Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @looneycatblue @DaffyGirl88
    I made an empty version if you want to use it as well. It is pretty easy to adjust and change the colors and stuff. I really like checking things off and it is handy because you can see patterns. You just need to go to File -> Make a copy and then you can edit your own.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApSb3Q-Ihmm65WaBrssWNGLZPxVW06LeJ0wbvJnqtrA/edit?usp=sharing

Aww @Pupowl that's very sweet of you! Thanks! 🥰
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 686 Member
    @Pupowl Gosh, that's so much physical labor! The wall looks great! I'm impressed with what you've gotten done. How wonderful that your dad will be coming and can help you with the bookcase and moving things. I always love to see Tinus just lying around all cute:)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    Hint, HINT...Next week's group challenge will be a partner walking challenge and I'll have the room opened soon so you can start to post your partnerships, your team names and share your challenges for each other! Let's make this a fun one!!!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    @DaffyGirl88 No problem! I saw it had copied some other sheets as well, oops. I deleted them now.
    @iradi8 Yeah, it was really busy there for a while! Thank you, I am also happy with how it looks and I love sharing Tinus with all of you.
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey Y'all! The August Week 3 Group Challenge is our famous Partner-Up Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and join us this week for a great time of exercise, laughter and fun!!! This time there's an added bonus as a surprise! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922057/august-week-3-group-challenge-partner-walk-in-august-challenge/p1?new=1

Pop in, read the rules, find your partner, create your team name and let's get moving! See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Now taking partners for next week's Group Challenge...Wanna partner up?!! Send me your team name, partner's name and Let's Get Movin!!!
    Jessica

giphy.gif
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 330 Member
    Good afternoon shape shifters!

Here's my saturday weigh in

190.6 lbs

I don't know what's going on. I lowered my calories from over 1750 to 1550 in the past couple weeks, and log my food consistently and always meet my caloric goals.

I go to the gym, lift weights, increased protein intake, eat whole foods, and walk a few times a week. Then I get on the scale and I'm like 3 lbs heavier, and I don't know why. I thought it was just bloat, but like, it has been too long.

I'm not pregnant, I just got off my period 2 days ago.

You could be retaining water from lifting - do you mix in other things besides lifting during the week besides walking? And make sure to be drinking enough water to push out the fluid build up

Hi thank you for your response. I thought about that so didn't lift all week. In fact this week the only exercise I did was walking. I put my focus on healthy eating. It has gone down some, but not by much.

Next step is seeing my doctor, because I did have thyroid problems when I was pregnant in 2022, I have to check and make sure that's not what ls causing my issues.

I'll also work on lowering dairy consumption except for fermented dairy (yogurt), because I've been having a lot of milk in my hot cereals every day.

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 330 Member
    Happy saturday everyone.

My saturday morning weigh in was at 189.8 lbs

Bloating has gone down some. I'm going to cut out dairy (except yogurt) and increase protein a bit more.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
  • jessicakrall8
    u7jjvrvf55sc.jpg
    Missing 6 weigh-ins for the week (incl today)! Report in ASAP please! Remember you're removed after 2 weeks in a row with no reporting. Thanks!

@Cyncia85
    @lolakinks x2
    @cre804
    @partyof7
    @alleykat69
    @izzyred9400

Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    @Pupowl Thank you for sharing the worksheet! This is so helpful!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @Pupowl
    I am having somewhat of an identity crisis as well which is fun. I don't like how I spent most of my days, but I am also not sure what else I can do because I am limited by my chronic fatigue. I feel like I just gravitate towards computer stuff because it is the easiest and I made it a habit. But I don't think it is serving me well. I also don't really know what I enjoy doing. I feel like I do a lot of stuff without any positive emotions about it. I am not sure how to fix this, but one thing I will try is to leave my computer off completely for the whole morning. And then I will see what comes up. Or not I guess. Either way I think it will be good to decrease my screen time.
    I hope you start to feel better. I feel this way sometimes too, I tend to feel better after spending quality time with people close to me
  • Pupowl
    edited August 18
    Hello Shape Shifters. Yesterday was a very busy day. I started with an hour long walk which was nice. I have been doing a lot of home workouts and not much nature walks because of the heat. I still find it too warm and humid, but it is doable now at least. I ran some laundry when I got home and did the dishes. I got my ikea stuff delivered around 12:30. The chair came in 4 pieces which seemed pretty easy to put together. After sweating and struggling for 30+ minutes, I took a break because I was mad, lol. The openings for the screws weren't lining up properly and I just couldn't get the bolts in. I tried again 2 hours later and this time I got it done, woohoo. I love the yellow and the chair is super comfortable. I initially planned to do the bookcase with my dad, but I just went for it on my own. It was pretty straight forward and went pretty smoothly, though it was still exhausting. I left it on the ground because picking it up with 2 people seemed much safer. Tinus is one of those rare cats who doesn't like boxes which is shame. The box that had the chair was huge, but he was totally uninterested. I was very tired after all of that and I ended up sleeping for almost 10 hours.
    hgfb697g1188.jpg
    uqg3v7oqnl0g.jpg
    1bcntu91x4h6.jpg
    9wopjpxoxsqs.jpg
    m5extxu4dssu.jpg
    My body was sore this morning, I got up late and my dad would be here at 10:00. I still decided to go for a walk first. It took a little longer than I expected and I was home again at 9:45. My dad showed up while I was getting dressed, so he had to wait a few minutes. In my defense, it was 9:59 when I opened the door, so I was not late!!!
    The first thing we did was get the bookcase up. Then we made sure to anchor it to the wall. We hung up the turtle light, which is probably the only thing I am not really happy with. There wasn't a good spot for it and the cable is super long so I don't think it looks great. We tried stuffing the cable under the light, but then when you turned on the light, you could see it under his shell like some weird intestines so that looked even worse. Yesterday after putting the furniture together, I just threw out all the boxes in the backyard. I didn't have the energy to rip them so we also did that. In one of the boxes I found a cute moth so I made sure to relocate it.
    We then put up a couple of shelves for art frames and we removed the smaller bookcase I had. I think the living room looks pretty open even with the bookcase as a divider. It didn't take up as much space as I was expecting. Most of my books are upstairs in the guest bedroom, so now I can start to move my favourites downstairs. But probably not today because I am still exhausted. :smiley:
    Have a good day everyone <3
    78aj47dvv43v.jpg
    g297dqivpxdh.jpg
    xa0yysjh66p1.jpg
    5k11musvi223.jpg
    I still need to tidy up a bit.
    j30yeduz97cr.jpg
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @Pupowl Looks fantastic!!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 8/16: 11,790
    Sat 8/17: 10,129
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    @Pupowl Your new yellow chair matches your recently completed side table perfectly. 👍
  • Pupowl
    @CasandraW Thank you and for your previous message as well!
    @frankwbrown Yeah, that is really fun! I didn't even plan for that. It was the only yellow I had. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.