WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    hi all - following up with my answer to Jolene's lovely question; December traditions!

My mom is the baker of the family when it comes to cookies. She has family recipes that are super popular with our extended family and neighbors/her friends, but I am slowly starting to build up my own set. This year, I want to make millionaire shortbread. I love shortbread and I love caramel and I love salt so why wouldn't I like those. I also really love trying new caramel recipes since there are a couple different approaches.

For me, I guess I don't have any solo December traditions but I do want to get downtown at some point to see all the Boston trees and walk the Commons to see the lights - I went to one tree lighting last year that was fun but totally missed them all this year. I do really love shopping for gifts for other people (picked up some earrings for one of my best friends this week at a Christmas market in Central Park which was a score!), and I am a little behind this year so might hit the mall this weekend.

Just got back from a 35 min walk but my foot is really not happy with my. Definitely icing on and off for the rest of the afternoon. Back to workouts tomorrow.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 9,184
    Monday: 5,590 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 8,453 + jog @ 4.8mph for 30 mim
    Wednesday: 4,569 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 8,232 + jog @ 5mph for 30 min
    Friday: 4,189
    Saturday: 7,683 + 60 min body pump class

I've had a decent weekend. We went to my MIL and were planning on tacos. I ended up making a taco salad and it was delicious!

@ashleycarole86 that's a great picture! I hope you feel better soon!

@Kali225 those cookies sound delicious!

Anyone feel free to share cookie recipes. I love making new cookies (even if unhealthy)!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

j77pf402ugca.png
    mugokq2vdim3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6xe9doktub8.png
    tl7d6kx62duw.png

By Pounds
    52lw8ptjw21s.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y74u8nwk7x8x.png
    qa8bsfhd29um.png

By Pounds
    rrmgaw8nrf22.png

Team Winners
    przl7682t1bj.png
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,898 Member
    Options
    Last weeks weight 149ish
    Today's 147ish

Was really surprised it was down since I have done nothing to deserve it.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,898 Member
    Options
    I had planned on working out this morning. Still feel like scrap and had to do 28 gallons of water changes and clean 3 aquariums. Then light shopping.

Lauren no cookie recipes, but do have a great brownie recipe

Shell
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Hats off to our top 3 losers this past week, and many hopes for more to come! I'm not sure if these cookie recipes are a good idea for that plan :grimace: but everyone needs a good cookie once in a while, right?

I'm in Montreal for a long work day tomorrow - I came in tonight to avoid the big snowstorm that is supposed to blow through tomorrow. It won't be terrible in Montreal, but it looks like it will be quite a big one where I live - let's hope I can get home tomorrow evening! If not, I'll stay overnight again and get home Tuesday.

Here are the weigh-ins due through Monday: :smiley:
    @sugagirl5
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Nov 19-Dec 2 activity:
    Nov 19: 3472 steps
    Nov 20: 5623 steps
    Nov 21: 6607 steps
    Nov 22: 9515 steps
    Nov 23: 7078 steps
    Nov 24: 3478 steps
    Nov 25: 7670 steps
    Nov 26: 7454 steps
    Nov 27: 15320 steps
    Nov 28: 12006 steps
    Nov 29: 10977 steps
    Nov 30: 11078 steps
    Dec 1: 8840 steps
    Dec 2: 17093 steps
    Dec 3-9 activity:
    Dec 3: 12336 steps
    Dec 4: 24852 steps
    Dec 5: 27672 steps
    Dec 6: 23715 steps
    Dec 7: 11349 steps
    Dec 8: 15527 steps
    Dec 9: 1547 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen
    Night one we went to TomTom and Lisa Vanderpump, her husband Ken, and her daughter Pandora and her husband Jason were there having dinner.
    The next night we had a reservation at Sur and while we were dining Lisa and Ken and Puffy (the dog) came in. I also met Guillermo (one of the managers that's featured on the show).
    Very cool experience for this fan girl.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Friends.

