Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    @CasandraW Thank you for the suggestion! I just looked up my maintenance calories, since I honestly had no idea. The number is way higher than I expected so I have been eating around that mark already for the past 2 months with a few binge days thrown in. I think eating the lower calories should be fine. If the food I eat is healthy, high protein and high fiber, then I am not hungry. It's the chocolate, croissants, chips, pizza etc that has been the problem. It is still a big difference in eating though which is why I am fine with anything up to 1800 calories. To me that is quite a lot already. In the past, I would be upset with anything over 1500. Just got to make the right food choices.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    edited August 4
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @Pupowl have you tried eating at maintenance for a while? I find that is a good reset. That way I don't go from the extreme of over eating to eating a deficit.
    Many experts recommend eating at maintenance periodically if you're in a long term weight loss endeavor. The reasoning has to do not only with a psychological benefit but with a physiological effect called adaptive thermogenesis aka metabolic adaptation. Just be careful it doesn't lure you into complacency like it did me. I think I'm finally ready to do some steady deficit eating, hopefully until the end of the year.

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @frankwbrown i planning on eating around maintenance for the month of August and hit it hard come September when our routine is back. All these injuries and health issues have really set me back and lead me to complacency. One more hand surgery to go.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    Good discussion of how to deal with the fluctuations that we have to deal with while trying to make positive changes in our lives — motivation, calorie targets, etc. It’s hard work but the support of the group feels helpful to me! 🙏🏼

Thanks for continuing to share your photos @Pupowl. Usually, I see your posts in the morning and the nature photos seem to center/ ground me as I face the day — calming, soothing, warm! ☺️

Great job taking inspiration from the Olympics and channeling your inner triathlete @frankwbrown! 🤩🥇🤩

I’m finding it difficult to get motivated today and the day is getting away from me so I’m glad my son just asked me if I wanted to do our regular ab workout— it broke my inertia!

So, I’m going to drink a glass of water to get closer to my habit tracker goal for the day, and accomplish some tasks! I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Hey Shape Shifters; I'm an empty nester, married 33 years; both me and my husband work remote from home; my son and daughter-in-law moved 4 houses down the street from us and are expecting their first baby - a girl and she will be induced this Tuesday; my youngest son lives in Atlanta,
    GA with his fiancee - they are getting married in September destination wedding in CO - to be married on a mountain
    My husband is Type 1 diabetic from his Stage 1 pancreatic cancer as they removed 2/3 of his pancreas 2 years ago in April. He is currently in remission from pancreatic cancer but has residual effects from chemo - neuropathy in both feet plus other nerve damage issues from herniated disk 11yrs ago
    I'm also dealing with elder parents in assisted living
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    looneycatblue
    Steps, 8/3/24 10,234
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    5gl6roii8ccf.png
    tahs52bnytz0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    alum717hyicv.png

By Pounds
    0ql4qk3lz83q.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    i3v8dqswni48.png

By Pounds
    nsebqoukxiuv.png
    3v8mutk0th7z.png

Team Winners
    v4cbj4c46tbm.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    nq3v6dnq9a5x.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    wdwlujpwf3bu.png
    dpbnhez9pyxs.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ojohmx8jjchp.png

By Pounds
    8oo6wwr59k26.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    uf3edhzay7lg.png

By Pounds
    2lgovqx8f60t.png
    1o9rthujx5v3.png

Team Winners
    kqktzleyb91b.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    sdsyknc7r63y.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal That's nice to hear that my pictures help you! I think starting the day with nature is the best thing ever. It really impacts the rest of my day positively when I go for a walk first thing in the morning.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,966 Member
    Good morning!

My steps for Sunday

Looking forward to a great week! @Pupowl I love the picture of the snail on the flower. I was in my garden yesterday and there was a mommy Monarch flitting from plant to plant laying eggs. Sadly I didn't have my phone with me. :(
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited August 5
    Congratulations to this week’s Shape Shifter leaders! I was especially impressed that our team had the highest percentage of members ‘in the green’ over the last five weeks! 🎉🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 5
    4php9sdsqvx9.jpg

So @frankwbrown got me curious. I had downloaded my weight graphs before, and enjoyed the downward trend, but I wanted to see what it looked like today. This is the past year from 8/5/2023 - 8/5/2024. You can clearly see where I went off the rails in July. :(

Frank, are you premium? Because I could only get the last year.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    What a nice surprise that your blood sugar level dropped @cre804! I hope your implant process goes smoothly.

@DaffyGirl88 - I have a regular account (not premium) and I’m able to see a chart of my progress since the beginning by selecting the “Since starting weight” option from the Date Range drop down menu. I hope that helps!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 5
    @frankwbrown and @PatriceFitnessPal Let's approach this from another angle. Where are you guys going to get this data? If I go to reports and choose weight I see last 7, 30, 90, 180 days and last year. If I select the Export button the drop down list is greyed out and has a yellow lock on it. Are y'all going to a different place? I see the Franks' chart says "My Weight" but mine just says "Weight". Thanks in advance. :smile:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    On the main menu, I selected ‘Progress’ and then adjusted the measure in the upper right corner to ‘weight’ (rather than steps or body measures). At the bottom of my screen (on my phone), I selected ‘Since starting weight,’ and it shows the graph with an option to export. I didn’t try exporting it but I don’t think you need a premium subscription. A screenshot is another option. I hope it works for you! 🤞
  • DaffyGirl88
    On the main menu, I selected ‘Progress’ and then adjusted the measure in the upper right corner to ‘weight’ (rather than steps or body measures). At the bottom of my screen (on my phone), I selected ‘Since starting weight,’ and it shows the graph with an option to export. I didn’t try exporting it but I don’t think you need a premium subscription. A screenshot is another option. I hope it works for you! 🤞

@PatriceFitnessPal That explains a lot! I am on my computer and there is no "Progress" there. I DO see it when I look at my phone though, thanks for the help!!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    My steps
    8/3 16,058
    8/4 15,228
    Please could I be added to the August Step Challenge at 15,000 steps.
    I like walking every day,my favourite places to walk in the Summer are my local park & along the many canal paths near me.
This discussion has been closed.