Shape Shifters Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    Good evening everyone. Hope everyone is having a good start to their week. I'm ready for my weekend. Tomorrow is my Friday, thank goodness, I got called in for an extra shift Saturday, then staying late tonight because 2 people didn't show up so I had no one to replace me, ugh. I wish I knew how people could afford to not work. Next week kids start school so my work hours change, can't wait because I should have more time to workout then. We get to tour the new high school my boys will be going to tomorrow, its the first charter school here and they will be the first to get to go there. My diet has been a little better this week, avoiding snacks at work is super difficult though with endless frees.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Step Goal:8500
    Fri 08/23: 8156
    Sat 08/24: 8505
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,422 Member
    Steps
    8/25 11,668
    8/26 10,616
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,968 Member
    Tuesday steps
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    @Zaxa2021 I love it that you are looking at the positives & enjoying your lovely lively boys.Good luck keeping up with them 🤣
    @PatriceFitnessPal I used to live close to Marathon when I lived in Greece when I was 19.How wonderful to do the legendary race.
    It would be a wonderful experience to watch the members of your family even if you don't manage to compete.As you say you have time to give it a go.
    I too am inspired by @frankwbrown taking up running 🏃‍♂️
    I used to run but because of health problems I have to keep to low impact exercise now.Im still quite lively in my Dance Fit classes though 😄
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    My steps
    8/26 16,035
    8/27 12,280
  • DaffyGirl88
    D18/75 did OK today, nothing specatcular as I was hungry all day so ate more then usual. Didn't go off the rails though. LOL

@PatriceFitnessPal do I want to talk about why I'm discouraged? I could write a book! Basically it's the same old story - my life went off the rails in June & July and I gained 7 lbs in about 6 weeks. They don't seem to want to leave me.

@looneycatblue I think you jinxed me, I got on the bike this morning and my legs felt like lead. I did a half-hearted 20 minute ride and then got off and did mobility exercises instead. LOL
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 686 Member
    iradi8
    Wednesday Weigh-In

PW: 207.8
    CW: 207.0
    LTD: 45.6 lbs
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,439 Member

@PatriceFitnessPal I used to live close to Marathon when I lived in Greece when I was 19. How wonderful to do the legendary race.
    It would be a wonderful experience to watch the members of your family even if you don't manage to compete. As you say you have time to give it a go. …

@izzyred9400 - Thank you for the encouragement. I love your idea of cheering on my family members even if I can’t run with them!

Yes — Keep dancing! 💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,827 Member
    @DaffyGirl88, I've been gaining too, and I'm having to rely on a lot of faith that if I just keep on keepin' on, things will get better. In the meantime, look for some NSV's.
    @PatriceFitnessPal, I can't even imagine a half marathon, let alone a full marathon. I'm hoping though to one day do the hiker option on a half marathon race (you get an extra hour to complete).

I have only 22 miles left on my Garmin cycling challenge and three days in which to complete it. That shouldn't be a problem, as I've been riding over 10 miles/day for the past week and feel okay. Once I complete this, I will have completed 19 of the 26 challenges for August. I've never done that many challenges before. Looking forward to September!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited August 29
    Good morning Shape Shifters!

Wednesday steps

Lower than usual as we drive to our VA house after work (about 5 hours in the car) but am ready to step again today.

@frankwbrown I think I need to put a Garmin on my Christmas wish lis, I think I would really enjoy those challenges! I usually do the monthly cycling, strength and active minutes challenges on Peloton. The cycling one is 50 miles bronze, 100 miles silver and 150 miles gold. I shoot for the gold and am sometimes squeaking by the last few days. :D I already made it this month, which is good as my Peloton is in Maryland. :smile: It only counts Peloton miles though, not my road bike miles. I recently bought a second bike to keep at this house, more of a hybrid that I can use to ride to the library or my daughter's house. It's also still in MD as the bike rack is on my car and we typically bring my husband's. 😕

