Replies

• Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Highest weight: 239.8
    PW (Previous Weight): 229.2
    CW (Current Weight): 232.6 (I should not use traveling as an excuse to eat whatever I want 😞)
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Step Goal: 8500
    Thu 08/22: 5370
    Fri 08/23: 8156

What I’ve been tracking…
    Running Average..
    • Net Calories ( 11418 / 10500 )
      🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🟢🔘

= Daily Avg: 1903 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs ( 604 / 350 )
      🔴🔴🟢🟢🟢🟢🔘

= Daily Avg: 100 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps ( 51768 / 59500)
      🟢🔴🔴🟢🔴🔴🔘

= Daily Avg: 8628 (Goal: 8500)
    Aug; Wk3 (so far):
    • Log / Exe(1Hr) / Und-Cs
      🔴🔴🟢🔴🔴🟢🔘
      (Yes Days: 2 / 6 Days)
    • No Drinking
      🟢🟢🔴🔴🔴🔴🔘
      (Just Said NO-Days: 2 / 5 Days)
    Wed/Thu:
    I started reminding myself that this’s is my last chance to finish August with a loss.. since I weigh in on Sundays, the first day of each challenge week. I reassessed and broke down my daily goal tracking further. I’m hoping this will help me understand my weight fluctuations quicker(I weigh myself daily). I also increased my exercise calorie burn in my Apple fitness tracker to 450 calories to burn daily.
    Friday:
    Got a new Apple Watch series 9 and I just love it! I stuck to an intermittent fasting schedule and increased the intensity of my treadmill workout(got a few useful tips from my manager who runs for charities all the time Poker game’s tonight. They’re serving tacos. It’s not something I need to eat if it’s in front of me but not sure how I’m going to handle hunger without bringing my own snack (don’t want to offend anyone)
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The Group Challenge for week 4 is now posted. This week will be a photo challenge! I hope to see you there! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922454/august-week-4-group-challenge-photo-challenge#latest
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @alleykat69 Being back in the 200's when you were down must really suck. I don't think you gained 2.3lbs from pizza and cheese curls. It's probably water weight from the increased carbs and salt.

^ this

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    Good morning Shape Shifters

Saturday steps

D15/75 I got a little bit derailed at the book festival yesterday. There was more standing in line than walking and the coffee shop didn't have any sugar free pumpkin spice 🎃 Yes, I'm one of those. ☺️ All I need is Panera autumn squash soup and my life will be complete. 😂

Then went for Mexican 🌮 with my daughter who met me at the festival. I logged as best I could with the info from the menu but am sure that's not accurate. Anywho, back to normal today.

Have a great week everyone!
  • lauren_989
    The registration for September is now open. Since you are already on a team, you do not need to re-join. However, if you know anyone who would like to join us, send them this link!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922487/registration-for-new-members-september-2024#latest
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 8/23: 10,374
    Sat 8/24: 10,262
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Tomsgal1985 - It can be difficult to stay on track when we aren’t able to carry out our usual plan. I was just traveling and didn’t follow my usual exercise and nutrition routine. I’m thinking I need to develop a specific plan for when I visit my family in Boston since I go there about one week every month. Your post about not allowing travel to serve as an excuse to eat whatever [we] want is prompting me to create a plan for my next trip.

@Krysless2 and @iradi8 - Drinking tea is my strategy to reduce snacking at night, too.In winter, sometimes I’ll heat up some apple sauce and a graham cracker and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top, or put a little bit of peanut butter on top of some apple slices. During the pandemic, my adult sons were home from college and we tried some different healthy snacks while watching a TV series together — roasted Brussel sprouts were a favorite for awhile and we like hummus with pita bread or veggies. For me, the key is checking the calories and setting a specific limit on the portion size. I’ve heard some people drink water or suck on ice cubes. Sometimes I like to just sip hot water (or add lemon) but not everyone likes that —

Here’s a list that might include something's you like: https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/g38083413/healthy-late-night-snacks/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mgu_ga_pre_md_dsa_prog_mix_us_19931675023&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrKu2BhDkARIsAD7GBou-EndNnY6D4AXotGFmnWRRedsRKS5rT-jKsbBClheESFYYB-iMpPYaAhpxEALw_wcB
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited August 25
    @allykat69 — I’m on team @CasandraW and @DaffyGirl88 about the extra water retained from carbs giving the illusion of weight gain. I think we store 2-3 grams of water for every carb that our body holds onto for energy to use later.

Recently, I think @LaurieWrobo recommended drinking extra water to flush it out, which seems counterintuitive but works. You’ll stay on a downward trajectory as long as you don’t let this kind of fluctuation sabotage all the work you’ve done. I hope you can use this opportunity to remind yourself how good it feels when you are at that lower weight — whether it’s the 190’s or some other goal! Hang in there — we’re rooting for you! 👏👏👏
  • lauren_989
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    vyeb6h1j8fjg.png
    16m4vpw95kl0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    my5fnd7nknh0.png

By Pounds
    8ka8quz1l1zk.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    f3xddcnihauq.png

By Pounds
    4mukswpvu52q.png

Team Winners
    cedcjbgjs063.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    fd4y01iq4bk7.png
  • lauren_989
    Hi Shape Shifters, you have a teammate returning! Please welcome back @Zaxa2021 :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    g64o0d143th6.jpg

Welcome back, @zaxa2021!! We've all been there...you're not alone...just glad to see you amongst the team again! Please go back and read pg 1 of this thread, in case you have any questions. Anything not covered in the FAQ file, just ask, as you already know.

Hope September is a good month for you...helps you get back in your health routine! Reminder, we have weekly Group Challenges and the Step Challenge...two more opportunities for motivation!
    Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    @Zaxa2021 WELCOME BACK!
    Strange thing, I was thinking about you today and your twins while I was out for my walk. While I was complaining to myself, how tired my legs were feeling, I remembered you trying to fit in your runs, after long days with your boys... truly inspiring!
  • looneycatblue
    edited August 25
    Steps:
    8/21 12,203
    8/22 10,794
    8/23 8,803
    8/24 12,574

75 Soft, Day 14 / 16 Keeping on, and enjoying the process of making new habits.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue
    Sun, Aug 25th
    PW: 164.6
    CW: 164.6 (this was lower yesterday, but happy for -0- gain)
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 553 Member
    @Zaxa2021 WELCOME BACK!
    Strange thing, I was thinking about you today and your twins while I was out for my walk. While I was complaining to myself, how tired my legs were feeling, I remembered you trying to fit in your runs, after long days with your boys... truly inspiring!

Lol, I'm honored you even thought about me, much less found inspiration from it. I definitely have a way to go to get back to where I was, but I'm glad to be doing it with you all again!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Steps
    8/29 6,969
    8/30 11,600
This discussion has been closed.