VIP LOUNGE! Welcome to the 2024 Fall 5% Challenge!

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Insight Timer Quote:
    If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.—Roy T. Bennett
    I AM:
    I believe in my potential to create a bright future.
    Action for Happiness: Let go of other people’s expectations of you.
    Pliability QOTD:
    Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.—Albert Schweitzer
    Fun Fact:
    Today is National Talk Teal Day bringing awareness to Ovarian Cancer. Over 249,000 women are diagnosed worldwide each year.
    enazandk6za6.jpg

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,882 Member
    Good afternoon
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    Saw the dermatologist this morning he is putting me on new cream which isn't as harsh on the skin. He also told me about 2 other options now available, each has side effects, one is an oral pill but it does lower all your immunity and the other you give yourself shots 2 times a month. Just thinking about them.
    @Sp33dy143 - WTG

@Sweetpeasmom55 great attitude and answer to interviewer, you will do a great job and I hope they hire you.

It is cooler, 77. Nothing else is too new, got all our pictures divided for the kids and will send once I get some small boxes. Trying to make a list of all the things that need to get done. This won't be our last move, because Don eventually wants to go live in independent living place. Life has always been an adventure for me. Hugs and blessings

.“Believe in yourself and watch the miracle unfold!”
    - Erica Tucci
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    @Patti241 HI Patti!! How did Monday go?
    @Kurtize, Is it a chemo cream for skin cancer or a different type? I have to start the chemo cream soon. I am NOT looking forward to that!! I wish they'd come out with one without so many side effects. It usually wipes me out!! Plus it just ugly what it is, on the other hand it helps in the long run!! Wishing you the BEST!!! With moving ,, yeah not easy. I am sure the kids will appreciate the pictures. I was hurting so much when we went through my Moms pictures, I wasn't thinking well and mostly didn't take as many as I wish I had.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    @Kurtize Thanks for the support. When Doctors give me options I take the time and decide what would be best for me. Best of luck.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Sweetpeasmom55 Do you know when the 2nd interview is? We will CHEER YOU ON!!!
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 24
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I see in your activity#1 that you want to exercise more but not just walking.
    You’ll remember my mum made it to 92 and kept active to the end. She used to lie in bed in the morning, turn down the covers and do leg raises, and arm raises.
    I keep telling myself I’m going to start toilet squats, I spend lots of time there and I could do a couple of extra stand up, sitdowns each time I use the facility

@SweetPeasMom55 I feel your pain. Senior care isn't easy. Growl or gorge is the stress relief option and we don’t want to shout so candy here we come.
    Have you no siblings who can share the care?
    Tell someone you’re struggling and need some help and support. It’s not failure it’s admitting that your burden is too big. I should have done it when I had mum to care for. I didn’t and it broke me.
    Can you take 5 minutes to sit back and view your situation like you’re watching a movie of it and think what you’d tell the movie mum on how she could do things differently? Laugh at it and then challenge yourself to make yourself a reorganised timetable of the things you need to do and see if there are some you can combine and ALWAYS leave yourself time for yourself.
    Plan your meals in advance, batch cook and freeze half (making a meal for 4 takes no more time than making it for two)
    Take your own healthy nibbles to work and eat only the amount that you have planned in your tracking for today.(okay, @Dianedoessmiles1 I hear you laugh that I’m suggesting ideas you’ve seen me struggle to carry out in the past)

• macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.—Bertrand Russell
    I AM:
    I always choose to fight back.
    Action for Happiness:
    Accept yourself and remember that you are worthy of love.
    Pliability QOTD:
    The most important thing in life is to believe in yourself.—Michael Jordan
    Fun Fact:
    Happy National Punctuation Day.
    l10k45hvsp1s.jpg

