Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    @frankwbrown Beautiful hike you did yesterday! Have you ever tried dill pickle juice (1-2 oz) for your muscle recovery? It works really well for me!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    @looneycatblue It was linked in the July thread on the first of August. You can also find it on the main page of the group under the announcements.

k7120uvhtizb.png
  • Pupowl
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you, I was also impressed with myself, lol. I did some more work today, but I am giving up now. I got one half of the wall almost entirely clean, and the more to the left I went, the harder it got to remove. Tomorrow I plan to look for some plastic sheets to protect all my stuff and then start sanding. I do think removing as much as I could was the better option though. Considering how easy it came off, if I painted over it, it might have just started peeling on its own from the wetness. And now I won't have to deal with it again in the future if I decide to hang up other stuff. I appreciate the compliments about the 75 hard thing too! Though I am pretty sure I undid all that progress, boo.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Hello Shape Shifters. I just finished my workout for the day, so I figured I would write a post while I am drying up. I am a bit late today and it is past my bedtime, but it is really hot and my neighbours are having people over in the garden and being noisy so I probably can't sleep anyway.
    I did some more work on the wall and made some good progress on one side. I noticed pretty quickly that the second part of the wall wasn't going to happen though. I am not going to peel it off one centimeter at a time. If it sticks that well, it can just stay!
    I will be looking for some plastic sheets tomorrow to protect all my furniture and then give sanding a try. Tomorrow I should also get some filler so I can fix up the holes in the wall. I ordered the paint which was very expensive. When I moved here I picked a good quality one since I didn't expect to paint again, but alas. It is 107 euros for 2,5 liters, ouch. Tomorrow and Tuesday it is going to be around 33 degrees (91F) so I will likely save the painting until Wednesday. But we will see, maybe I will be in the mood. Hopefully there won't be a big difference in color between the peeled and non peeled areas. It is a chalk based paint with pretty good cover so I am optimistic.
    I also finished the side table which doubles as a cat bed. The stencil worked okay, but it did bleed through under it, so the lines are far from crips. If you don't look too closely, it is pretty cute! I am happy with it and it is for sure much nicer than plain untreated wood. I will varnish it tomorrow. Have a good day everyone <3
    f6k4zmcnpz31.jpg
    rjme1fedhakp.jpg
    mmvkvefen4gn.jpg
    This was before:
    rzml1soniqlm.jpg
    Just looking at that wall makes me tired! 👍
    That table looks cute, and from the looks of it, Tinus finds it quite cozy underneath.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    @pupowl Tinus has got the life!!!! Love that little area just for him!!! What color are you planning for the wall...the same or something different?
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    @frankwbrown Beautiful hike you did yesterday! Have you ever tried dill pickle juice (1-2 oz) for your muscle recovery? It works really well for me!
    I don't like pickles, but I might ask my siblings if they have any leftover pickle juice I could try.
    (Can't I just pretend that ice cream has the same effect?) 😂

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited August 12
    😂🤣😂 - They must sell pickle juice ice cream somewhere @frankwbrown!

Fantastic job challenging yourself to finish the last leg of your cycling badge after the long hike. 🥇

I don’t think your achievements pale in comparison to the Olympians. YES! - “Here’s to being the best we can be!” 🥂 We’re each running our own race so it’s all relative — Enjoy your rest!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,966 Member
    Good morning

Sunday steps

75 Soft Day 2: check

Here's to a great week!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Im not sure if the moderators saw this but I requested to be in the step challenge

Step Goal: 8500
    Wed 08/07: 2334
    Thu 08/08: 8779
    Fri 08/09: 8968
    Sat 08/10: 4391
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited August 12
    x5b5gw972gv8.jpg

It's halfway through year 2024 - what milestones are you celebrating that you have accomplished so far?? 🤔

I can say I have been getting activity in 5 out of 7 days of the week and attending yoga classes at the studio

Let's Celebrate🎉🎉🎉
  • LaurieWrobo
    tufbxk5o0zie.jpg
    Here's something to try for this week!!
    Let's check in by mid-week to see how it's going😉
  • LaurieWrobo
    Steps
    8/9 7,798
    8/10 4,446
    8/11 8,488
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,966 Member
    tufbxk5o0zie.jpg
    Here's something to try for this week!!
    Let's check in by mid-week to see how it's going😉

@LaurieWrobo I like this, thanks for the inspiration
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    8/9-7,327
    8/10-12,554
    8/11-8,366
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue - Steps
    8/11 11,391
  • looneycatblue
    @DaffyGirl88 Thank you for joining me in the Soft 75 challenge
    Day 3 and going strong!
  • Pupowl
    @pupowl Tinus has got the life!!!! Love that little area just for him!!! What color are you planning for the wall...the same or something different?
    Jessica

I still really like the green I have now so I didn't even consider painting it a different color. I don't think it would look good and it would be even more work so just sticking with this green. It is also very hard to pick a color based on something you only see on a computer screen.
This discussion has been closed.