Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,966 Member
    Hi All:

Long day, horrible mood...going to bed. Hope everyone's day was better than mine!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 can you maybe put it to good use and count it for the mental health challenge? 😉 Hope you have a better tomorrow. 💕
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    @jessicakrall8 hang on in there ,hope today is a better day for you.
    @Cyncia85 good luck for your exam & hope you're successful in your future job applications.
    My steps
    8/5 14,913
    8/6 6,286
    8/7 10,571
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 686 Member
    @Cyncia85 Wow. You sure have been taking a lot of tests! Tests give me stress:) I hope and pray that you pass your test today. Good luck and hopefully they will contact you soon about your application.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    If it is not too late, I would like to be added to the step challenge again (sorry forgot we need to sign-up each month)
    Goal: 10,000. I like would like to walk in a lovely forest like @Pupowl , but I live in a busy city... next best is to walk to and around our local parks. :)
    8/1 3,579
    8/2 6,634
    8/3 10,234
    8/4 8,568
    8/5 4,236
    8/6 5,980
    8/7 12,788
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    @jessicakrall8 - Hope you had a restful night’s sleep and feel better today.

@Cyncia85 - Good for you for doing the practice exams to prepare for the test. I tell my sons that they can only do their best and even if they don’t pass the first time, they will know more of the information than they did before taking the class. I’m sending good vibes and feel confident you’ll do well.

Sometimes it helps me to think about the worst case scenario and make a plan so I know I can deal with any outcome. For example, I’ll know which areas I need to work out if I review the items I got wrong, etc. However, you’re not going to need that strategy this time! Visualize yourself moving through the items with ease and confidence— you’ve got this!

The job interview process seems tedious and ridiculous these days, with so many rounds of reviews and interviews. I agree that the employees also seem really bad about letting people know when they have filled the position so they can move on to other tasks and applications. It might feel good to take out your frustrations on the course and leave your troubles behind in the mud! Hang in there and best wishes for your test, race, and job application. Thinking of you today!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    Your renovation plan sounds reinvigorating @pupowl! I like to reorganize my work or living space to get a fresh start on a new project or goal. My decluttering process seems to move so much more slowly than other people. I admire your ability to get rid of things you no longer want so decisively. I think there’s an emotional correlation between getting rid of stuff and weight loss that I might need to explore!

The image of Tinus avoiding the watermelon made me smile. New can be scary but he seems to have overcome his fear 😅. What a nice gesture for the young guy to share the fruit in exchange for the protein bars. Small gestures like that renew my faith in humanity — we need more of those so thanks for sharing!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 686 Member
    @Pupowl I love the picture of Tinus and the watermelon. That face! So cute. Pets are such wonderful companions. They can be so funny too.
    I know what you mean about selling online. People can be so flaky. I like your plans for the room. Love Ikea, but there are none anywhere near where I live. There is one where my son lives, so when we visit him, we always go to Ikea!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    edited August 10
    pjw1ssnr6jme.jpg

Step Challenge Results for July

Week 1 - @izzyred9400 with 117,366 steps!
    Week 2 - @Pupowl with 122,509 steps!
    Week 3 - @Pupowl with 120,850 steps!
    Week 4 - @Pupowl with 114,411 steps!
    Week 5 - @Pupowl with 115,297 steps!

Top 3 for the Month
    1. @Pupowl with 469,389 steps!!!
    2. @izzyred9400 with 431,316 steps!!
    3. @JessicaKrall8 with 381,869 steps!

Overall, as a team, we walked nearly 2.5 million steps!! WTG to all who participated! Great job!
    Jessica
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,966 Member
    Good morning everyone
    Thursday Steps

Friday weigh in
    PW: 156.2
    CW: 154.4

A little over in my carbs the last couple of days but generally a good week.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In - can I please be excused - I'm still up from eating more carbs b/c of my migraine earlier this week 😢
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Steps
    8/6 5,170
    8/7 7,417
    8/8 7,536
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/6: 11,011
    Wed 8/7: 10,333
    Thu 8/8: 10,209