WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas @YinxFed .. hope you're feeling much better and that you're able to enjoy!

Welcome back @eggfreak ... looking forward to having you back

Welcome to the team @lindamartin27 .. look forward to getting to know you

Just spent an hour on the phone with a friend who is having a fairly lonely Christmas. It was good to catch up with him. I miss him.. he moved about 2 hours away and we don't get to see each other that often. We are now about to head out to a movie with my Mom and Uncle. Christmas Eve dinner will be Chinese food... I still have presents to wrap, EEEK!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

x4npy8vuyfl6.png
    f68kj9n6w94s.png

A Quick Note: It's so easy to be discouraged by the number on the scale this time of year, but remember that our bodies are doing everything they can to keep us alive. It takes in more water to process excess salt and sugars, needs time to grow new muscle, doesn't work as effectively when stressed or sick... grant yourself some grace, grant your body some grace, and know that a few bad decisions will not undo months and months and months of progress.

You're doing better than you think. Happy Holidays!

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q3d41zs9miip.png

By Pounds
    ziwjeriwecpf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    h5oyeksumwr3.png

By Pounds
    uwf09b03m13w.png
    7nwxwcpfm3oi.png

Team Winners
    utc87xjjdb43.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: Β»
    Hello all! Please have me back for January...I AM READY to knuckle down after a few, very busy, out of control months.
    Hope you've got a mild Covid @jugar, sorry it's messed up your holiday plans with your dad.
    I look forward to catching up on posts for all of you.
    It will be so good to have you back! Polish those knuckles :smiley: and give me a starting weight on Thursday, OK? Unless you want to change your weigh-in day... Enjoy the rest of the year!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday

PW: 164.9
    CW: 164.0

I'm so sorry I'm late with my weigh in. This week just flew by. I had to take my dad to the VA to pick up his repaired hearing aids on Monday and because I waited until the last minute to Christmas shop, the rest of my days have been pretty busy. Hopefully, things will mellow out after the holidays.
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm taking my stuffy head to bed - I feel better than I did this morning, so hopefully everything will continue to improve. I miss being able to see my ol' happy pappy, but hopefully I'll test negative and be able to see him before heading back home!

I hope everyone has a lovely time with whatever you have planned, and that the prep stress is relieved, and that you get waited on at least a bit! Hugs all around.

Monday - Tuesday weigh-ins will be taken on a "whenever it gets here" footing. As long as everyone weighs in for this week by Saturday, all is good!

@Zumbaforever
    @cleaneater80
    @strong_fit_ells
    @lauren_989

:heart:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,894 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    vmxy9q68kltw.jpeg
    i0ujpccqq0wc.jpeg

My dog Barney. He insisted on helping dad. Not sure how the second photo loaded. That is a friends dog I watch at times.

Old weight 148. New weight 148.2

I decided against an overpriced new workout contraption. Instead I joined an app. FITON. I can synch it to my television. Download a workout to watch when not where I can get internet and join a challenge. I did a 20 minute cardio today

Merry Christmas to all those that celebrate.
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a question. Since I just registered this week, I'm assuming I will start my weight in next week? Just checking to make sure.
  • jugar
    Options
    I had a question. Since I just registered this week, I'm assuming I will start my weight in next week? Just checking to make sure.

That's right! Your starting weight is what you posted when you joined up, but you could update that this Thursday if you want to. Your Week 1 weight will be Thursday the 4th.
  • jugar
    Options
    So I know I didn't gain 9 pounds of fat in the last week...but seriously?! I weighed several times and doubt it's the scale. Rein it in Lauren, rein it in. Planning for a somewhat perfect day today...just may not get my steps. Everyone was sick at Christmas and no one said anything beforehand. My throat is now scratchy again πŸ˜•

I want a green week for next week which is the only reason I weighed in this week lol.

You are going to have the greenest week coming up! That's the best reason to post a bit of a shocker. Just don't try to lose all 9 in one go, OK? That's a bit extreme and could lead to a bounce-back. Easy does it! And take some vitamin C and sleep a lot. You don't want to get sick again :disappointed:
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @zumbaforever - the FitOn app is great! I haven't used it in a long time because at home workouts don't seem to motivate me enough. But, my husband still uses it from time to time for stretching and some lighter cardio workouts.

@jugar - I am sorry to hear you got covid! I hope you are feeling better and got to spend some more time with your dad before leaving!

My weigh in day is tomorrow, and I will be grateful if it is within a pound or two of my last weigh in. Christmas did a number on me with stress eating and drinking. However, I am finally feeling healthy both physically and from illness, so I plan to go to CrossFit tonight. It's a start since I plan to drop more weight before our friend's wedding at the beginning of June.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    Greetings all! We are on the road to my dad's in Manitoba for 5 nights. It's an 11 hour drive so it will be a sedentary day. My dad's place is small so we'll have to focus on outdoor walks and such to stay active until we get home. Hope all those sick folk are starting to feel better!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey WaistAways! Christmas is over, and the new year is almost here. Do you have a new year's resolution? If so, what is it?

The best resolution I ever had was in 2010 when I resolved to train for and run a half marathon. This year, my resolution is to continue losing weight so that I am hopefully close to my goal weight for our friend's wedding on June 1st. For at least the month of January I will not drink or allow myself processed carbs like bread, pasta, or sweets. Also, I want to make sure I am making at least three CrossFit classes and three spin classes every week or substituting with other exercise if I am out of town.
This discussion has been closed.