Got some good news this week though, the insurance company approved payment of our claim and authorized us to start rebuilding. The contractor is coming over this afternoon with the contract. Keep your fingers crossed that he says he can start soon and doesn't say something ridiculous like he's booked until Christmas. 😯🤞
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @angmarie28 - It’s terrible that the next shift of nurses didn’t relieve you after working so hard. At the hospital where my brother-in-law (BIL) is chief of medicine, they have an ‘on call’ nurse assigned in case someone can’t get to work for their assigned shift. I know you’re probably in a more rural location in Montana than he is in Boston, so there may be a shortage of trained staff, but the situation sounds untenable — it’s not safe for the staff or patients! My BIL always says things like: Stay out of the hospital; it’s too dangerous there! The finance people have been making more decisions than the medical professionals - and the President and Board were milking the hospital dry with their own compensation while cutting physicians’ salaries across the hospital - so he’s actually relieved that the state is taking over the hospital.

These examples are a good reminder for us to take care of our health to prevent any medical intervention/care that requires a hospital stay.
    Sorry for the rant 😤 —

On a more positive note, I hope the high school tour went well, and you are enjoying a more consistent schedule with a better shift and your kids at school! 😅
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @DaffyGirl88 and @frankwbrown — I feel the pain of the gain, too! The struggle is real 🥵

I maintained my target weight for a year (2021-2022) after losing about 40 pounds. Then, I gradually gained roughly about half the weight back — roughly 20 pounds. My biggest disappointment was creeping back into the ‘over weight’ BMI category from the mid-range of normal.’

I’m cautiously optimistic that I’m back on track now! I was working on some other areas of my life that I want to improve, and I’m starting to gain some balance in those areas, so things seem to be coming together. Now, I’m working hard to adopt daily habits that allow me to sustain the balance without as much hard work. I’m convinced that building better habits will reduce the need for constant thought and motivation. I’m not there yet, but the scale is finally moving down again, and the routine is getting easier — and more fun!

I’m confident we can get through these difficult phases with a longer term view and a focus on continuous improvement. To paraphrase @frankwbrown, we need to keep the faith that ‘things will get better’ if we stick to our plan (e.g., consistently tracking calories in/calories out, etc.).

Hang in there, Shape Shifters!

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 388 Member
    Good Morning!
    I leave tomorrow for Edmonton to see PINK concert on Saturday! I'm so excited, I think it is going to be a great show.

Steps:
    Aug 27= 10,663
    Aug 28= 8815
  • DaffyGirl88
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning!
    I leave tomorrow for Edmonton to see PINK concert on Saturday! I'm so excited, I think it is going to be a great show.

Steps:
    Aug 27= 10,663
    Aug 28= 8815

Enjoy! I love her!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Hi team shape shifters. You have a new team member joining. Please welcome @p8m6bwghh9!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    edited August 29
    9milrycukobl.jpg
    Welcome @p8m6bwghh9 to the team!!! Please take a minute and introduce yourself to everyone and share a little about your goals for September and beyond. FYI, I recommend you go back to pg one of this chat thread and read our FAQ file, which is always found on pg 1 of each month's chat thread. It answers all kinds of questions for new members and if you have questions AFTER you read it, just post in this thread here and one of us will get back to you.

Take advantage of this amazing source of inspiration and motivation...you will get out of it, what you put in, so post often...ask questions...post articles, pictures, memes, quotes...also, you have several other sources of motivation...our weekly group challenges and links for those are posted here on Saturdays...challenges always start on Sunday and run through the following Saturday. They change every week and cover all sorts of areas of nutrition, fitness, self-care, etc. Finally, we also have our step challenge. Info on that is found in the FAQ file and you can find the stats for the step challenge directly below the spreadsheet where the weigh-ins are posted. Links for both are off of the main FAT2FIT page...

Again, welcome and good luck in September from both of your Captains (me and @pupowl) and our two motivators (@cyncia85 and @lauriewrobo)!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,393 Member
    WALKERS...please remember to post your steps every 2-3 days...makes it so much easier to keep up with the stats for your poor Captains...take pity on us...we're overworked and underpaid...wait, we volunteer...LOL

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.