WaistAways Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 Welcome back! I hope your trip was fantabulous and that you have time to get over the jetlag and do all the laundry before having to get back into work mode.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    PW: 189.8 lbs
    CW: 189.4 lbs

Sorry for missing last week’s weigh-in! I was traveling for work at the beginning of the week, returned home for one day, and then my husband and I were on the road to head out to a music festival. I also ended up getting a small cold in between as well, that was manageable and didn’t get in the way of the festival, but nevertheless not fun.

The festival was amazing and we definitely got our steps in which I think helped me overall not gain weight.

Hoping to get a workout in this morning before I head into the office. I am attempting to go into the office on my 3 busiest days in the work week, which are usually Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. That way when I work from home on my less busy days, I have time for laundry and other house tasks that our weekends don’t have time for.

This weekend we are going to a faire for a friend’s birthday so looking forward to more steps and to the event itself. It has been a long time since I have been to a faire!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,320 Member
    Friday weigh in on time!!

PW 219.5
    CW 216.4

Yippee! Biggest drop I’ve seen in a VERY long time. This makes me very happy. Now to keep it up.
  • janiss123
    janiss123 Posts: 8 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!

I didn't lose as much as I wanted. Still trying to break bad habits. Today starts another week for me, so hopefully this week I'll do better. I have been enjoying reading everyone's comments.

@micki48 That's wonderful that your son, Andrew, is headed to western NC to help the flood victims! My niece goes to Western Carolina University, and she had to head home to Charlotte on Wednesday because classes have been cancelled until October 21st. At my alma mater, Appalachian State University, 30% of students have been displaced. My heart goes out to all the victims. Wish I was closer to help.

PW 174.8
    CW 174.4

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 306 Member
    PW: 180.6
    CW: 180.8

This week has not been my best. I stayed home from work yesterday and had a "sick" day. I was feeling quite under the weather due to allergies. For some reason this last week, they have been BAD! But, also yesterday was a mental health day. I just needed a day away from work.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 306 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @MaddawgMadsen great question! I hope to really focus on my 5k training and get under a 13 minute mile. I hope I can do this. I have said this before, I am in a great habit of weight lifting 3 times a week, but not cardio.

I hope you had some time to focus on your mental health. That is just as important as our physical health. Also, what is a 600 series?

First off, this is a great goal!

Secondly, a 600 series is three bowling game that equal 600 or more. Essentially, 200+ for each game. 300 is a perfect score in bowling. 200 is good score. 100 is what new bowlers try to break. My highest ever game happened twice, once in high school and once about 10 years ago and that was 223. My highest series (three games) was 585, and I got that a year or two ago. I am finally at the point where I consistently get 500+ series, so I feel the 600 is going to happen soon.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 678 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 254.7 (I think)
    CW: 256.1

Could have been worse, as my cold has evolved into a hacking cough and my TOM hit a few days ago. "Not my week" let's say.

At least I am currently sailing my way down the Charles in a kayak. Only 9 days left of this beautiful season, and I am making the most of it.

TGIF
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited October 5
    Today was crazy at work. My internet on my laptop kept disconnecting for 5 minutes at a time until finally it disconnected for 30+ minutes. I grabbed a different computer and it started doing the same thing. Finally the IT guy came out and discovered it was the router or something similar that was bad. So they fixed that and hopefully I won't have more issues on Monday. So now I am destressing after a busy week in a bath! My last 2 days of eating have been awful to say the least. I need to get back on track asap.

@micki48 great weigh in this week!

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 make sure you post some photos once you unwind.

@wishfuljune have fun at the faire!

@Kali225 enjoy those last few days of kayaking. I can't believe how much earlier it is getting darker right now.

@MaddawgMadsen oh wow, that is awesome! My highest bowling game was 186, many years ago. Now my goal is always to break 100 😂

Aiming and planning for a perfect day tomorrow! Who's joining me?
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,203 Member
    FYI to the newer folks. A perfect day is just 1 day where you hit all your goals. Food, exercise, steps, sleep, whatever your goals are. Sometimes hitting just 1 or 2 perfect days gets you back into the momentum of further perfect or better days.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,383 Member
    @Gidgitgoescrzy Might sound a bit drastic but I actually uninstalled a few apps that I was constantly on - I left them off for a couple months - then reinstalled them slowly and I find now that I only look at them for about 30 minute a day now...
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 71 Member
    Weigh In Day: I don't remember when I first added my weight so I'll go with Oct 1, and every Saturday from here.
    PW (Previous Weight): 210.9
    CW (Current Weight): 210

Over the past year I've switched from 100% cardio to 100% weight training. It'd probably be wise to find a balance.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,270 Member
    Step catch-up:
    Oct 1 - 11643 steps
    Oct 2 - 9299 steps
    Oct 3 - 11540 steps + 16 minutes Peloton

My watch keeps dying so I'm missing out on steps. It dies at like 40% now... gonna need a change.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 436 Member
    PW=80,60Kg
    CW=80,60Kg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,320 Member
    @micki48 That's wonderful that your son, Andrew, is headed to western NC to help the flood victims! My niece goes to Western Carolina University, and she had to head home to Charlotte on Wednesday because classes have been cancelled until October 21st. At my alma mater, Appalachian State University, 30% of students have been displaced. My heart goes out to all the victims. Wish I was closer to help.

@janiss123 Thanks! Many of my former students are currently attending App State, as well as Brevard and WCU, they are all also home. We have family in Hendersonville. Their house is ok but no power or water. And the roads are all a mess or gone. Keeping all those folks in my thoughts and prayers.

@jugar Sorry to hear your OH has Covid! He hardly goes anywhere, right?!

@Kali225 Glad you are enjoying the last bit of kayaking you can get in.

@ashleycarole86 Welcome home! Sounds like a wonderful trip. You’ll have that “cheese” gone in no time.

Need to get moving. Have a great day everyone.
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 121 Member
    PW: 144.5
    CW: 145.7
    xrf78w90n8ww.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,426 Member
    The October Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, October 6th. Please join us for the Move it More Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10925074/october-week-2-group-challenge-move-it-more-challenge/p1?new=1

Look forward to seeing you in the chat thread!
    Jessica