WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 great numbers stepping this week! Out of curiosity for the other step challenge, how many steps do you add on for my 60 minute body pump class?

Strength training conversion is 110 steps per minute
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    PW=78,5Kg
    CW=79,1Kg

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    LAST CALL!

Two more weigh-ins to go for this week - I hope to see them by 10 hours from now :smiley:

@EvMakesChanges
    @Pearl4686

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CW: 184.6
    Happy weekend, y’all!
    I hope you’re all having some good quiet moments mixed with some walks and decent weather.
    I’m going to bed now ‘cause I’m all worn out. More on the flip!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

1/7 - 1/13
    Sun: 6,644 steps
    Mon: 3,183 steps
    Tue: 35min pilates + 2,744 steps
    Wed: 3,575 steps
    Thu: 4,421 steps
    Fri: 2,586 steps
    Sat: 45min spin class + 5,807 steps
  • jugar
    edited January 14
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I hope yours is starting as peacefully as mine. Here are today's lucky weigh-in people:

@YinxFed
    @Zumbaforever

Looking forward to another great week of news, joys, struggles, and ideas.
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Steps for week Jan 7 - Jan 13

Jan 7 - 8,502
    Jan 8 - 9,483
    Jan 9 - 13,438
    Jan 10 - 11,592
    Jan 11 - 12,299
    Jan 12 - 15,505
    Jan 13 - 10,514
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,229 Member
    Options
    The January Week 3 Group Challenge is open and starting today, running through Saturday, Jan 20th. Please join us for the Meet You at the Cooler Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10907437/january-week-3-group-challenge-meet-you-at-the-cooler#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Week 2 challenge remains open through today to allow participants to post their final tallies and me to post the top walkers.
    Jessica
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Jan 7-13 exercise:
    Jan 7 - 16860 steps (included 161 minutes of snowshoeing)
    Jan 8 - 10783 steps
    Jan 9 - 9014 steps
    Jan 10 - 13629 steps
    Jan 11 - 11632 steps
    Jan 12 - 8075 steps
    Jan 13 - 3762 steps

Snowshoed on Sunday and curled on Friday. Missed a couple Peloton workouts earlier in the week and then could just not convince myself to get on there. Something to build on for the week ahead.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Greetings Team,

I am seeing some very impressive steps and activities being recorded. Well done Team!

@strong_fit_ells please don't worry about your gained weight - it happens regularly. I will admit to sometimes being reluctant to record my own gains, but I realise that I need the accountability - good or bad.

And for the past month I have also seen a regular, albeit small, increase on the scales.

Stay strong - we've got you!

Yx
  • YinxFed
    Options
    And here's my weigh-in -

PW - 186
    CW - 186.1

My step and exercise stats are -

Sunday 7th Jan - 4884
    Monday 8th - 5517
    Tuesday 9th - 3918 / Heather Robertson 12 Week 4.0 D1 - Arms
    Wednesday 10th - 4166 / HR12W4.0 D2 - Glutes & Hamstrings
    Thursday 11th - 2451 / 69m Yoga
    Friday 12th - 1861 / 42m HR12W4.0 D3 - Back & Chest
    Saturday 13th - 2267 / 44m HR12W4.0 D4 - Abs & Mobility

Next weekend I am going to work really hard to log everything.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,229 Member
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges Excuse the interruption in your chat thread, but could I please get your step count for the Wk 2 Grp Challenge for Thu and Fri of this past week? Thanks! Jessica...please post in the Grp Challenge Thread...waiting to announce the winners.

@StayFITTer I pulled yours from your step challenge for Saturday...thanks! GREAT WEEK FOR YOU! WTG!
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

7tpxrbkqqlns.png
    44rmp881de5u.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vcmkgy8thdnr.png

By Pounds
    rgl61opi8vk7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    73uvznogflnc.png

By Pounds
    xcru0r804od0.png
    ud5xldoq46d5.png

Team Winners
    6ds591yz9qkm.png

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225
    Watching your Packers girl and I think I can hear you cheering all the way in Canada.

WOW!

Bummed my Bills got bumped because the game time is now in the middle of my work day. Going to try to get home without anyone spoiling the score for me.. we'll see!

NEWS FLASH - Brad and I got on the Peloton today. It had been 10 days - wow.. how do 10 days go by? Didn't feel that long. It was a great session - 45 minutes on the bike, a 10 minute upper body strength session, and a 5 minute stretch. I'm smiling.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hey @YinxFed .. thanks for the step counts.
    Your 9th and 10th strength was missing a time - I estimated 30 minutes each for now but if you have an updated length for me before the report, let me know. Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 10,689 + 61 min @ 4.1 mph walk
    Monday: 10,123
    Tuesday: 7,881
    Wednesday: 10,264 + 60 min body pump class
    Thursday: 8,277
    Friday: 10,019
    Saturday: 7,199 + 60 min body pump class

A lot more steps this week due to the group step challenge! Will be a lot less next week because of after work meetings.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Hey @YinxFed .. thanks for the step counts.
    Your 9th and 10th strength was missing a time - I estimated 30 minutes each for now but if you have an updated length for me before the report, let me know. Thanks!

Hi Ashley,

The missing times are 37 and 43 minutes respectively.

Thank you.
  • jugar
    Options
    I am absolutely gutted.
    I have such a massive weight gain that I could cry. I really can't believe that it is so massive 🤦😢
    I did have 2 drinking sessions. Twice we went out with my friend for her leaving party and I also bought new bathroom scales. It showed 7lbs gain 😢 I am now weighing at 241lbs 😱🫣😢
    I just can't believe. I have never been this weight.

@jugar can I please go to team support for the rest of the month? I don't want to record this weight as I will let the team down in our team standing 😢 I just can't believe this 😢😢😢

I am so embarrassed but I took the photo of the scales and this surely will be my starting point 😕
    OK. Take a deep breath - and let's look at this. First of all, partytime - that can cause a big increase really fast, but it usually goes away fast too. Second of all, new scale! That might not be a gain at all. The difference between scales can be horrible - if you still have your old one, check it on there too, and I can adjust the previous measurements so that the difference between the 2 scales disappears on the spreadsheet. If the new scale is +5 of the old one, for example, I'll just increase the first 2 January weigh-ins by 5 pounds.

But mostly, hang in there. The effect of your gain on the team is no worse than some of the big ones that happened in December and happen at different times when people have been on vacation, going through stress, partying, or whatever. You'll get going again. And it is important to keep with your January goals. You have a good set of daily goals, and if you add even one more day per week of succeeding at them, you'll see a difference. 100% every day is probably never going to happen for anyone, so don't worry about it. Just get a little bit better.

So let me know if you still have your old scale and can compare them. If not, we can take a guess and assume that the new scale is reading higher than the old one.

Second - weigh in late this week. Give yourself a few really good days and weigh in on another day. Then you can get back onto Mondays next week. Or switch to a new day and see how that goes.

Third - give yourself a big hug. You are so much more than just that number! Come on in and tell us all the things any time. We love it. Keep working on the habit tracking, and in a couple of days you'll be feeling yourself again. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.