VIP LOUNGE! Welcome to the 2024 Fall 5% Challenge!

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,882 Member
    Diane: We are expecting a little rain today. Right now it is sunny.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    @nansbones7708 Your yard is my dream yard. My dream house had that type of yard. Hubby and I compromised now I have 3 acres. If I ever do it again it's going to be a small yard and a house with a front porch.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I do look at my clothes a lot differently. I don't beat myself up about not liking something. I just set it aside and say someone else will love this.
    @walkintofit Age is just a number I'm so glad you took that hike. Sometimes stepping out of our comfort zone brings us clarity.
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 30
    😎
  • 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 356 Member
    Happy Monday all! I'm excited to get started with the Fall Challenge. I wish you all a joyous day.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,185 Member
    edited September 30
    Insight Timer Quote:
    Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, recognize it.—Rena Rose
    I AM:
    I choose to bring others great peace and happiness.
    Action for Happiness:
    Remind yourself that you are enough, just as you are.
    Pliability QOTD:
    The only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life is you, and what you are willing to tolerate.—Oprah Winfrey
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Love People Day.
    zyec7pj22lj0.jpgt29bawo50o3i.jpg

• Patti241
    Good morning everyone. It is a rainy day.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,642 Member
    Hi all a rainy day here to so sorting out my winter clothes and making a list of new ones to get to keep warm.
  • Ronnie_happy2ranch
    Ronnie_happy2ranch Posts: 489 Member
    @lavalily Enjoy and Happy Birthday!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    Had a pedicure this morning, I haven't had my feet done by a professional in about year, it was wonderful.

Have a great day, Hugs
  • Sp33dy143
    Sp33dy143 Posts: 2,274 Member
    @lavalily... Wow, congrats on a very special Birthday!!! How lovely that your friends are coming to celebrate in person with you. Have a wonderful time <3

pkbjak4hd4g0.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    edited October 1
    So glad to have found this group! Thanks to whomever posted it in the SP Alumni FB group! This is just what I need this season! I was KitGoesFit on SP.

Awww Kelly so HAPPY you've joined us!! Though we do miss Sparks, MFP is somewhat different, the features we mostly used are also here!! WOOHOO!! We are as supportive here as we were on Sparks!! WELCOME BACK!!! If you have any questions we are thrilled to answer them and help you.
    @Walkintofit, hon so good to see you!! Its not easy losing a mate, our hearts are with you!! Hey you did that climb!! WOW!!! IMPRESSIVE!!! Like your friend I am not steady on my feet (one foot is a size 8.5 US the other side is a 4.5 US! and neuropathy), but I LOVE to hear of others who do such. If you take pictures on any adventures you are more than welcome to show us the beauty!! It helps me to take pictures when I get out. Actually it motivates me on those "OH I really don't want to, but PICTURES!! LOL hey whatever we need to do!!
    @Patti241, SO SORRY I wasn't on for a few days. I went to the fair with my GD and awww the 2 boys. It was so much fun, but I quickly realized it was way to much on me!! STILL I pushed and pushed, until I just couldn't any more. We ended up leaving, but the baby was starting to get grumpy so it all worked out well and we had seen about all we had wanted to. I AM THRILLED I WENT!! Do you all need the rain? if not, can we have it? We are in a moderate drought on the southern coast line (Maine). Watching all of the destruction is heartbreaking in the south. We'll take a a huge blizzard ANY DAY!! Most of us have generators (even in the city).
    @annliz23 , GREAT JOB switching things out!! Do you enjoy shopping? I DO!! WELCOME to the Fall 5%! We are pleased to have you with us!
    @Lavalily, ENJOY your company!! You are very fortunate to have long time friends!! I do also, and I know it's a treasure. OH NO DOUBT they'll love being with you and your area ,,, well it's beyond gorgeous!! Hope their flight to HA was nice!
    @Ronnie_happy2ranch , you are so kind and sweet!!! Looking forward to us being on the same team with @Kurtize, or should that SCARE US? LOL HI Joyce!! NICE on the pedicure, I've not done that in years. It was always nice to have done though. I do my own though and prefer it.
    @Sp33dy143 ,, you are also very kind. No doubt Lavalily will have a GRAND TIME!! All of us can be healthy and if it's a goal for us to make it to 90, hey we are all working towards those HEALTHY habits, and can do it!!
    Picture of the kiddos at the fair with my sweet GD LOL A small part of my GD!! Oh I wish I had taken a better picture of her in it!
    bbengm2hh137.png
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    My niece is starting a 9 week paid for diet plan where she has been provided with stuff she must use and exercise she must do. If it’s not on the plan she can’t eat it and can only drink water. Bit strict for me I think but I’m going to try the 3 days strength and 5 days cardio in addition to my planned 5000 steps per day ( her steps mustn’t be from her cardio). Food plan is mine. r4dp3448vt9g.png
    my walk for steps.
    Off to do a 15 minute cardio workout out with Jessica Smith then it’s hello garage declutter
  • macrat12
    edited October 1
    Rabbit 🐰 Rabbit 🐰 wishing everyone luck for a new month.
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.—Oscar Wilde
    I AM: I am surrounded by positive energy and love.
    Action for Happiness:
    Write down 3 things you can look forward to this month.
    Pliability QOTD:
    The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.—Usain Bolt
    Fun Facts:
    Today begins Breast Cancer Awareness month. Wear pink this month for those receiving treatment and for those in remission. c82k5dkj61x8.jpg

