Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited August 20
    @looneycatblue Ouch, 3 cats is a lot. I am glad I just have one, he keeps me plenty busy. Rescues are the best. Tinus is a shelter kitty. Would love to see some pictures of them!
    @izzyred9400 It is a Kallax unit. They are also pretty popular I think, though not as famous as Billy. I personally prefer Kallax because they are so boxy and sturdy and being able to use them as a divider is great. Sounds like you had a great time! You look awesome in your picture, love your outfit and hair. I hope you have recovered from all the dancing!
    @frankwbrown I can see why that walk took you a while, looks very tricky. You are killing it with your movement/workouts!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Monday steps

Day 10/75 better today than over the weekend. The weekend was rough. :/

Weekends can be tough, but you can be tougher!
  • looneycatblue
    Steps:
    8/19 6,206 only a 30 min walk this morning. Was intending to get another in after getting home from work, but it was still pretty hot and I was too tired... :(

75 Soft, Day 9 / 11, hoping to get all 4 points done today, +10k steps!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    Good morning Shape Shifters
    Tuesday steps

D11/75 Tuesday was OK but my body did NOT want to get out of bed and ride my Peloton today. I listened to it and will have to make up for it later this afternoon.

@looneycatblue Thanks for the words of encouragement

@Pupowl Your room turned out very nice, and very hygge!

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 164.8
    CW: 165.8

Stomach issues & stress = gain 😞
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Steps
    8/18 6,673
    8/19 6,776
    8/20 7,173
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Tuesday steps

D11/75 Tuesday was OK but my body did NOT want to get out of bed and ride my Peloton today. I listened to it and will have to make up for it later this afternoon.

@looneycatblue Thanks for the words of encouragement

@Pupowl Your room turned out very nice, and very hygge!
    I can relate. Yesterday, I just couldn't find the motivation to ride my bike. So now, I have to make up for that. I will have to average 10+ miles/day if I'm going to complete my Garmin challenge. 🫤
  • looneycatblue
    Steps:
    8/20 10,179

75 Soft, Day 10 / 12 Completed all 4 yesterday. :)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters. I think all the house work is catching up with me because I have been exhausted. On Tuesday I went for another long walk. I did some more exploring in the new area and took some different trails. I had a good time again and I found a couple of feathers, though they were all in pretty rough shape. I actually used to collect feathers before I learned it was illegal to take them home and keep them. I still have a wooden box of them at home because they are cool and I don't have the heart to throw them away. I can't even remember when I started saving the pretty and special feathers, but it has been a long time. I suspect this is the only crime I will commit in my life, so I can live with that, lol.
    When I got home, I was very frustrated to see I only got 8 zone minutes for a 1h 27m walk. I don't understand how that is even possible. The two previous days were very different and I got plenty. I just can't imagine that on Tuesday my heart suddenly didn't feel like working. I wonder if it is a problem with my Fitbit. It is not the first time it has happened either and it is really annoying because then I feel like I didn't do anything for my heart health. Here is the data from Fitbit for the 3 walks:
    4z5xcrng0njl.jpg
    The rest of my day was pretty relaxing. Tinus was very lazy and he wanted to take a nap outside. So I grabbed a book and read outside for over 30 minutes while he was sleeping in the sun. It was cute. I also started and finished a 500 piece puzzle. I loved it and it had a manatee on it which always gets bonus points from me since they are one of my favourite animals.
    I went to bed on time and hoped to sleep in a bit on Wednesday. My bladder didn't agree with that plan and when I get up to pee, Tinus came charging into the bedroom, meowing his silly head off and wanting cuddles so I gave up and got up at 6:40. I finally sold one of the cat trees. I would have liked some more for it, but I also just want them gone, so I accepted a 65 euro bid (asking was 80, but that was a bit high/optimistic). The lady could pick it up the same day which was nice. Now I just have to huge tree left to sell.
    I had a super lazy day and planned to ignore my step goal. Of course I couldn't let it be so I did a bunch of stepping in the evening to get to my 14k goal. When I was in bed, my brain wouldn't be quiet and I was thinking of all the things I still needed to do around the house. The next area I want to make better is the laundry/storage room. Thinking about all that stuff meant I couldn't sleep. I didn't feel like staying awake in bed so I got up again and played a video game for a while. A big spider also came to say hello. I saw him creeping up on the wall and he was a little too big and scary for my liking, so I caught him and put him outside. When I finally went to bed, it was around 0:40 which is really late for me, but I was tired enough that I fell asleep fast. Though I didn't get enough sleep, I did sleep pretty well. I am guessing today will also be a lazy day. Have a good day everyone <3
    laa1z5ilw0tg.jpg
    arftsv6h53i6.jpg
    j0py9lam3e2k.jpg
    tk5wi530kuzj.jpg
    541vkojoea3t.jpg
    hb7ej0by9cap.jpg
    qwn7d7t4c5vd.jpg
    m5zodprpw993.jpg
    ytwwupuk9oxz.jpg
    6fvq4hmlbhrv.jpg
    izcpixwoji96.jpg
    chkuy1gtpm8m.jpg
    tr4iltybl550.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    Wednesday steps

D12/75 went well, the scale doesn't seem to be moving though. :| I was hoping that since the weight went on over about a 3 week time period that it didn't have time to take up permanent residence. Such is not the case. :(

@Pupowl Good for you! I cannot say that I would've done the same with the spider.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    I’ve seen some great losses and strong workouts this week! Congratulations, Shape Shifters!

This week has been packed with tasks to help my son move and my mother and her aunt (my great aunt) age in place. It feels good to accomplish some of the jobs on my list, but my body has been sore everyday after hours of cleaning.

I’ve been reading all your posts, and appreciate the energy and encouragement you all bring to the Shape Shifter Chat. I’ll look forward to posting a few updates after I return home from Boston.

Today, I’m trying to see some people before I leave, and tomorrow I’m taking my mother for a driving assessment. I suspect they will recommend surrendering her license, which will likely feel like a big loss of independence, even though she hasn’t been driving lately. There’s still some cleaning, unpacking, and decluttering left to do with my son and mother but I’m satisfied with the amount of work we accomplished. I hope you all enjoy the weekend and make some progress toward your goals!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    Here’s my weekly weigh-in report —

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 147

SW: 168
    LTD: 21

Thank you @Pupowl and @jessicakrall8 for keeping everything organized and on track with the group!
  • DaffyGirl88
    cre804 wrote: »
    CRE804
    Friday
    PW 194.5
    CW 195.0
    I apologize for no weigh in this past Friday. I’m out of town and am having difficulty posting again. I was 195.0 last Friday and I will miss this Friday.

We have escaped the oppressive Texas heat and are enjoying 67 and sunny temps on Mackinac Island!

@cre804 Wow! You went from the bottome of the country to the tippy top! LOL Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.