WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen

Fantastic resolutions for your 2024! I believe since I am starting back from scratch (3 years of unhealthy eating and living) my resolution for 2024 will be to achieve having a continuous (never go past 4 consecutive days of unhealthy eating/living) healthy lifestyle. 2024 ready or not, here we come!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is happening! Here is who is due through good old humpday:
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning! I am going to set myself a small goal to achieve today that will focus on one of my unhealthy habits that I want to change. I'm getting ready to travel this morning to take care of some errands and different shopping. I am NOT going to make any purchases today to eat in town. I will have my coffee and breakfast at home and I am going to pack myself a lunch in case my trip takes longer than expected. I will also take my biggest water bottle so I drink water instead of purchasing anything from stores to drink. 🤞 Hope everyone has a great day and I encourage you to set a single goal for yourself today that can be accomplished within today! One step at a time!

Wonderful! Finding good ways to avoid shopping when you know that it might result in unwise eating is super important. It is always the place of highest vulnerability - so your plan for today sounds absolutely spot on. WTG!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - I <3 your answer! It seems attainable.

@gidgitgoescrzy - Your answer is also very attainable and I like that you are focusing on something just as important, if not more important, than weight loss. Mental health is huge! And, once it's addressed, it can help with the other weight loss driven goals. Let us know what books you are reading. It will inspire me to do more reading. :smile:

@jugar - strength training is so important. I'm glad that is your focus. Also, aren't kids great? They definitely see things differently, but that can often be a good thing. I have a niece who is on the spectrum. She just says what she thinks without the filter of how the listener might take it. She often asks if what she has said was mean or rude. I love her for all of this, because I know she will always speak her mind.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    Enjoying some lovely down time at my dad's. After Brad wakes up for a nap we'll take my dog for a walk - our activity for the day. Weigh-in tomorrow will be humbling.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,942 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ..You have a new member joining your awesome team ...Please welcome @StayFITTer :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @StayFITTer ! We have a few days before the "official" beginning of our January challenge - this is a great time for you to introduce yourself, get to know this lovely bunch of people, and ask all the questions. Glad to have you with us!

Ready for Thursday? I actually had to check my calendar to see that tomorrow is Thursday. So let's get ready for a few more weigh-ins! Here you come:
    @cleaneater80
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

I know it is not the best week of the year for weighing in, but just think how good it's going to look a week or 2 from now!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,894 Member
    Options
    @ MaddawgMadsen love the New Year’s resolution

Read everyone’s posts. You all are so uplifting. Thanks

I am taking it month by month. For January I will get in a minimum of 4 workouts each week

Zumba
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Even though my first technical weigh in isn't until next week, I am giving my current weight to have an update compared to when I joined earlier this week.

CW: 218.7

Hope everyone has a great remaining week and fantastic weekend!
This discussion has been closed.