VIP LOUNGE! Welcome to the 2024 Fall 5% Challenge!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,417 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Asked hubby what chores he wants to do. He said he would give it some thought. 🙄
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,422 Member
    @Patti241 HI Patti!! How did hte day go?
    @Ronnie_happy2ranch , it does a very good job. I think this is my 3rd or 4th time using it. My arms have a TON Of freckles except for where I used it on them. It ate them ALL away!! As a kid/teen I'd of LOVE THAT!! But the older I got the more I loved my freckles. Both of my parents had a TON of them. There are 5 kids (I am the only girl) and 2 of us are FULL of them, the others have some, but not nearly as many. When I look at my arms now they remind me of my Mom and Dad and I smile each time. This time though the cream will be on my LIP!! I need to find out how to do I keep from LICKING MY LIP? Oh I hate it when they try to burn it off. That pain was UNREAL!!! And it hurt for days after so even if they numb me first, that'll not last.
    @nansbones7708 , Oh Nan that is TERRIFIC!! On the nights I am exhausted from activity I sleep so much better. Maybe if we kept track of that and see if it helps in other ways to be busy, we may be amazed!! I know when I am upset my very first "go to" Is walking!! it brings down any anxiety and helps me to think things through better.
    @Sweetpeasmom55, Ohhhhh I sure hope you do not get/have covid. I just got over it (again! 2nd time) it's not as bad it was when it first started off. More of a really bad cold. I hope you slept and today is easier. Its so hard when waiting to hear about a job we want!! Hopefully soon!! YEAH ON your asking Hubby which jobs around the house he'd like to do!! NICELY DONE!!! They commit better when its their idea!! WTG!!!
    @Kurtize, that's a pretty big spot!! Looks like it worked though?
    Today was a nice day. I went with a friend to see a lung Dr. She had thought she had emphysema but thankfully that's not it!! Turns out it is her BP med!! WHO knew Lisinopril can cause severe coughing!! Turns out it's rather common for it to do that! WOW!! But what a RELIEF!! Most of her family including non smokers (she's also a non smoker) have died from it, she was so scared to go today, so scared that was it. As we drove away and home, tears of happiness ALL AROUND!! PHEW!!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,629 Member
    :D To paraphrase: when I’m not doing the job I love, I love the job I’m doing. Having a clean bath is the bees knees. I’ll figure out what has to do with anything later. I picked up a 1000 pc, 36x39 puzzle because it’s a a maple tree in the fall and it is pretty. I’ve divided the pcs between two card tables. All the pcs are speckled red yellow gold green & brown. I did the math: if I can put two pcs together a day it will only take me 500 days. And then they’ll lock me up. :D
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose.—Robert Byrne
    I AM:
    I am strong, wise, and resilient.
    Action for Happiness:
    Find a new way to use one of your strengths and talents.
    Pliability QOTD: Believe you can and you’re halfway there.—Theodore Roosevelt
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Pancake Day.

v6u3ljmkdyaz.jpg

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,882 Member
    good morning. We are in a state of emergency due to the hurricane
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Marileighea, YO!!! Hey that'll be a nice challenge!!! HAVE Fun with that!! I can't say my eyes would be able to do that. I've been doing some online puzzles because @Catwmncat has started me off on that!! She took a picture of my cat, and put it in. That was fun and now? I do others also. WTG on doing that puzzle!! I DID giggle at . "I’ve divided the pcs between two card tables. All the pcs are speckled red yellow gold green & brown. I did the math: if I can put two pcs together a day it will only take me 500 days. And then they’ll lock me up. :D" OH I SURE DID!! LOLOL!! TY TY TY TY!!
    @Patti241, where do you live about? You do not need to say the towncity, just the genreal area. Here's hoping you'll be okay!! Please let your Challenge Leader (Captain) know just in case.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,905 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 that is interesting about the blood pressure medicine, that is what Don takes and he coughs a lot.
    Warm day here again. Not much new. Hugs and blessings

8p8orhu6rs4l.gif
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Booked hubby an appointment to get the covid shot. We had to go around his TV schedule.🙄 As he is getting more paranoid about getting it. I swear he has everything eye balled at 6 ft. I get the drill who's out now? Who's back? How close are they to you in work space? I said it's recycled air, I don't need to be close to get it. My cubby mate I am pretty sure she has it. I know work is trying hard for us all not to get it as they have the air conditioner running full. I pulled out the turtle necks. I'm just freezing.

