Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,082 Member
    Options
    vo2rjf99p2r4.jpg

What is a phobia you have?

I am terrified of spiders, snakes and rats ...
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Please excuse this week - out of town with no scale access. Have a great week DownSizers๐ŸŒธ
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 182lb
    Cw 184lb

Mmmmm a week away with my best friend. I got up and walked every morning but still managed a gain! Too much alcohol i guess! Right that 2lb it's coming straight back off this week!
    Sorry for the late weigh n, didn't get home til yesterday pm
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 206.4
    CW (Current Weight): 202.6

I increased my step goal by 1000 this week and reached it each day! Proud of myself, especially since yesterday was a struggle!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great loss!
  • Slimmersixties
    edited June 15
    Options
    I've read a few posts this week about people being disappointed with their losses. After nearly 3 years of my new eating plan and nearly 100lb lost, i just want to share my experience.

Weight loss is not linear! The loss you've earned definately does not turn up on weigh in day!!!
    I record my calories in and out every day and work out the loss I'm due ..... over a rolling month it almost always works out right to the .2 of a pound.
    I totally get how focused on the scales we become (i take mine on vacation with me!!!)
    But please don't let the scales become a demotivation!!! Our daily weight varies so much due to salt, water, carbohydrates, how hot it is, cortisol levels, exercise done, last weeks big loss, etc etc etc

All that effort does show up on the scales eventually! Promise.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    edited June 15
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 206.4
    CW (Current Weight): 202.6

I increased my step goal by 1000 this week and reached it each day! Proud of myself, especially since yesterday was a struggle!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is a very inspiring post. What an amazing loss. Did you do anything in particular to get the extra 1000 steps each day? Great week. Next stop, onderland.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I've read a few posts this week about people being disappointed with their losses. After nearly 3 years of my new eating plan and nearly 100lb lost, i just want to share my experience.

Weight loss is not linear! The loss you've earned definately does not turn up on weigh in day!!!
    I record my calories in and out every day and work out the loss I'm due ..... over a rolling month it almost always works out right to the .2 of a pound.
    I totally get how focused on the scales we become (i take mine on vacation with me!!!)
    But please don't let the scales become a demotivation!!! Our daily weight varies so much due to salt, water, carbohydrates, how hot it is, cortisol levels, exercise done, last weeks big loss, etc etc etc

This is so true. As long as we are being honest with both our exercise and eating, the scales will eventually move in the right direction. I hope you had a great time away.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    vo2rjf99p2r4.jpg

What is a phobia you have?

I am terrified of spiders, snakes and rats ...

There are so many but my fear of heights is the worst. Yet, I managed to jump out of a plane. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly Steps:
    June 9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 7,855
    June 10 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 8,739
    June 11 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 9,946
    June 12 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 14,341
    June 13 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    June 14 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    June 15 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Wednesday June 12

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 14,341
    ๐Ÿ“ Logged Everything
    ๐Ÿฅ—Under my Calorie range
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio - 30 Min
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Stretch - 10 Min
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8 glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚ Met my Sodium Goal
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Yup

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒป Happy June ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

Got a beautiful walk in - up to 2 miles. Thinking that is as far as I am going to push myself for the next month or so. Washed the back deck, cleaned a little. Tried on some clothes for trip. The good news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suits didn't fit (another big bag to go to goodwill), the bad news is that a lot of the dresses and bathing suites didn't fit. I am packing light! LOL. I always bring more than I need anyway.

Thatโ€™s good bad news.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Well I donโ€™t feel any different today at 60 than I did yesterday at 59. I donโ€™t know what I was expecting. We are either having Chinese food or pizza later. Of course, we will have cake. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Saturday 5,309
    Sunday 4.768
    Monday 3,125
    Tuesday 8,689. (I actually went for a walk)
    Wednesday 3,264
    Thursday 3,527
    Friday 5,281

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options

@Slimmersixties Well said! I've been on this journey for a year and a half, and if there is one thing I learned, its never give up. Persistence is the key. Life is filled with ups and downs, put the downs behind you and get back at it. Enjoy the ride. I'm down 80 pounds. I have had months that I have gained and months that I have lost a bunch. I learned something from both.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,943 Member
    edited June 15
    Options
    Weekly Steps:
    June 9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 7,855
    June 10 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 8,739
    June 11 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 9,946
    June 12 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 14,341
    June 13 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 5,686
    June 14 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,672
    June 15 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Friday June 14

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,672
    ๐Ÿ“ Logged Everything
    ๐Ÿฅ—Under my Calorie range
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio - 30 Min
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Stretch - 10 Min
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8 glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚ Over my Sodium goal
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Yup

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒป Happy June ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

Had PT yesterday - glad I went. The exercises are totally different than the ones that found on Youtube. Glad to get them from an expert. Will go a couple of times when I get back, but he said for the most I can do them on my own. Ready to go - leave bright and early tomorrow morning! Celebrating Father's day today. I am going to be realistic. I will not be losing weight while away - but I'm not going to let it be a free for all. I expect an increase - just hoping that it won't be the USUAL vacation increase! I'll check in from time to time - but see you all in nine days!

mpakmnrnfvdf.gif

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I should still be able to record my steps! ๐Ÿ˜Ž I know that I am excused from the weigh-in (TY), but will if I can.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,245 Member
    Options
    The June Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 16th. Join us for the Summer Wellness Challenge! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10917977/june-week-3-group-challenge-summer-wellness-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    kpcvnxcsyxy9.jpg

What was your dream job when you were a child?

I always wanted to be an ER nurse (which I am) but can't do my job since I am on crutches ... I do go in and help with the front desk in the ER ...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 16
    Options
    ccnusxf9bjvd.jpg
    Would the following people please weigh-in:

Friday Weigh-in (overdue)
    @jimboden3

SATURDAY WEIGH-INS

@liketoyak
    @MommyJeannie
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Saturday Weigh-In
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 221.0

Not a good time week at all.

Step Challenge - Goal 8500

ST = Moderate

6/9 6,321
    6/10 10,429
    6/11 9,510
    6/12 8,815
    6/13 6,849
    6/14 4,551
    6/15
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 151.5
    CW: 150.6
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh-in Day: Thursday (let you know it would be Saturday this week)
    PW: 180
    CW: 177.6
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 16
    Options
    I need the following people to please post your steps for June week 2 by Sunday 16th if I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thank you for understanding :)

@aactuallyaash 6/9 - 6/15
    @itladyee 6/15
    @RoblinB 6/9 - 6/15
    @iLive2Walk 6/15
    @FindingSamMon 6/14 & 6/15
    @Stacimfit 6/9 -6/15
    @lovethyneighbor 6/12 -6/15
    @JamieS74 6/9 - 6/15
    @MommieJeannie 6/9 - 6/15
    @NouveaRee 6/9- 6/15
    @livnlyfe1111 6/9- 6/15
    @start090 6/9 -6/15