• Patti241
    Diane: Monday went okay. My friend had a doctors appt in the morning.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,382 Member
    Since I grew up in the Midwest, I remember what autumn is like. It was probably my favorite season when I lived where we had four seasons. Now it's always the same (which I love even more), but I still remember as a child, walking into the woods for a picnic on my birthday with my parents. So I may sit at the ocean's edge instead of hiking in the forest, but I still love remembering. That's been many years ago, and I'm not sure people can just walk into a forest to picnic now without special permission. (watching the ocean from my office window!)
  • Kurtize
    @Dianedoessmiles1 its a chemo cream, called Fluorouracil 5% cream. its very potent.
    Have a great rest of your day everyone. Hugs
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited September 24
    @nansbones7708 @Dianedoessmiles1 I have 2 siblings both don't live in the area. Hubby is retired and our new rule is he has 2 cook at least 3 meals and frozen pizza doesn't count. He also has to pick up the slack around the house as I took care of everything while he had his knees replaced and he got really comfortable doing nothing. I don't eat out my weakness is sweets. I've been doing great not touching the candy at work but that's because covid cooties have hit work. I do my best to stay healthy. Today I switched lunches with my co-worker. She goes to her mom's for lunch. I asked for the early lunch so I could miss the cootie crew. My parents I have scheduled pretty well. I do their shopping with mine. I spend the weekends doing chores and only 1/2 days unless it's a big project. I take my me projects over to my parents and they sit with me as I do them. I really enjoy my time at my parents. It's coming home and hubby watching TV that sends me over the edge. I now just do the bare minimum at home. This is new, as his doctor lectured me about being a good wife. Yep this pushed me right over a cliff. It didn't work in hubbies favor now he has to step up. I'm trying to make more me time it's why I came back to mfp. 😊
  • SweetPeasMom55
    2nd interview should be this week it has to be when everyone has a free moment.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @nansbones7708 , WB Nan!!! So happy to see you with us on the 5%!! I see you're mixing it up with teams, that can do us so much good!! Please know your previous team PS4L is CHEERING YOU ON!!! Your Mom was a SUPER AMAZING Mom, it's easy to see you take after her!! WTG on wanting to add in more ST as you go about the day. I saw a picture some place here of your yard, GREAT JOB Nan!! YO you do amaze us! TY TY TY TY for the suggestions to @Sweetpeasmom55 she is going through what you did. Who better than one who's been there and learned a lot. TY TY For sharing your wisdom and experience. I did giggle, a tiny bit. :)
    @Patti241, is your friend okay? Hard when a friend goes through a lot. I have a close friend of 50 years who's going through an unreal amount of pain. Not much I can do for her, but we keep in touch. She lives next door (building next door) which is nice.
    @lavalily , Oh where you are is NO DOUBT DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Cool, I had no clue you had lived in the Midwest!! Yes, one can still have a pinic in the woods so long as it's not private land and marked with no tresspassing and I think it's a purple mark??? I've not been in the real woods in several years. Maine is a very rural area, I just happen to live on the harbor. I am sure you adore the view at work, I sure do at home!!
    @Kurtize, that's the same one I am on. OH MAN I should start it next week, but I have an event on the 12th and I want feel well and look good for pictures.
    @Sweetpeasmom55, So sorry about H!! Often after surgery some do go into the 'OH NO!! I CAN'T DO X,Y, Z" when indeed they usually can. I can see why you push him to do things. I had my GD as she grew up from 11 on. I had her do chores (her mother never cleaned, she literally at 11 had NO CLUE how to clean!) She was so angry at this. I finally sat her down and asked "hon, why does cleaning upset you so much?" I was calm so was she. She burst into tears (LOL 11 year old until they are 20 PLUS!) "you never ASKED ME what I wanted to do!! I DO want to help, I DO want to learn, but I hate taking the trash down and dusting!" We talked it over, that silly girl LOVED to vacuum (she had seen me doing it) and didn't mind doing the cat box!! She also wanted to learn how to cook, and just needed guidance, I needed to just let her do things her way, not mine. BIG lesson for us both. Did H pick what it is he wants to do? Funny how as adults we are often as we were as kids!! If he picks it he may work more around the house for you. Of course you know what's best. My GD is now almost 30 (Oh I tease her endlessly about that, but in a way it's not upsetting to her, I'd hate to upset her!) and enjoys cleaning most of the time. Great way to reduce any anxiety she's feeling. Here's hoping you get the job if you still like the idea of it!

Today I was mostly LAZY, but my body was demanding it. WELL until a friend who helps clean for me, came. I had decided we'd also go grocery shopping (I'd been trying since Sunday and just couldn't) she makes it so much fun. We get to goofing off horribly. Now it's ALL DONE and so much more! I have in more than my 4500 steps in. PHEW!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The opposite of belonging is fitting in.—Brene Brown
    I AM:
    I am a positive being, aware of my potential.
    Action for Happiness: Avoid saying ‘I should’ and make time to do nothing.
    Pliability QOTD:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.—Carl Lewis
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Daughter’s Day!!!!
    ygjdrngln2qi.jpg

• Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • Ronnie_happy2ranch
    Ronnie_happy2ranch Posts: 489 Member
    @Kurtize My husband has been using that cream for years; it does the job and even chases/spreads to other locations of skin cancer where he didn't even put it on.
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    I’m ecstatic to say that for the first time in months I’m tired out because I’ve worked hard all day, and not just totally fatigued from doing just a little.
    It’s been a long haul but I’m getting back to a more normal me
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Still waiting for the interview🙄 All our departments are short staffed. I just wish it would be done with. Let me know either way and if the start day will be delayed that's fine.I'm hoping I am not coming down with the cooties. I will have to test to make sure I am okay and mask up around my parents. Hubby already moved me to the spare room. The cootie crew all look like they have a really bad cold and cough. That's my co-worker she sounds awful. I have an upset stomach which is probably worrying about the new job. I'm just very tired . I will go to bed early.
  • Kurtize
    @Ronnie_happy2ranch that's for sure. @Dianedoessmiles1 here is a picture of Don's arm, this is after 3 weeks and in healing process.
    f8slleal0iuf.jpg

Today took some more stuff to goodwill, then went to Market Street market, it just opened, the store is large and has just about everything in food, flowers, decorations and food vendors.

It is another hot one, we only had fall weather one day. Hugs all