After still not hearing about the position. I asked the department leader. They are putting the position on pause. I didn't have to ask why as everyone tells me everything I knew 2 people quit. It's going to be blending departments and changing up the positions. I was told when things get posted I don't have to reapply. I'm guessing there will be multiple options and I can decide what I want to do. Time will tell. I took it well the department I applied for didn't. They are very upset about it. I will let you know when I reapply.👍

• Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kurtize , Oh please look up the side effects of it and show it to Don! Its a simple change for them to something else. There are so many others. I no longer take it. My cough remains, but my cough is the heart failure.
    @Sweetpeasmom55, I've had covid 2 times it's not fun that's for sure, but its easily survival. I have as you know congested heart failure and chronic kidney disease, heading to kidney failure. I had covid for the 2nd time just a few weeks ago and got through it without any meds for it. I cant take it because of the heart and meds. I am so sorry it's stressful and can't imagine working and worrying about catching stuff. Before the pangdangitall (covid shut down) I worked as a foster grandma in a city 2nd grade class (weirdly LOL It was the same school I had attended as a kid from 4 to 6th grade!) the flu hit the school so bad out of the 19 plus the teacher and myself (21) only 2 of us did not get it. I was one of them and a child. It was quite stressful, but we got through that! That flu was worse, much worse than covid is now. I hope at work the changes around of merging depts etc. wokrs out okay for you!!!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.—Han Suyin
    I AM:
    I am braver than I think.
    Action for Happiness:
    Free up time by cancelling any unnecessary plans.
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.—Aisha Tyler
    Fun Fact:
    Today is National Day of Forgiveness to encourage us to develop realistic methods for incorporating forgiveness in our lives. Forgiveness is a potential tool on a journey of spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health.
    hd59kqbjua35.jpg

• Patti241
    Diane: I live in Fredericksburg, VA
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 , is the storm any damage there? The news has shown some damage in such a wide variety of an area from FL up. It's a very nice day here. Yesterday it rained hard all day, but we needed it.
  • Patti241
    Diane: Just rain.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    The ‘good life’ begins when you stop wanting a better one.—Nkosi Phambili E. Molapis
    I AM: I express my emotions in unique ways.
    Action for Happiness: Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn.
    Pliability QOTD: If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.—Ben Hogan
    Fun Fact:
    Today is National Good Neighbor Day. It is a blessing to have a good neighbor, bur it is even a greater thing to BE a good neighbor.
    k1tgi84ii4ys.jpg

• SweetPeasMom55
    I pulled out my winter clothes. It is easier for me to put on more clothes than for me to cook my co-workers with my turbo heater. I am taking the day to rest to get on my feet. This is new for me as I normally barrel through until I keel over. Wow taking a nap and I feel so much better. I have to remember to put myself first. I am working myself up to updating measurements. The plan is to do it tomorrow.
    My co-workers and I do a clothing swap once or twice a year. If its something I haven't worn in a year and I don't love it I have to let it go. I am really looking forward to next years swap. With the challenge I hope to go down a size. The first place I gain weight is my chest and the absolute last to leave.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 , rain we can use if you're done with it. Hopefully, tomorrow you'll have sun.
    @Sweetpeasmom55, I have a friend who's mother-in-law yearly has a huge clothing swap. We are all of the same faith, lolol about 20 congregations are invited. I took so many things over this last time and came home with only 3 things! I was so super happy!

Today I went to the fair with my GD and awwww the boys. They're 1 and 7. The fair has animals which is why we wanted to see. It wore me out. We had to leave at the 2 hour mark. But that was enough anyways for us. I'm so happy I went!
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 431 Member
    klxo5obkxn42.jpeg
    ba6u3ppxhqjo.jpeg
    pykis3beld5d.jpeg
    Friday and Saturday mornings I worked hard in the front garden and made it winter ready, lifted all the busy lizzies because they’ll wither soon as it gets colder and all the roses because they need too much attention and have hydrangea cuttings growing in the greenhouse to fill up the spaces in the spring to give all year round colour because they only need an annual prune.
    Next week I tackle the back garden, mainly rearranging the pots and planters and reducing their numbers, I have too many, and off course weeding.
  • KellyBisciotti
    KellyBisciotti Posts: 10 Member
    So glad to have found this group! Thanks to whomever posted it in the SP Alumni FB group! This is just what I need this season! I was KitGoesFit on SP.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote:
    I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.—John Green
    I AM:
    I express my love.
    Action for Happiness:
    Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself.
    Pliability QOTD:
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Eleanor Roosevelt
    Fun Fact:
    It’s National Coffee Day. Linger on your first cup today or go for a second or third cup of coffee today.
    m907clu3lc6a.png

• walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 4,212 Member
    Beautiful yard/garden Nan, so organized. If you seen mine its wild. My place used to be a pasture and has the original fencing around 3 sides. Hubby didn't want to change that but I might do that in the spring. It would look so much better.
    I stopped by and got to reading this page. I remember some of you from the IBC we have had. I really don't know why I haven't stopped by for a visit. I am still working full time. Grief brain does a number on you but I am getting some clarity now. Happy bout that. New challenge coming soon, will be awesome.
    I do need to drop the weight I gained since hubby passed.
    Went for a really good hike yesterday, legs a little sore today. The terrain was super steep. Coming up the trail I had to stop to catch my breath and give the ole legs a rest too. I noticed this trail a few months ago. I told my friend I am going to do this hike. She didn't want to because she is unsteady on her feet. I get it. Not forcing anyone to do something they don't want to do. Some reason I wanted to prove to myself I could do it. Some might say at your age u shouldn't do stuff like that. I got it done and I felt so good knowing I can.