It’s National Green City Day to highlight the progress and innovations cities are making to become more sustainable.
    hrwhpw5ted5o.jpg

• Patti241
    Diane: We do not need the rain but we are getting it again today.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    Good afternoon all, hope all is well. We just learned today that my step mother Joyce passed away, she lived with her brother and sister in law in Palm Springs, we kept in touch on birthdays, holidays and sometimes in between. Been a bit lazy lately but doing some exercise though. The realtor is coming tomorrow. The weather is nice. I got a new post card on my North Coast 500 walk with conqueror challenges. Here is link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest

Happy new month
    hoxpky8n7prd.png
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    18 months ago I bought a new faucet for the bathroom. 2 days before daughter comes home hubby decides to address it. Now there is no faucet in the bathroom. Well he has 2 days lord help me.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    @nansbones7708 , Oh Nan, I feel for your niece!! Everyone wants the QUICK Answer, but you yourself know that is not available, well it is. We've learned when we try something like this is, we DO LOSE and FAST, but it 99% of the time when we return to near normal eating ,, we regain that weight and more. If there was a magical way to lose safely (I DO NOT TRUST these "weight loss" drugs. I've seen so many meds come and go which haven't been out for long mess up so many people in so many ways. I was on an arthrisis med, which caused a stroke!! It has since been marked with a black box warning (In the US means people need to know it can cause serious side effects). NICE JOB on upping your exercise!! Hmmmm I can't remember which team you choose to be on, but,,, LOLOLOL If it's Fit Force, well I can't encourage any extra. LOLOLOL Nan knows I am on Positively Strong 4 Life, the top 2 teams that are competive on the 5% is the one I am on and Fit Force. LOL She also knows I am joking.
    @Patti241, UGH SO SORRY!! enough rain is enough and with so much flooding around. It can be scary.
    @Kurtize, I am so sorry hon in the loss of your step mother has passed. I've had 2 step mothers. The last one was such a loving, supportive Mum, I loved her very deeply. Congrats on the new post card!! Love the walking you are doing!!! In the area you are in do you think your house will sell quickly? WEIRDLY in our area (Outside of Portland Maine) houses in our city in general sell in 3 days still!! RIDICLOUS!!
    @Sweetpeamoms55, OH MAN!!!! I hope it goes in okay and works wonderfully. I work better under pressure and hope H does also!! Would you like to borrow a pillow to scream into?
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    Wishing you a joyful Rosh HaShanah! May this year be filled with sweetness for all those who celebrate.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: I actively build my future on hope.
    Action for Happiness:
    Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time).
    Pliability QOTD:
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.—Walter Elliot
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Custodial Worker’s Recognition Day. Take a minute out of your day to thank the employees that keep our schools and workplaces running smoothly. gm6n7an5f1dc.jpg

c0rb6jr7zpq9.jpg