Get the body weight your HIGHER POWER wants for you.

AG_Lake
AG_Lake Posts: 60 Member
It might take a short journey for us to become clearer in our minds and hearts about our desired body weight.
How clear are you about what weight, or weight range, you should be at, for your own health and well-being ?

Replies

• SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 27
    Hi @AG_Lake; and anyone else. As of the Autumn Equinox, (the past Sunday) I'm a returner to MFP, mostly to track food, and also doing some OA, to help walk my path. I'm a compulsive over-eater. I have been listening to the OA steps (steps 0-3 so far) podcasts as I've been going on walks or doing yardwork, one a day. Today (Thurs night) I'm going to instead attend a phone-in meeting in a bit.

As to my current goal weight, any loss would make me healthier; It would be great in 2024 from end of Sept to end of Dec to lose 15-30 pounds (5-10/month). I know where I'd love to be ultimately...at half of what I weigh now. My next goal after Jan1 is early Feb, my birthday...it would be great to be down at least 25 pounds as a birthday present to myself. What about you.

I attended some meetings in the AZ back in the day, and one way they would end that I haven't heard but really like: "Keep coming back...it works if you work it, and YOU are *worth* it."
  • AG_Lake
    AG_Lake Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 27
    Hi @selenemoon333 and other peeps in this MFP / OA group !
    I guess , WELCOME BACK !
    And Excellent Share .
    My current share is that on the OA.org website there’s free OA literature that might be helpful to review.
    I’m really into OA literature as a Tool of Recovery. It’s rarely more that three pages to read at a time.
    It’s only since this summer that it’s become clear to me what my Higher Power wants of me weight-wise. Have to lose 50+ lbs now .
    But I’ve got the food plan and the action plan is crazy .
    Good luck on your health and wellness journey! ☀️
  • SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks @AG_Lake :smile: I will check that out in the next week. So far, I've been doing the podcasts as I walk, so it's a 2-fer :wink: My sister at one point invested in the big book, etc. Then dropped out. So I inherited them. They are in the basement somewhere, it's on my list for this next week. I'm going to start checking in on the daily list here too. :)o:)<3B)