 6:25 am bus to Montreal. And it's snowing a lot tonight, so digging out in the morning to drive to the bus depot will be a project! I'll have to leave the house around 5:30 to be sure to make it. But at least I won't have to drive the 85 miles to the city and back. I'm happy to let the bus do that for me. I'll try to get in a short visit to the gym during the day while I'm there, though! I miss that place from when I worked there.
  • jugar
    Options
    2vf0qd47bwyq.jpeg

Let's get this month started! Due through Monday:
    @sugagirl5
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi Waistaways! My name is Jolene and I live in SW Colorado with my husband and two chaotic dogs. I am 38 years old and joined MFP and this group because I have weight I want to lose and could really use the accountability. I also hate letting people down. My current struggles are recouping from a recent shoulder injury and not letting myself blow my calorie counting by drinking to cope. I did, however, get the green light from my chiropractor to start working out again. Very light, and slow/careful, but it's improvement. I am so excited to get back to the CrossFit gym tomorrow.

I will let everyone know that I did not do myself many favors this weekend. Struggling with many types of pain made it hard to focus on my goals. Also, another sinus headache yesterday took me out. But, I meal prepped (Korean-inspired ground turkey bowl with brown rice and steamed broccoli), brought healthy snacks to work, and have our dinner meal plan set for the week. So, hopefully this week will be good. And fingers crossed I didn't overdo it so much that I won't get to the next decade.

@Kali225 - two things - first, I do bike. At least, I do spin class and have a spin bike at home when I need it. The biggest problem is right now I can't put weight on arms, so I have to sit straight up and lightly rest my hands on the handle bars. I also have a bike sitting in the shed that I need to have tuned up this next spring. My goal is to start biking since I live in an area that's perfect for mountain biking. Secondly, Go Pack Go!!
  • petexj78
    petexj78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this group is what I need for some motivation, but I also just signed up for the "Tulip Time" 5k in Holland Michigan in 5 months!, starting couch to 5k (again) this week!
This discussion has been closed.