• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    inshapeCK
    PW: 139.7 pounds
    CW: 141.4 pounds
    Gained 1.7 pounds.
    Have been dealing with health problems so not able to focus 100% on my weight loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    Off grocery shopping. Check back afterwards.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW 153.1
    CW 151.9

Linda, I think you are stepping down from co-captain duties at the end of the month, right? Don’t want to be tagging you inappropriately. Thanks for the way you have given yourself to that role on this team. I started here last summer as someone with absolutely no social media involvement at all. I felt very welcome and so supported. Can’t say how much I appreciated that!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 153.1
    CW 151.9

Linda, I think you are stepping down from co-captain duties at the end of the month, right? Don’t want to be tagging you inappropriately. Thanks for the way you have given yourself to that role on this team. I started here last summer as someone with absolutely no social media involvement at all. I felt very welcome and so supported. Can’t say how much I appreciated that!

Yes she is stepping down at the end of the month ... I will be taking over as captain ...Still looking for a motivator and a co-captain
  • RoblinB
    Options
    A few recent NSV’s to share:
    1. We recently had two back to back weekends of heavy snow (like a couple of feet both times in many spots!) Lots to shovel and lots of stuck cars to push. I was so surprised at how sore I wasn’t after all that unexpected extra physical activity. Pretty sure that would not have been my experience a year ago.

2. My life insurance renewal snuck up on me last month. My lab work all came back within normal ranges. Again, don’t know what that would have looked like a year ago.

3. Finally, at almost 50 pounds down, a friend who sees me a couple times a month complimented me on this change. This is the first time anyone has said anything directly. I completely understand not commenting on someone’s weight change - it can be an emotional minefield - but I appreciated it.

Happy Saturday!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018

A thought I get often it is ok to eat what you want today I will start again tomorrow. It’s something that I have to be aware of and push it out of my mind. Push down any thoughts you have of quitting. I think you have such great insight. My thoughts when I started my journey was I want to lose weight but I have no time constraint 9n when I would get to goal. This worked for me. But different things work for different people. Setting goals that would help with weight loss but a goal of losing 4 pounds in a month could be helpful. A goal of increasing my weights at the gym is an example or X number of days of exercise. This is a suggestion. My goals have been so weird lately that I am going to reassess them for next week.

Good for you posting your NSV. I think it is so important especially if we are getting a bit frustrated with the process.

I am not quitting....it was just one of those moments. I thought not having a time constraint would relieve a little anxiety...it just gave me more wiggle room.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    • If I average my weight loss since January... I'm pretty close to 4lbs a month which is about a pound a week which is ok...all things considered (calorie goal etc)...its just seem soooo ssssllllloooowwwww... (ok, get over it!)
    • I'm already at 6 days a week exercising.
    • I do have a goal to get an additional 30 minute walk in each day weather permitting. So I am incorporating habits to get me where I want to go..
    • I think the time based goals will get me back on track.
      Today I weighed in at 216. (Maybe I should change my weigh in day :) )... So my goal is to hit my first goal which is 213 and I though I would have already hit it by now (water under the bridge, move on)....so that 1.5 pounds for the next two weeks. YES, I can do this!!

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: Thursday was 216.8, Friday was 217.8 and today 216!!! Really???? Maybe I should change my weight in day🙂

- THOUGHTS: I so need to keep reading this over again!!!
    fiz1tj28arng.gif

c794ws9mxdiy.png

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/10 2,949 ST = 0
    3/11 10,474 ST = 15
    3/12 11,516 ST = 15
    3/13 9,462 ST = 15
    3/14 7,194 ST = 15
    3/15 5,602 ST =12
    3/16

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    Ending February - 216.4 (+0.6/7.2)
    3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15 217.8
    3/22
    3/29
    Total Gain 0.0 Total loss 0.0
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    weigh in day Friday
    liketoyak
    Pw:291.6
    CW:290.8

Nice loss!
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182.6
    Cw 182

Not bad for a week at my mothers!

You are darn right it’s good. Especially seen mothers want to feed us constantly.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    iLive2Walk
    Saturday Weigh In

PW: 154.8
    CW: 154.2

Great job!
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in

PW: 193.9
    CW: 193.3

Nice loss!
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    PW 180.2
    CW 178.8

Look at you hitting the 170’s
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    PW: 139.7 pounds
    CW: 141.4 pounds
    Gained 1.7 pounds.
    Have been dealing with health problems so not able to focus 100% on my weight loss.

Hope you feel better soon.
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 153.1
    CW 151.9

What a great loss! Pretty awesome NSV’s. I love seeing the wins off tha scale. After this month you will be tagging Megan. I appreciate your kind words.
    itladyee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

A thought I get often it is ok to eat what you want today I will start again tomorrow. It’s something that I have to be aware of and push it out of my mind. Push down any thoughts you have of quitting. I think you have such great insight. My thoughts when I started my journey was I want to lose weight but I have no time constraint 9n when I would get to goal. This worked for me. But different things work for different people. Setting goals that would help with weight loss but a goal of losing 4 pounds in a month could be helpful. A goal of increasing my weights at the gym is an example or X number of days of exercise. This is a suggestion. My goals have been so weird lately that I am going to reassess them for next week.

Good for you posting your NSV. I think it is so important especially if we are getting a bit frustrated with the process.

I am not quitting....it was just one of those moments. I thought not having a time constraint would relieve a little anxiety...it just gave me more wiggle room.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    • If I average my weight loss since January... I'm pretty close to 4lbs a month which is about a pound a week which is ok...all things considered (calorie goal etc)...its just seem soooo ssssllllloooowwwww... (ok, get over it!)
    • I'm already at 6 days a week exercising.
    • I do have a goal to get an additional 30 minute walk in each day weather permitting. So I am incorporating habits to get me where I want to go..
    • I think the time based goals will get me back on track.
      Today I weighed in at 216. (Maybe I should change my weigh in day :) )... So my goal is to hit my first goal which is 213 and I though I would have already hit it by now (water under the bridge, move on)....so that 1.5 pounds for the next two weeks. YES, I can do this!!

I am always thinking I should change my weigh day to Saturday because generally it is lower than Friday. Not this week though. Yes it is doable.

• myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970

Step Challenge - Goal 6000

3/10 5993
    3/11 5445
    3/12 4719
    3/13 4690
    3/14 4325
    3/15 6945
    3/16 6425

I'm happy.. 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,132
    Exercises: 4/4
    Rings: ✔️
    Badge: 1/5

I went for a walk with my husband after lunch.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I want to encourage you to think about the position of captain or motivator. Talk to Megan to find out what you would need to do. I loved doing both jobs and it does help with your own weight loss journey.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,227 Member
    Options
    The March Week 3 Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Mar 17th. I hope you'll join me for the Top O' The Mornin' Challenge! Wear green and join me in the chat thread! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10911683/march-week-3-group-challenge-top-o-the-mornin-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • RoblinB
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps!
    Mar 10 8272
    Mar 11 8060
    Mar 12 8250
    Mar 13 8264
    Mar 14 9438
    Mar 15 10219
    Mar 16 9153
    Thanks!
    Enjoy the new wheels! 😁
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

10-Mar 16,690
    11-Mar 22,212
    12-Mar 17,416
    13-Mar 19,155
    14-Mar 22,439
    15-Mar 18,849
    16-Mar 18,889
    Total 135,650

Congrats on the New Truck!

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

z7fh7khjtqt9.jpeg

Took this from the steps tab in the app? Is this ok to do Megan? It’s backwards but much easier for me to do. 😂
This discussion has been closed.