Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    Good morning!

Sunday steps

May be back later to catch up, off to work now. :|
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    Welcome back @Zaxa2021 I hope your gorgeous twin boys are OK?
    It's a Bank Holiday today but my hubby was still in work.The gym opened at 10 so I got up early & went to my Dance fit class.Like @frankwbrown I'm trying to finish my badges & challenges on Garmin.
    I had a swim after the class,I wanted to chill in the Steam Room but sadly it wasn't working properly.

My steps
    8/23 15,038
    8/24 18,157
    8/25 10,658
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    @Zaxa2021 Your boys are so adorable!!! I'm sorry for the struggles you are going through. Hopefully with therapy they will continue to get stronger.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    Steps:
    8/25 7,171

My legs felt like dead weight yesterday. Got a nice long morning walk in, 6k steps, but then took it easy for the rest of the day. Not sure what was up yesterday, maybe just needed a little break. Feeling much better today.

How do you High Steppers do it day-after-day? Do your legs ever get tired?

75 Soft, Day 15 / 17
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    @zaxa2021 Your two boys are handsome little dudes...bet they keep you hopping!!! Thanks for sharing...and again, welcome back to the team!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited August 26
    @looneycatblue We had a pretty nasty storm here on Saturday, and I always wait a few days with walking in the forest after such a high wind day because I just think it is too dangerous. Especially after this time, I expect there was a lot of damage and not everything falls down the same day. So that means I have to step at home. At a daily goal of 14k, I mostly get super bored. I guess it is something you need to get used to. I only get tired legs if I walk over 90 minutes in one go, but that is always gone the next day. As for how I do it, it is just a habit at this point. I set a goal, I hit my goal. Not hitting it doesn't really feel like an option anymore, though I very rarely have bad days and don't make it (yesterday I 'only' got 11k). Since it almost never happens, I don't get upset about it. There are many ways you can get more steps. Waiting for the oven to preheat, step around. Brushing my teeth, stepping. Boiling water for tea, stepping. You get the idea, lol.
  • DaffyGirl88
    @looneycatblue absolutely my legs get tired! My steps fell off a bit the last few months, with "almost" everything else, but I used the recent challenge to get me back in the groove. Like @Pupowl said it is mostly habit at this point. For example, I have been getting up at 0415 and exercising before work for almost 20 years now, with only a brief break early in the pandemic when my gym closed and before I found the Peloton app. It is so ingrained that I don't have to set my alarm.

After that I try to keep on the move all day. I don't go for long walks as I work from 6:30-4:00 but I try to get up from my desk and walk for 10 minutes every hour. That is about 1,000 steps. Throw in some other movement, or a short walk after dinner and I hit my goal if 12k. Every little bit adds up.

Take a day to rest and then start up again. Rest days are allowed, even encouraged. Could be you tried to do too much too quickly with the 75 Soft and all. You got this!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    Hi @Zaxa2021, welcome back!
    You missed last week's steps challenge!
  • frankwbrown
    Just came across this quote and thought I'd share it:

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." ~ Tom Landry
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    Hi @Zaxa2021, welcome back!
    You missed last week's steps challenge!

FYI we’re planning another for week 3 in Sep!! @zaxa2021 and @frankwbrown 😊

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 284 Member
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @alleykat69 Being back in the 200's when you were down must really suck. I don't think you gained 2.3lbs from pizza and cheese curls. It's probably water weight from the increased carbs and salt.

you're probably right but it still sucks. I worked hard to get out if the 200's and stayed out for a good bit too. it will he all right. I've done it before and I can do it again.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good morning
    Monday steps

D17/75 still hanging in but getting a bit discouraged :/
  • frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 8/25: 10,665
    Mon 8/26: 12,495
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 388 Member
    Maintenance weigh in
    PW: 125.5
    CW: 124

Steps:
    Aug 22= 11,696
    Aug 23= 12,053
    Aug 24= 6824
    Aug 25= 7582
    Aug 26= 9902
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member
    Good morning
    Monday steps

D17/75 still hanging in but getting a bit discouraged :/

It looks as though you’re doing great with the 75 Day Challenge! Are you hitting a rough patch with the exercise routine? Do you want to talk about why you’re feeling discouraged?

I’ve been thinking of your move and the repairs you faced after experiencing water damage. I hope things are coming together.

We had water damage that caused a ton of damage (e.g., carpeting and floor ruined in three bedrooms and the hallway upstairs, ceiling replacement needed on the first floor, etc.) so I hope you are starting to see the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ with your future home.

We’re rooting for you! — & you, too, @looneycatblue!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    🤩 Another fantastic weigh-in @JenHul!

Keep up the good work!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    So glad to see you back @Zaxa2021

I love the photo of your sons, zooming along with their gait trainers! Good luck keeping up with them!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Thanks for the tips on building leg strength and endurance for walking @Pupowl and @DaffyGirl88.

My nephew, his brother, his girlfriend, and her dad are all planning to run the Athens to Marathon race in Greece in 2027. It mimics the famous run that inspired the marathon name and distance. I’m thinking about joining them since I have ample time to train. So, I was interested in @looneycatblue’s comment about sore legs.

My feet have been sore the morning after playing soccer so I’m not sure if I can run like I used to — and the longest distance race I’ve ever joined is a half marathon about 20 years ago!

For now, I’ll sign up for a 5k and see how that goes before making a decision I’m inspired by all the walkers and appreciate the inspirational quote, @frankwbrown!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    8/23-4,688 (lazy day)
    8/24-7,766
    8/25-9,899
    8/26-10,001
This discussion has been closed.