Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    @angmarie28 and @pupowl Could use a couple of great walkers in the group challenge...why don't you two team up and bring it?!!! Shape Shifters...come join the partner walk this week...link is on pg 10!!!
    Jessica

Jees, sorry I just seen this. Been a crazy work week (picked up on my days off) so this is the first I've had a chance to hop on here. I'm going to start trying to make a point to log on every day or 2. My kids go back to school in 2 weeks, so my schedule will change and I will be going to work later, but I'll try to still get up at the same time and workout every morning. I'll make this page part of my goal as well. I need to get my *kitten* together, I'm fine on my days off, I do great, don't eat much, but as soon as I'm at work, I just want to eat, it's terrible.
  • angmarie28
    8/18-10,406
    8/19-11,547
    8/20-10,651
    8/21-10,864
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    edited August 22
    @Pupowl Ah ! Thank you for your lovely comments.I did well with my dress only £3.50;from a charity shop.I bought some heatless curlers from Primark but wasn't sure if it would work as they didn't come with instructions.I then cut them up ro roll my hair at the back.My friend Pam helped thank goodness.I was sad that my Mum's wedding dress that I wore at the evening on my wedding wouldn't fit me now.My Mum & Dad got married in 1948 it was a flowery short silk dress.Sadly I weighed about 104 lbs then 😏
    I am still in some pain in my right hip & now my right knee.I still went to Dance fit this evening & was OK until I walked home.

It is annoying that your Fitbit seems to vary.Im thinking of getting another Garmin watch as sometimes I set off walking then realise I forgot to start it,so eventhough it's recorded my steps it doesn't count as a walk so doesn't show calories burned.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    @angmarie28 and @pupowl Could use a couple of great walkers in the group challenge...why don't you two team up and bring it?!!! Shape Shifters...come join the partner walk this week...link is on pg 10!!!
    Jessica

Jees, sorry I just seen this. Been a crazy work week (picked up on my days off) so this is the first I've had a chance to hop on here. I'm going to start trying to make a point to log on every day or 2. My kids go back to school in 2 weeks, so my schedule will change and I will be going to work later, but I'll try to still get up at the same time and workout every morning. I'll make this page part of my goal as well. I need to get my *kitten* together, I'm fine on my days off, I do great, don't eat much, but as soon as I'm at work, I just want to eat, it's terrible.

No worries @angmarie28 Just noticed how much you've increased your stepping and though it might make for some fun for both you and @pupowl, so was just a suggestion...Hope you find some down time...you always seem to running around like crazy...I get exhausted just reading your schedule sometimes LOL!! Hope the kids are excited about the new school year...what grades are they in this time? Back to school is challenging and exciting at the same time! Hang in there!!
    Jessica
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 686 Member
    @Krysless2 My husband likes to sit on the sofa next to me and snack at night while we're watching TV together. I usually don't eat after 8PM. It took me many years to figure out something that would work for me. I started to drink tea at night when he's snacking. It's a distraction for me, and I am putting something in my mouth. There's a lot of herbal teas with no caffeine, so I just experimented until I found one or two that I like.

@PatriceFitnessPal That is a lot of work. That's great that you help your family members.

@Pupowl I like seeing your pictures so much. I love being out in nature. The places you walk look so serene. Beautiful feathers and caterpillars!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Steps
    8/21 6,176
    8/22 5,597
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Jessica

No worries @angmarie28 Just noticed how much you've increased your stepping and though it might make for some fun for both you and @pupowl, so was just a suggestion...Hope you find some down time...you always seem to running around like crazy...I get exhausted just reading your schedule sometimes LOL!! Hope the kids are excited about the new school year...what grades are they in this time? Back to school is challenging and exciting at the same time! Hang in there!!
    Jessica

My life is exhausting, guess I'm more like my mom than I thought, she worked 10 to 12 hour days 6 days a week for 20 years. I was looking forward to my long weekend, instead I'm picking up a shift on one of them, the other 2 are full of Dr. Appointments, gymnastics, and one last trip to the water park before summer ends, lol.

School is exciting this year, my oldest graduated in May, my other 2 boys are freshman and sophomore, the sophomore is autistic and struggles in school and has been home schooled off and on since 8th grade. They are starting a new charter school and both my boys will be going there, I thing it will be good for both of them. And my daughter is going into 4th grade. And as of yesterday, my daughter advanced in gymnastics, so her classes are now longer, ugh. Maybe I'll use that time and go for a walk?
  • angmarie28
    8/22-9,092
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    My steps
    8/20 9,931
    8/21 8,186
    8/22 23,104
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    frankwbrown
    August week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, August 23
    PW: 255.0 lbs
    CW: 257.3 lbs (↑2.3 lbs; 0.9%)
    This month's LTD: (↓2.3 lbs; 0.89%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/20: 11,686
    Wed 8/21: 12,546
    Thu 8/22: 10,036
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 284 Member
    alleykat69
    weigh in: Saturday
    pw:199.9
    cw: 202.0

I gained. not happy about this. I was doing so good about staying out of the 200's. I ate two slices of pizza abd some cheese curls yesterday and gained 2.3 lbs. yuck! I have no willpower. I can answer will do better this week. I will lose this weight again.
This discussion has been closed.