VIP LOUNGE! Welcome to the 2024 Fall 5% Challenge!

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,882 Member
    Diane: Fall weather is here and I believe Sunday is the first day of fall
  • Lulabelbo
    Lulabelbo Posts: 5 Member
    Hello everyone - I totally enjoyed participating in the challenges this year. And altho I never made a 5%loss in the 8 or 10 week period, I looked back at where I was when I started this year A definite loss… and holding. I’d like to join for the fall but will be on vacation until 10/15 so will miss the initial weigh in. Could I late enter my starting weight?
    I kind of like being randomly placed on a team. So can I just not select a team and be randomly placed? That is, if the late weigh in is acceptable.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    Affirmation: I am the painter of my heart. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    edited September 21
    Lulabelbo wrote: »
    Hello everyone - I totally enjoyed participating in the challenges this year. And altho I never made a 5%loss in the 8 or 10 week period, I looked back at where I was when I started this year A definite loss… and holding. I’d like to join for the fall but will be on vacation until 10/15 so will miss the initial weigh in. Could I late enter my starting weight?
    I kind of like being randomly placed on a team. So can I just not select a team and be randomly placed? That is, if the late weigh in is acceptable.

WB!!! WOOHOO I hardly ever make my 5% now, but like you I am still seeing progress!! Its a WIN/WIN!!!! SUPER CONGRATS!!!! We'll probably be invited to our teams around the 2nd of October. Notice: Probably around, but it'll be close. Once you are on a team please notify by email your Captain (Challenge Leader) and also Baggage Handler (Weigh In Leader). ENJOY THE TRIP!!! Always fun to get away!! Please also keep track of what exercise amount of time you do (do you find on vacation you get in more exercise? I DO!) and once you are home you can jump on in and report it.
    @Patti241, it sure does!! Its feeling fallish now!! I am so pleased!! You know WINTAH is my favorite time!
    @Kurtize, LOVE that painter of my heart. We sure do have many choices that make us happier.
    @nansbones7708 , Nan so happy to see you back with us on the 5%!!! Also that Anne who has been through an unreal time is able to be out and about!! You have also been through so much. Yet, you did not quit instead you are back and encouraging so many Nan!! WB HOME!!!
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,185 Member
    edited September 21
    Insight Timer Quote:
    You cannot find peace by avoiding life.—Virginia Woolf
    I AM:
    I thank the Universe as a part of my good night ritual.
    Action for Happiness:
    Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside.
    Pliability QOTD:
    Believe you can and you’re halfway there.—Theodore Roosevelt
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Puppy Mill Awareness Day. This is always celebrated on the third Saturday in September.
    zq1hzp34uxfj.jpg

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    2wu88flrympk.png
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,629 Member
    Good Morning, all. Time to put out all the”warm-tone’ decorations. The gk think the fall decorations are for Halloween; silly kids. Have a Good Week - I plan to.
    😎
  • sushynes
    sushynes Posts: 1,130 Member
    When is the FALL Challenge starting?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 HI Patti how did the day go?
    @Macrat12 HI Sarah!! Did you enjoy the summer?
    @Kurtize, Oh Joyce YES YES YES!! To the fall!! They had told us the leaves wouldn't be at peak until the 3rd week of October, but we are about 15% Changed now, we'll see if they are right. Has it cooled down at all? Here WOOHOO mid to high 60s. I AM SO HAPPY!! Joyce knows I live in Maine.
    @Marileighea , Awww love kids!! They are so cute and things are new to them, or as they age they get all excited. So much fun to be around.
    @sushynes, WOOHOO its now posted on the home page here, October 12, leaders will be invited to set up their pages before that date. AND all members will be onboard by Sept 5th for PRACTICE WEEK!!! Did you enjoy the summer break?
    Today was a fun day going out to eat with a friend. After that we did errands (SHOPPING! LOL) once home I rested. After laundry. Why is that chore never done? It's just not, but thankful for the modern convience of washers and dryers!! It's done so much easier than beating clothing on a rock!!
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 thanks for the giggle. Laundry and bathroom cleaning are the two jobs that come to mind for me. No sooner are they done……
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Insight Timer Quote:
    Equinox is when day and night bow to each other, and together, they whisper ‘change is in the air’.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM:
    I am allowed to say no when I don’t want to say yes.
    Action for Happiness:
    Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still.
    Pliability QOTD:
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.—Robert Collier
    Fun Fact:
    It’s the Autumnal Equinox!!! Today marks the end of Summer and beginning of Fall.
    s97046h8j239.jpg

• Patti241
    Good morning
  • Sp33dy143
    Sp33dy143 Posts: 2,274 Member
    edited September 23
    6yk2nfx4ulfr.jpg

Happy Fall 'Ya All...

Have to "TOOT" my own horn!!! Personal best weight loss for the 5% Challenges since joining @ SP in 2010 and riding the Spark Wave to MFP three years ago was 7.8 lbs. this summer. (still only half the 14 lbs I needed to reach the coveted 5%) It helped that I was able to do an hour or more a day of water aerobics in our unheated pool. I really needed that win since gradually gaining since my mom passed and Covid hit. As the years piled on and the weight gain took it's toll my ability to exercise diminished substantially. Continuing to exercise will be my main goal for the Fall Challenge. By October 12th the pool will not be an option so I've been preparing to use a stationary bike to continue my healthy journey. I encourage everyone to NEVER QUIT and welcome those new or returning along with all those familiar with the program who lead and or participate to have your "Personal Best" season ever.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @nansbones7708 , LOLOL As soon as they are done (laundry/dishes) they reoccur again RIGHT OFF!!! I saw a show once of a woman who does her laundry in the "all natural" so she'd not have any laundry to do. LOL But, of course she had to get dressed and TA DA that causes laundry AGAIN!!! Ehhhh that's okay we do not get bored!!!
    @Patti241, HI Patti how did the day go? Mine was slow, as I did a wee bit to much yesterday and woke up feeling IIIICKKK!! But once I took a nap this afternoon I AM READY TO GOOOO!
    @SweetPeasMom55 , LOLOLOL LOLOL OH I'd of LOVED the look on the interviewers face "I won't be out on maternity leave." LOL I'd of laughed so hard!! You got the 2nd interview,, I had worked in HR for a large grocery store. If I was calling you back for the 2nd interview you could pretty much be guaranteed I WANTED YOU!!! I'd usually have 2 or 3. CONGRATS!!! WOOHOO!!!
    Today I woke up with another sore throat and thought "OH NO!" but it must of been the LAST HARRAH!! After an afternoon nap I feel so much better and READY TO GO TOMORROW!!!

Are any of you willing to help us recruit? We'd LOVE to have your help!!!

What do you like about the 5% Challenge? Please let us know below. If you are new to the 5% Challenge, what are you hoping you'll get out of being with us?
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,841 Member
    Having some self doubt today. I applied for a different position at work and this week hopefully I will get an answer. I keep reminding myself I would definitely be an asset to the new department. Why is it age always nags at you? My first interview they asked "what can you definitely say you will or won't be doing?" I looked them straight in the eye and said. "I won't be going out on maternity leave." I have a second interview so I am a contender.

You are 150% a perfect fit for PS4L!! Please keep us in mind for the Winter 5%!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    @Catwmncat will do!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 well fingers crossed I get it. Good to know you would have hired me.😁
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    @Catwmncat will do!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 well fingers crossed I get it. Good to know you would have hired me.😁
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Sweetpeasmom55,, GO FOR IT!!! You'll do FANTASTIC!!!