Here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 3rd - 2325
    Monday - 5058 / 16m Dancing / 28m Caroline Girvan 25 Days to Xmas D3 - Full Body Complexes
    Tuesday - 4047
    Wednesday - 7099
    Thursday - 3206
    Friday - 3313 /
    Saturday - / 7m Dancing / 27m CG 25 Days to Xmas D4 - Glutes Complexes

So sorry that you're feeling poorly, @ashleycarole86 Feel better soon 🙏

TTFN
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Whoops!

Looks like Saturdays's steps slipped out - 2635!

Yx
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 200
    CW: 198.5
    😃
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy love shoe shopping and reminds me I should replace my treadmill shoes.

PW 165.2
    CW 166.0

Had a few too many goodies and rinks this week. Christmas is too far away for me to be enjoying it yet. I got my workout in this morning and have my lunch already made. Want to make this week a good one.

My traditions revolve around baking too. My daughter and I love to bake. We also decorated a gingerbread house this weekend - few candy consumed doing that.

Love hearing all the cookies baked. Inspires me to look at adding them into my baking routine.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy – It’s wonderful to hear that your medication is working, and you feel better! I love fudge. It is so hard to stay away from, that’s why I don’t make it. That snickerdoodle white chocolate ganache sounds decadent! I love the fact that you got new shoes. They can make all the difference!

@jugar – I LOVE that your family celebrated the month with music. I live through music. It makes me feel things, which can sometimes be hard for my overly analytical brain.

@lauren_989 – Smart idea to make the cookies and leave them somewhere else! I just did this last night at a benefit dinner. Obviously, I had to test out all the batches of cookies I made since they were going to go to a big group … so I had too many cookies this weekend.

@EvMakesChanges – I am glad to see you posting, even if it is just a quick check-in!

@zumbaforever – a wedding in May is a fantastic motivator! A wedding this past May is what got me on here, making changes for my health. I hope you are feeling better and that all goes well with your husband’s surgery!

@wishfuljune – I am excited to hear about your new outfit when you hit your goal! Also, advent calendars are a great tradition! I love that you do the tea one. I might have to consider that for next year.

@Kali225 – what better way to watch Packer games than on a new TV? I’m excited for you! Also, let us know how the millionaire shortbread turns out. I too love shortbread, caramel, and salt. I would consider making this, gluten-free of course. Thank you for mentioning the lights! Seeing all the lights is one of my favorite things in December. Back when I lived in Portland, Oregon I used to go to the Zoo Lights. It was beautiful seeing all the exhibits lit up.

@leni1us – great loss this week! Many parties this month for sure. I went to one last night, I have another tomorrow, one next Thursday, and one more that is still being planned. It’s a great thing we have this to help keep us accountable. How can we help you stay accountable through the parties?

@ashleycarole86 – NOOOOOO!!!! I’m sorry you are sick again. It sounds miserable! Great picture from Disneyland, though. It looks like you and Brad were having fun. And that is so cool on your celeb sightings. I’m glad your fangirl side was happy.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    mt5x0f8t7x37.png
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's Christmas traditions! Thanks for sharing!

I have had a good week so far! I overate at 2 meals this week (but only slightly) and it was dinners, so it wasn't an ongoing bad day...just extra at the meal.

This week is my busy week. I have a work dinner Tuesday and Thursday, then a friends holiday lunch on Saturday. I was able to look up the restaurant on Saturday, and have my salad planned out. The work dinners are a different story. We got to a restaurant and they have a preset menu of a few entrees you can order from. And it always comes with salad, appetizer, entree, and dessert. I have been good recently and only eating half and taking the other half home to hubby. But I try to be careful in what I eat earlier in the day.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. back to my workouts and it was a challenge today - 45 min straight of lower body strength. Very shaky thighs by the end! Hope I am a little sore tomorrow, actually.

Made a delicious batch of baked citrus chicken this week - I should have made more actually, since I could eat more than 1 thigh per dinner but alas.

@Gidgitgoescrzy new shoes rock! hope they help on the treadmill

@ashleycarole86 hope you are feeling better today!

@MaddawgMadsen so glad to hear you are having less pain in the shoulder. those cookies are adorable

game is tied up here. I will be on a timer to get my shower in at halftime. :D and I better start snoring the instant the game is over. I need SLEEP!
This discussion has been closed.